Death Battle Escapist Forum Edition: Misaka Mikoto vs Virgil Hawkins (Static)

Izanagi009

Legacy
May 7, 2020
Country
United States
Welp, i'm bored and seeing as Death Battle online continues to pull it's punches way too much in terms of actual combatants and power levels, I figure I would try something on the Escapist Forums.

As such, I would like to make a Death Battle Escapist Forum Edition. First up on the docket are two iconic electromancers from different sides of the ocean.

Misaka Mikoto, the Third Ranked Level 5 of Academy City

Vs.

Virgil Hawkins aka Static the Bang Baby Electromaster.

So yeah, lets discuss and see what we come up with.

If this is popular enough, I may make more posts like this in the future with suggestions on matchups from the public.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
It is an interesting matchup because either's power could basically be negated by the other. Static is easily the greater physical threat, but Misaka's signature railgun is a game changer. It is just an accelerated particle, usually a coin, there's no reason his em field wouldn't stop or deflect it like it would a bullet. But should he not see the strike coming or not shield himself in time it would easily kill him.

So it would depend on the type of death match I guess. Static wins I suppose unless one of Misaka's 'special moves' involved summoning a friend like some fighting game characters. If that were the case Kuroko Shirai would appear, grab Misaka, disappear, and seconds later Static's torso would explode from a railgun shot to the back.