Demo of a game you had the most fun with.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Quake Wars multiplayer demo.

I played the hell out of it for the 2 weeksish before the game was released, then went and bought it on day 1.

Had to wait a while until I could play the map that was in the demo again without groaning.

The87Italians

Jun 17, 2009
The Dead Rising demo, we probably played that more then we played the actual game. Wait...no, no we didn't. But it was still good fun.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Probably the Metal Gear Solid demo. You get to play nearly an hour of it with cutscenes etc. Same with the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo you got with Zone of the Enders.

Not a big fan but I enjoyed those. Special mention has to go to the old PS1 demo disk with Die Hard Trilogy and the T-Rex graphic demo. I have a few others I can think of like the Far Cry one on PC.

Also the Resident Evil 2 demo free with the Res Evil 1 directors cut on Ps1 blew my mind.

Basically any demo that gives you loads of gameplay and story is good in my opinion

P47R1CK

Jun 15, 2009
As has been mentioned before, Just Cause 2 had an awesome demo.
The Mount and Blade Demo convinced me to buy the game though and I did play the demo a fair bit (How much can I get done before level 7 when the game locks :D)

DazZ. said:
Quake Wars multiplayer demo.

I played the hell out of it for the 2 weeksish before the game was released, then went and bought it on day 1.

Had to wait a while until I could play the map that was in the demo again without groaning.
Man, I just finally recognised your avatar. Is it the last scene from The Evil Dead?

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
Hubilub said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Suki the Cat said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Hubilub said:
Snippity
Snip
I'm sure you can find some great stuff for cheap prices.

Ever played The Darkness?
Now that is a great game. amazing storytelling, but the movement speed could stand to be increased.

OT: Splinter Cell Conviction. I replayed that demo for a week before I got bored (I memorized the AI behavior and patrol paths)

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Oddly enough I'm going to go with the original Halo: CE demo for the PC. I didn't even buy the real game until years later, I just played the hell out of Blood Gulch.

Majere613

Sep 17, 2008
The demo of Facebreaker contains pretty much everything about the game which is actually enjoyable. Sad but true.

somekindawizard

Dec 3, 2008
Caesar 3 on the PC. Great little demo. I played and played and played it and it led me to buying the full game.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Halo. That trial is still regularly played online, it was that good.

I know everything there is to know about The Silent Cartographer.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
The demo I've had the most fun with was the one for Saint's Row 1 on 360...
It's the only demo I've ever played that caused me to go out right after finishing it and buy the game.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
The Battlefield 2 demo.

Was the only real demo I ever played online with people. That and I don't get many demos or get into many beta tests for things. I wait for the full game before buying a game, nearly every time.
The BF2 demo came out, though, while I was at a friends house and we all got in and played it on a LAN and online with people. Never seen so many people playing an online demo at the time.

Had great fun that definitely foreshadowed the times I would have with that game later