Deception IV: Blood Ties Review - Boobies Trap

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011

Beautiful when it goes right, unbearable when it doesn't.

Read Full Article

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Reminds me a lot of the game Evil Genius. But this one has boobs. Perhaps as a distraction from the aforementioned gameplay?

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I like Kagero Deception 2 a lot and i even enjoy Trapt to some degree, so i might give it a go. I'm still amazed that they made a sequel after all these years.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I didn't even know they were still making these. We played Kagero: Deception 2 for days on end back in the PSX days.

There really wasn't anything quite as satifsying as laying a series of push and launch traps to toss some unsuspecting schmuck down a flight of stairs, onto a spike trap, off a springboard and into the fireplace.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Diddy_Mao said:
I didn't even know they were still making these. We played Kagero: Deception 2 for days on end back in the PSX days.

There really wasn't anything quite as satifsying as laying a series of push and launch traps to toss some unsuspecting schmuck down a flight of stairs, onto a spike trap, off a springboard and into the fireplace.
... nothing but net.

I like it. I have all four (Trapt counts) of the previous games and found them all uniquely enjoyable. I just wish that they would have the budget or talent to pull it off better than they do.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I thought Trapt was terrible and this looks like the exact same thing with more boobs. Everyone moves so slow and I know that's because it's so you can get them in the traps but it's just pitiful how slow they move.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Seems like a interesting game, I might have tried it if the fan service wasn?t so blatant and stupid.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Never played these types of games, but from how it's described, I'm getting a Dungeon Keeper vibe. Is that the right idea?

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
CkretAznMan said:
Never played these types of games, but from how it's described, I'm getting a Dungeon Keeper vibe. Is that the right idea?
Not exactly. It's not like you're a god like entity carving out a living for your minions. It's more like orcs must die when you keep comboing traps.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
*sigh*

Why do all the fun-looking Tecmo Koei games come out as PS exclusives? I'm still pissed off that I missed out on Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires because I'm a 360 player...

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I bought this game just to try out the trap mechanics. Is it just me, or does Tecmo Koei seem to be prizing their games now on women in elaborate swim wear? Technically, even Dynasty Warriors 8 doesn't escape this, though it's less of a problem in that one since there are so many options for characters you can basically dodge the bullet.

Coakle

Nov 21, 2013
I'm disappointed that they decided to use 'immunity enemies' in the game. I hoped that some enemies might be resistant to damage, but the physics would still have an effect and give a damage boost to the next trap. That way, even if trap A doesn't hurt the guy, a trap A leading into trap B would be viable setup.

I'm glad the tone seems to be consistent with my expectations. The backstories are a nice touch that I didn't expect.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:

Beautiful when it goes right, unbearable when it doesn't.

Read Full Article
Good sir, I have played this series of games back in the day and yearn for more of the silliness. Thanks for letting me know about it, I'll be grabbing it next month.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
MrBaskerville said:
I like Kagero Deception 2 a lot and i even enjoy Trapt to some degree, so i might give it a go. I'm still amazed that they made a sequel after all these years.
Kagero had a massive influence upon my dming. :)

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Diddy_Mao said:

Hail Kagero brother. I agree on the joy of a great set up. Good times. The deception series were so unusual and funny, I was hooked.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Finally a game that combines my love of sadism onto "good" characters with wanton boobs and destructible clothing!

Im not even joking... This is kinda how I thought the "overlord" series would be at first xP