Decided to make a last minute zombie costume for Halloween. Can I have some tips?

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
The title says it all.
I have barely any knowledge for dressing up or applying make up and have very limited resources and cash at hand. I was wondering if anyone can give me a few tips or direct me to any source of information that would help.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a zombie costume any different ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Everyone else is going to be wearing rubbish costumes too, I'd not be too concerned.

Actually, there are good reasons for doing a bad job. If you do too good on the makeup, don't ever post any pictures of any injuries you later sustain (or have before) on the net. That happened to a woman that got raped, hundreds of people claimed she was a liar until she posted a vid of herself scrubbing at the bruises to show she didn't paint them on.

spartxn

Oct 22, 2011
Lets see. U have until tomorrow. Go out and buy a costume from Walmart or something. U can ge them for like 20$.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
spartxn said:
Lets see. U have until tomorrow. Go out and buy a costume from Walmart or something. U can ge them for like 20$.
There are no walmarts in Ireland or possibly outside America and when I say I am low on cash, I mean I really am
(five euros to spare at most). = )
I would prefer to make the costume myself although thank you for the information.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
If you have a cheap white shirt you can ruin, mess it up and put some red food colouring down it, and see if you can pinch a bit of purple make up from a woman for bruises.
Also eyeliner is good for drawn-on stitches.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Last minute? But it is only the summer.

Oh wait, I have been duped by Mr. Tom Morison. Upon further investigation, this is an old thread and you are probably a very bored individual.

SkoopMaster

Jul 4, 2010
Sit down and I will tell you a tale of how I made my zombie costume...

The first thing I did was find some old clothes I used for manual labor. It was perfect,the cloth was faded and tattered and stained already from years of work.

Now that would have been fine but I took it one step further and took a razor blade and slashed them up in places, mostly around the sleeves and ends. To give it more of a dirty just crawled out of the grave look I burred them in the garden for a bit.

Now that I had the essentials done I bought a quart of theatrical blood and SMEARED it all over the clothes, I was able to cover most of it with more or less half a cup.

Now I let those dry for 2 days and I bought some costume makeup. This didn't have to be anything fancy as long as I had black and white and lots of it.

I have never applied makeup before so I just covered my face with white as if I was painting and just tried to make it even and for the most part it worked, and the black was used for detail.

Now that the clothes and makeup were done I grabbed the theatrical blood (I recommend getting one that is edible or make one with food coloring) and smeared more on to my chin and neck just loads of it as if the blood was gushing from my mouth.

Then I went out on a walk and everyone was frightened by my appearance to the point of crossing the street to avoid me.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
TomMorison said:
Zombie costume is a good idea.If you try some other costume you can buy super heroes costume whom you like.

Halloween Costumes for Women [http://www.thecostumeland.com/]
Necrod a thread about a zombie costume? That's almost as clever as necroing threads about necro threads.

(don't suspend me, it wasn't me who necrod it this time)

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Did... did a spambot necro a thread about zombie costumes and get instantly suspended? If so, that's a first. Especially for a thread this old. If not, why did that guy get in trouble? A combination of incoherence and a nasty necro?