Debate a girl about anything! I will debate you!

May 5, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:
Diligent said:
Ok, I don't have anything to contribute debate-wise, but I had to laugh at all the "Why you says you a girl!?!?" posts.
If the title was "Debate a guy about anything! I will debate you!" nobody would bat an eye. Nobody would go "why are you pointing out that you're a guy?!?!"
Am I the only one seeing the irony in this? The exact thing you're railing against is only happening because you're bringing it up and pointing it out.
I know, it made me laugh. Around 60% (random number) of the posts in this thread are "why does being a girl have anything to do with it". By posting that they bump the thread, break the don't be a jerk rule and derail it in one fell swoop. I'm fairly sure the OP meant it like those "ask a ___" threads in that she was suggesting from the start might be femininely (does that word mean what I think it does? It does now) biased.

Instead she got 60% hate on the title, 10% offensive stuff, 10% questions that would be taxing if not offensive to a girl, 19% ponies and 1% actual answers.
Actually, I have to object to that. If someone said "Debate a guy about anything", I really would be just as confused. Because, you know, gender doesn't automatically play a role in a debate. If she'd told us to ask her questions about feminism or something, then it would make sense, but she didn't. So bringing up her gender really is odd, and NOT just because she's a girl.

For the record, I don't really think she meant to imply that talking to a girl would be a new experience for most of us. I think she just didn't put a lot of thought into the title. Which is understandable.

Also....ponies? Really internet? Do you just spin a big Wheel Of Pop Culture References every month to decide these things? I mean....ponies?[footnote]For the record I have actually seen one episode of the show on youtube and even for a kid's show it didn't seem like anything special. And I enjoyed the Avatar cartoon, despite watching it when I as 18. I accept the fact that's kid's shows can be enjoyable for adults, and this just isn't quite at that level for me. Wow, this thread really is about ponies now, isn't it?[/footnote]

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Carlos Alexandre said:
McCa said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
The Thinker said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
48÷2(9+3)=X

Solve for X.
Carlos Alexandre said:
The Thinker said:
Can I take that math problem?
You can, but keep in mind: it's a trick question. The internet is all ablaze about it right now.

Here's a hint: neither 2 nor 288 is the right answer.

Here's another: the "divide" sign...
... I don't see it. Seems like X should equal 288 becuase 48/2(9+3)=48/2*12=24*12=288. Also, I don't see anything wrong with your division sign.
The divide sign (keep in mind I used ÷ and not /) does not accurately represent what this equation should be.

Is the divide sign indicative of a fraction? If so, the numerator is 48 and the denominator is 24, making the answer 2.

Is the divide sign meant to show this is a fraction multiplied by an expression in brackets, like (48/2)(9+3)? If so, the answer is 288.

The REAL answer is that the ÷ sign is horribly out of date.

But hey, Google the equation and see the online wars going on right now over this. I promise you'll be amused. ;)
It's 288,

See: BODMAS. C#, C+, C++, Python, Google, ruby, Wolfram Alpha, following mathematical orders it leads to 288.
See: Being unable to read.
Your saying that you can not be sure of the answer, while yes it is horribly outdated and weird, it is still non-the-less 288

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj7kvefZv01qa5tboo1_500.jpg
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Also....ponies? Really internet? Do you just spin a big Wheel Of Pop Culture References every month to decide these things? I mean....ponies?
In reality, it's all about Pinkie Pie's randomness. The rest ist just an addon.

I'd call it a pure love-hate thing. You either love the crazy or you really don't like the show.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Also....ponies? Really internet? Do you just spin a big Wheel Of Pop Culture References every month to decide these things? I mean....ponies?
Quaxar said:

I'd call it a pure love-hate thing. You either love the crazy or you really don't like the show.
For me a lot of it is about how a lot of people on the internet irrationally react violently to seeing such bright colours and cuteness.

The fact that the images are normally awesome and the show is actually good are bonuses.

May 5, 2010
Quaxar said:

OK, I know this is kind of a dick move, but really....Try saying "Pinkie Pie" out loud.

Because I can't. I end up saying something "Pinkie P-aahhhhh.....Pinkie Peeehehhhh". I think my brain is rejecting the cuteness.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Quaxar said:

OK, I know this is kind of a dick move, but really....Try saying "Pinkie Pie" out loud.

Because I can't. I end up saying something "Pinkie P-aahhhhh.....Pinkie Peeehehhhh". I think my brain is rejecting the cuteness.
I dunno, works fine for me.

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6741640/The-Only-Drug-Im-on-is-PINKIE-PIE.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=My-little-pony
Scorched_Cascade said:
Quaxar said:

For me a lot of it is about how a lot of people on the internet irrationally react violently to seeing such bright colours and cuteness.

The fact that the images are normally awesome and the show is actually good are bonuses.
Sure, that's a reason too. Though I prefer to name the awesome images first.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
ShadowDude112 said:
Megacherv said:
ShadowDude112 said:
Sonic the Hedgehog CD is the best 2D Sonic game ever. Agree or Disagree? Why?
Fuck, I'd disagree to that, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best ever.
As much as I like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I feel CD is a better game. From all the various time periods you can travel to, you can destroy the badnik machine in the past to make the past have no badniks and have the future of that zone have no badniks. The Time Stones were cool. Once you go all of them, you didn't need to go to the past. It was automatically a good future. There was no Super Form so it was just like Sonic 1 where you had to rely on pure skill and sometimes luck. Metal Sonic is awesome as a boss in that game since it's not the same "Jump to kill" battle. Also, the Super Peel Out it awesome. As much as I know people love S3&K because it is indeed a great game and it has a lot of levels, Sonic CD has a lot more innovation and a lot more relay value. Especially with the different paths you can take in levels. Reply to this and give me a better argument. Thanks.
Each to their own I guess. I tried playing Sonic CD and I just didn't feel like the game flowed very well, which is why I enjoyed S3&K more.

Tell me, have you ever played Sonic Megamix?

Axelhander

Feb 3, 2011
McCa said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
McCa said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
The Thinker said:
Carlos Alexandre said:
48÷2(9+3)=X

Solve for X.
Carlos Alexandre said:
The Thinker said:
Can I take that math problem?
You can, but keep in mind: it's a trick question. The internet is all ablaze about it right now.

Here's a hint: neither 2 nor 288 is the right answer.

Here's another: the "divide" sign...
... I don't see it. Seems like X should equal 288 becuase 48/2(9+3)=48/2*12=24*12=288. Also, I don't see anything wrong with your division sign.
The divide sign (keep in mind I used ÷ and not /) does not accurately represent what this equation should be.

Is the divide sign indicative of a fraction? If so, the numerator is 48 and the denominator is 24, making the answer 2.

Is the divide sign meant to show this is a fraction multiplied by an expression in brackets, like (48/2)(9+3)? If so, the answer is 288.

The REAL answer is that the ÷ sign is horribly out of date.

But hey, Google the equation and see the online wars going on right now over this. I promise you'll be amused. ;)
It's 288,

See: BODMAS. C#, C+, C++, Python, Google, ruby, Wolfram Alpha, following mathematical orders it leads to 288.
See: Being unable to read.
Your saying that you can not be sure of the answer, while yes it is horribly outdated and weird, it is still non-the-less 288
Not what I said at all.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Megacherv said:
ShadowDude112 said:
Megacherv said:
ShadowDude112 said:
As much as I like Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I feel CD is a better game. From all the various time periods you can travel to, you can destroy the badnik machine in the past to make the past have no badniks and have the future of that zone have no badniks. The Time Stones were cool. Once you go all of them, you didn't need to go to the past. It was automatically a good future. There was no Super Form so it was just like Sonic 1 where you had to rely on pure skill and sometimes luck. Metal Sonic is awesome as a boss in that game since it's not the same "Jump to kill" battle. Also, the Super Peel Out it awesome. As much as I know people love S3&K because it is indeed a great game and it has a lot of levels, Sonic CD has a lot more innovation and a lot more relay value. Especially with the different paths you can take in levels. Reply to this and give me a better argument. Thanks.
Each to their own I guess. I tried playing Sonic CD and I just didn't feel like the game flowed very well, which is why I enjoyed S3&K more.

Yes, I have. I can't believe development is still going on after Tweaker threw his tantrum and said it was cancelled. I hope to see what new additions they add. They're even changing up a few Zones. While I enjoy the CD version of Megamix, I remember thinking the Genesis version was better but I've only played the CD version in recent times because I like the revamped zones.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
ShadowDude112 said:
Megacherv said:
ShadowDude112 said:
Megacherv said:
ShadowDude112 said:

Yes, I have. I can't believe development is still going on after Tweaker threw his tantrum and said it was cancelled. I hope to see what new additions they add. They're even changing up a few Zones. While I enjoy the CD version of Megamix, I remember thinking the Genesis version was better but I've only played the CD version in recent times because I like the revamped zones.
Megamix is second on my list of favourite's. It's also Shadow's best appearance (double-jump > jump-dash, super-form is insanely fast, and awesome super-form music)

Steambroom

Aug 8, 2009
Urgh76 said:
Steambroom said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
Steambroom said:
Where has OP dissapeared to?
They were sidetracked by ponies around page 3 (10pm GMT yesterday) and went off to watch the episodes; all posts since then have been either unanswered, infighting or ponies.

speaking of which:
You know you want to

tehpiemaker said:
No! I hate debates!
I see no debates, all there are here is ponies as far as the eye can see.
Im actually waiting for episode 22 to get uploaded^^
It already did mate
*Big Inhale* [small]Yay[/small]

crazy_egyptian

Dec 2, 2010
Steambroom said:
Urgh76 said:
Steambroom said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
Steambroom said:
Where has OP dissapeared to?
They were sidetracked by ponies around page 3 (10pm GMT yesterday) and went off to watch the episodes; all posts since then have been either unanswered, infighting or ponies.

speaking of which:
You know you want to

tehpiemaker said:
No! I hate debates!
I see no debates, all there are here is ponies as far as the eye can see.
Im actually waiting for episode 22 to get uploaded^^
It already did mate
*Big Inhale* [small]Yay[/small]
I believe this suits

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
Holy pony, I step away to take care of my girls and study for an exam and BAM! Good work, ladies and gentlemen, Salad approves. Let's ease up on the bronies now, lest we weaken their magic by diffusion.