Debate a girl about anything! I will debate you!

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Futurenerd said:
Here's a debate topic:
Convince me that Hitler was right.
Your move.
Several people probably have quoted you already but oh well. There are no "morals" they're just made up so we act more civilized. So Hitler wasn't wrong or right.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
blazearmoru said:
Rape ought to be legalized.
I'm pretty sure it is in J-

Nevermind.
The Thinker said:
Here's a good topic: The use of "they" as a non-gender-specific singular pronoun, e.g.
"Someone rifled through my stuff; whoever they are, they're not very stealthy." Or
"I was talking to this person on the internet, and then they insulted me!"

I'm all for it. You?
I agree. I think we use "he" and "him" too often when dealing with sexually ambiguous characters.

blazearmoru

Sep 26, 2010
Redlin5 said:
blazearmoru said:
Rape ought to be legalized.
I'm pretty sure it is in J-

Nevermind.
The Thinker said:
Here's a good topic: The use of "they" as a non-gender-specific singular pronoun, e.g.
"Someone rifled through my stuff; whoever they are, they're not very stealthy." Or
"I was talking to this person on the internet, and then they insulted me!"

I'm all for it. You?
I agree. I think we use "he" and "him" too often when dealing with sexually ambiguous characters.
D:

was it done already?

Alpha1Niner

Aug 11, 2009
I used to do this in high school with two friends of mine. We'd debate anything and everything. We even had a meme of our own. "That's debatable!" Ah... good times.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Boxers, briefs, or the golden in-between, boxer-briefs?...I'll let you know when I have a better question.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
What's your opinion on efficient market theory? Do you think the loss of faith in Keynesian economics will result in large changes in economies across the world? Do you think fiscal and monetary policies will become less popular among developed economies for controlling a range of economic outcomes?

Carlos Alexandre said:
48÷2(9+3)=X

Solve for X.
Not this topic again!

K_Dub said:
Boxers, briefs, or the golden in-between, boxer-briefs?...I'll let you know when I have a better question.
I vote... COMMANDO!

May 5, 2010
Salad Is Murder said:
Dr Snakeman said:
Kathinka said:
Traun said:
Why do you crave attention so much?
i was ninjad by this, i was going for something like "i argue that you are an attention whore by specifying your gender in the thread title. debate me!" though the guy i quoted was more...tactful^^
I, too, was going to say something like this. So, yeah, here goes:

I postulate that you are under the impression that being female somehow makes you special, while the truth of the matter is that you share that characteristic with about 48% of humanity. I would argue that your assumption about the denizens of the Escapist forums -that they don't have the opportunity to hold conversations with women on a regular basis- is false and insulting.
I think you've set a new world record in distance jumped in a single conclusion...and why does "postulate my impression" sound so dirty. I'll be back in a bit, I need to investigate this pony business further.

I will return with new evidence and theories, SALAD OUT!

You know, you're doing a very bad job of "debating me about anything"....

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Catholicism is a sham of a Christian Faith; more a business promoting pedophilia and earning money. The Reformation got it right creating a better Church, and as such, the Catholic Church no longer serves a purpose in the world, with the many Protestant sects filling in the gap much more efficiently and with a much better grasp of the true Chrsitian Faith.

PS this is not a debate on the merits of religion in general, just whether or not the Catholic faith deserve to endure.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
How the hell did this thread get back on track?

By page 3 the OP had jumped ship to join the herd and the ponies came out.

viper3 said:
You are a human female residing on the planet earth, prove me wrong via debate!
clause 1:She claims to be a girl on the internet
clause 2:There are no girls on the internet
Therefore: she is not a girl
QED
(for the hard of thinking, I'm joking, this is not my actual view)

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
You know, you're doing a very bad job of "debating me about anything"....
Just quoting you for the FYI in the first part of my post. OP is gone, long live Anarchy (and ponies).
Diligent said:
Ok, I don't have anything to contribute debate-wise, but I had to laugh at all the "Why you says you a girl!?!?" posts.
If the title was "Debate a guy about anything! I will debate you!" nobody would bat an eye. Nobody would go "why are you pointing out that you're a guy?!?!"
Am I the only one seeing the irony in this? The exact thing you're railing against is only happening because you're bringing it up and pointing it out.
I know, it made me laugh. Around 60% (random number) of the posts in this thread are "why does being a girl have anything to do with it". By posting that they bump the thread, break the don't be a jerk rule and derail it in one fell swoop. I'm fairly sure the OP meant it like those "ask a ___" threads in that she was suggesting from the start might be femininely (does that word mean what I think it does? It does now) biased.

Instead she got 60% hate on the title, 10% offensive stuff, 10% questions that would be taxing if not offensive to a girl, 19% ponies and 1% actual answers.

crazy_egyptian

Dec 2, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:

snip

Instead she got 60% hate on the title, 10% offensive stuff, 10% questions that would be taxing if not offensive to a girl, 19% ponies and 1% actual answers.
You are absolutely right, and I am appalled by the number of ponies in this thread. So, just to balance out the numbers a little bit...

My work here is done.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
So, how do I overcome my inability to approach an attractive female and go "I really think you're amazingly attractive" or some very "smooth" line like that?
I'm not the OP, but if you want kind of ease into it, try to make small talk about it first. Talk about some actor you find good-looking or something, ask what she thinks about the actor. Possibly lead it into some small talk about attractive people in general and go for it.

Or, you know, do what I did and punch yourself in the balls daily while repeating "You fucking worthless piece of shit, do it or I'll kill me" until you manage to threaten yourself into action.

Ultimately, whatever you do, do it and do it fast when it's time. Just bite the bullet. Do it before you can think about it too much, when you're just feeling kinda brave. Tell your every warning instinct to shut up and piss off and just, you know, do it. If you let your puny, gooey thinky-muscles get a say in it, you'll start doubting. You don't want that.
The first time, I think, is always the hardest. So just go for it. I mean it, go for it right now. Get off your ass and GO FOR IT. NOW IS THE TIME. FLY. MOVE. VAMOOSE.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
crazy_egyptian said:
Scorched_Cascade said:

snip

You are absolutely right, and I am appalled by the number of ponies in this thread. So, just to balance out the numbers a little bit...

My work here is done.
Shh, Shh! I told everypony to be quiet and act all natural like so no pony would suspect but now you've done it. Pony begets Pony.

I'm interested to see what the OP thinks of ponies now that they are part of the herd, shame we have to wait till they wake up (silly US times) if they even come back here at all.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
OldRat said:
Booze Zombie said:
So, how do I overcome my inability to approach an attractive female and go "I really think you're amazingly attractive" or some very "smooth" line like that?
I'm not the OP, but if you want kind of ease into it, try to make small talk about it first. Talk about some actor you find good-looking or something, ask what she thinks about the actor. Possibly lead it into some small talk about attractive people in general and go for it.

Or, you know, do what I did and punch yourself in the balls daily while repeating "You fucking worthless piece of shit, do it or I'll kill me" until you manage to threaten yourself into action.
I meant approaching random women who you've no previous experience with, but this also helps, thank you.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Why do feminists always look for ways to start fights with people, like... I don't know, let's say starting a thread on a message board asking men to debate with her about things?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?

Answer this very carefully!
Neither. The answer is Janeway.

[sub][sub]In all seriousness I consider it a tie.[/sub][/sub]

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
Salad Is Murder said:
Go ahead, I double-dare you.
How do you feel about america's involvement in the yugoslav war,did you feel it appropriate for america to bomb Serbia even though it was just a civil war amoungst different ethnicities?And was it necessary for the american media to say that serbia was committing most of the war crimes even though historians have proven that war crimes were committed on all sides not just serbia?