Death Of The Lich King, World First Kill of Arthas Reported

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Death Of The Lich King, World First Kill of Arthas Reported

A U.S. guild has reported the world first kill of Arthas Menethil, otherwise known as the Lich King of World of Warcraft's latest expansion.

The last wing of the final raid encounter of Ensidia [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Wrath-Lich-Expansion-Mac/dp/B000VJTJNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278964549&sr=1-1] (Tarren Mill - EU), routinely gets world first kills such as the bosses of Ulduar in WoW patch 3.2, Algalon and Yogg-Saron. Blood Legion beat Ensidia this time, however, by six hours. U.S.A! U.S.A!

Now that the content of the third expansion for the massively popular MMOG is winding down, attention will now shift to what's in store for Cataclysm [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Pc/dp/B002I0HKIU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280161499&sr=1-1]. The redesign of Azeroth will hopefully push the boundaries of what a perpetual world can accomplish with a worldwide event. Plus, introducing two new races will bump up subscription numbers surely, and players have been asking to play as goblins for a long time.

I know that I can't wait to get my hands on a Worgen. And no, that's not a furry joke.

Source: Blood Legion [http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/lich-king-blood-legion/]

(Image [http://www.bloodlegion.com/wow/blog/admin/newsSS/04HLsq.jpg])

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Damn it really didn't take them very long did it...
That's definitely commitment right there...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Unexpected. I suppose if we've got a news article on it then it must be a legit kill.

Still, the hard-modes and different progression levels leave people attempting different things. We may see Blood Legion win easy-mode 10 man, but there's still hard-mode 10 and easy/hard-mode 25 man I assume.

Grats to the US though, this has to be your first world-first in...half a dozen raid dungeons now? ;)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
How hard was the fight, I wonder? Or were they disappointed with its difficulty?

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Take THAT Arthas! I really haven't been paying any attention to WoW news, and this is proof. I had figured you would have been able to kill him in the release version.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Nooooo! The Dark Lord has fallen! Quick rally the scoruge and avenge his death!

OT: Well, the one thing Blizzard has feared has come to reality. There main baddy is killable. I kinda wanna see what they plan to add to the game now that Arthas and the Scourge can be defeated and after Cataclysm of course.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
I cant wait to see the "first to 85" race.

I wish I had an eighty to try this, but alas I dont have the time

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
So he's dead now. Well I suppose that means Blizzard will have to shut WoW down now. I would love them to do that.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
thenumberthirteen said:
So he's dead now. Well I suppose that means Blizzard will have to shut WoW down now. I would love them to do that.
that would be one hell of an april fools joke.

Valkatron

Apr 22, 2009
Ensidia have Sindragosa in 25 man so Arthas should be dead in a few days, if not only 1. But this is still damn quick for killing a final boss, you can just hear the nay sayers already "I told you WoW is made for casuals now"

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Speaking of added classes I'll start playing when Murlocs become a class

[sub]I wants to be a freaky fish guy[/sub]

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
silver wolf009 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
that would be one hell of an april fools joke.
What woul happen if they actually ended WoW all of a sudden? The internet could actually explode.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
lordlee said:
And now Warcraft 4 makes the whole thing non-canon.
Tirion, other lore characters (Sylvanas, Jaina, maybe Muradin) and a bunch of Alliance/Horde heroes kill Arthas. Bolvar Fordragon becomes the new Lich King.

CANON'D.

Exactly the same as how they dealt with Illidan.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Bah, there's still a Lich King, just not played by a long-haired pretty boy.

And no, no loot drops. All they got was a cutscene for their reward.