Decent super hero games?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
What super hero games do you enjoy?

After coming off my fantasy kick, I'm on a super hero kick. And from what I understand, the super hero genre is filled with shitty games. Right now, I've played through Arkham Asylum again and I'm now onto Arkham City(loving it so far). I've also played Prototype and Infamous(if those count), and I've heard Infamous 2 is worth it, but don't know about Prototype 2. I've also heard good things about Spiderman 2 and the newest Spiderman game. What other super hero games should I try? Feel free to list any because I'm sure others might find a similar list useful, but know that I'm primarily focusing on PC games of the non-MMO and non-fighting variety(I may make an exception, like for Infamous 2).

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are fun co-op games. I wouldn't play them alone though. It is an incredibly mediocre single player experience.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I've heard the Lego Batman games are quite good

Plus two player co-op is always fun, right!?

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Some good ones are the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, XMen Origins Wolverine (If you're into Hack and Slash), and, judging by how you've got Infamous, I'm assuming you have a PS3, so I can recommend DC Universe Online.

Also, the new Spider Man is actually quite good.

Dec 14, 2009
inFAMOUS 2 is definitely worth your time and money. Spider-Man 2 as well, if you can find a copy.

I still can't believe no other devs has been able to match the webslinging in that game.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
From ones you haven't named, the Lego Batman games are really fun. Definitely recommend them, especially the second one.

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
Spider-Man 2 is the first one that came to mind.

Come to think of it I should buy that game. I rented it around the time it came out and didn't end up doing anything other than swing around the city. It was great.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
From what I've seen of the new spiderman game, it should be really good. It's gotten a fair amount of praise from the critics as well. I particularly like the webslinging; the close-in camera angle gives a great sense of motion. Combat seems ripped right from Arkham Asylum too (good thing).

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
If you want ones on modern systems:

Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2
Amazing Spider-Man
Infamous 1 and 2
Prototype 1 and 2
Arkham Asylum and City
Wolverine: Origins
Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is really good, if you've got a Gamecube lying around somewhere (a Wii works too, but I'm probably one of the few people here who have one).

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Spiderman 2 has incredible webslinging, like daystar said. Seriously, if you can get a copy, you should. It's amazing.
Every other part of it is pretty crap, but the webslinging more than makes up for it.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I know this will probably surprise you, but I wholeheartedly recommend inFAMOUS 2. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. The user-made missions give it some nice replay value, too.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Herzog Wyrmsyn said:
Superman 64. For the Commodore 64. It seems pretty fun.
It is. Until that damn platforming level.

Still not as good as the one for the N64. <youtube=DNpBwU3PTX8>

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Viewtiful Joe isn't exactly a typical "superhero" but its definitely a fun game on most major consoles.

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for the Gamecube thanks to its dual gameplay featuring both Spidey and Venom.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Spider-Man 2 on console is worth it.

On PC I found it truly horrible. Worse than Spider-Man 3 (movie and game).

I strongly recommend Infamous 2 as it is a much stronger game than the first one.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Well I'm a really big fan of Arkham City but since that's already been mentioned, I recommend X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. It's the exact same concept as the Ultimate Alliance games and it's pretty damn fun.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
no love for ultimate spiderman? really that game tops back in the day, and the cell shaded gfx still hold up well today.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
inFAMOUS 2, go buy it now!

You'll thank me later!
(If you're in the US there's a collection edition coming out 28th of the month, it HD and includes inFAMOUS I, II and Festival of Blood)