Demon's Souls Halloween Event Will Kill You All Weekend

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Demon's Souls Halloween Event Will Kill You All Weekend

The Old One is really out to get your soul this Halloween weekend, increasing the rewards possible if you play Demon's Souls online.

If you've been playing Demon's Souls and want a challenge, play the game online this weekend. Atlus has announced a Halloween event where it will be plunging the game's worlds into pure black tendency. This means that enemies will be stronger, while you will be weaker.

Of course, there has to be a reason to put yourself through the hell of making a really hard game even harder. In Demon's Souls, a pure black tendency also means that the loot rewards will be greater. Though I'm not terribly deep into the game myself, having only beaten 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1 (I know, I'm slow), it is said that there are secrets in many areas that are tendency dependent, so this will be a chance to search for those as well.

I was just thinking that it would be great if Atlus provided some kind of DLC for Demon's Souls, and along comes this event. This is what makes Atlus such a great company; it is in touch with its fans and knows what they will enjoy. In the past Atlus has held other events, such as a multiplayer tournament for Luminous Arc 2, a game that maybe didn't click with a huge amount of people, but the tournament was still a cool idea nonetheless.

If you don't mind spoilers, and just want to figure out the best way to maximize this event, the Demon's Souls wiki [http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/] would be a good website to explore. Black tendency should kick in sometime this weekend, just make sure you bring lots of Moon Grass and your strongest weapons.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
This is one of the games that makes me want to get a PS3. That and MAG.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Yikes, I was going to play Demon's Souls after borrowing it from my friend this weekend, but now I don't know if I should!

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I was just playing Demon's Souls online, and I don't think the world tendency has changed yet. It is darker than I remember, though...

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Zetona said:
I was just playing Demon's Souls online, and I don't think the world tendency has changed yet. It is darker than I remember, though...
Same, I think it's supposed to be totally black. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Awww, I am still waiting on my copy of Demon's Souls to ship after the first place I bought it from had to refund my money due to lack of stuck. Demon's souls, why must you taunt me so!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
What's next?

Will they hold a Thanksgiving event where mutant turkeys will fire acid spewing bombs at you?

Actually, that'd be pretty sweet. Make it happen plz.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
What's next?

Will they hold a Thanksgiving event where mutant turkeys will fire acid spewing bombs at you?

Actually, that'd be pretty sweet. Make it happen plz.
Nonono. Not Mutant Turkeys that fire acid spewing bombs... that would be right before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving, they would all be Black Phantom form, just cause, you know, they wouldn't be hard enough already.

In reference to the OP, you're not kidding when you say you're slow at this. I'm on my second play through. Fair warning, I have a Soul Level of 104, and I'm getting brutally murdered every few seconds. Thank god for the "Ring of Avarice" and the spell "Soul Thirst." Advice to all, if you're going to play, choose a female character. There's a special item that only females can use (which I have, but can't use because I'm a male character) that increases the amount of Souls you get, which, when stacked with the Ring of Avarice, pure black world tendency, Soul Thirst, and, if you have it, SoulSucker (Or is it SoulSuck?), you can get a whole hell of a lot of souls... about 150,000 in 2 minutes (as a youtube video has shown me).

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
wasn't active a few hours ago but It wasn't Halloween just yet then sounds painful but interresting.

blitz609

Sep 11, 2008
lol the hardest part for me playing demons souls was getting pure black world tendancy, primevil demon farming ftw.

KjellKanon

Aug 6, 2009
This is damn awesome!
Gotta love this game. I've spent 30 hours so far, and I'm loving every second of it :>

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Chipperz said:
I... I hate you all right now :(

This sounds awesome :(
Same here, it's not released in Europe and most sites like Amazon only sell this game to US adresses.
Wretched publishers...

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Well, it's still not pure black tendency :( but it's darker and tougher since the last time I played.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
This should be interesting since the three areas I've been through are all white right now. Ohhh... I'm so getting the exicutioners axe.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
while we're talking about demon's souls, is there any realistic way to kill the boss of 2-1 without ranged attacks?

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
while we're talking about demon's souls, is there any realistic way to kill the boss of 2-1 without ranged attacks?
I have done it melee, but you'll need lots of healing grasses for it. That boss is so much easier from range though. Just bring a bow and lots of arrows with you and if you stand in the right spot and are quick at alternating between your bow and shield, you probably won't even have to use a single healing grass.