Denis Dyack Wants to Finish Too Human Trilogy

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I played Too Human, and found it lacking. I didnt hate it, I honestly thought that it made tons of mistakes that need to be fixed in a sequel, but I really did enjoy the Norse mythology aspect fused with the cyberpunk (not sure if right word to describe it, maybe just techno-aspect or something, anyways). They definitely need to change alot from the first game for any sequel, but I do feel that it would still make for a good series.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha ha ha, very funny Dyack. No go work on Eternal Darkness before you find me hidden in your house... waiting... watching.

sevensins44

Mar 4, 2010
I had some fun with Too Human it definitely needs to be (improved camera,more enemies,etc)I am not against the idea of a sequel I think the original had potential.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
It was a pretty good concept, it was just implemented poorly. If they listen to criticism about TH and fix the (rather glaring) flaws for the sequel, yeah, I'll check it out.

Failing that, I'd be more than satisfied if they scrap the project and go back to Eternal Darkness.

And while we're on the subject of supposed trilogies with poorly received first titles, what the fuck happened to Advent Rising 2?? The game was buggy as hell, but it had an interesting story and good characters. So much potential wasted...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I was skeptical of Too Human before release and stayed far away from it after the reviews started coming in, but I see no reason not to work on a sequel if that's what they really want to do. If the second and third games are well received perhaps they can even remake Too Human.

Personally if I was a developer and I wanted to make a sequel to a game that bombed I'd make sure I'd released one hit in the mean time.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
if they want to make a mirrors edge sequel then by all means make a too human sequel. I only played the demo for it but i for the time i played it i did not find it that bad. Yes the controls were a bit funky, and the death graphic where that norse goddess came down got tedious, but that seems to be the primary complaints of everyone, so if they fix it then there is no reason why it should not get decent sales in the uk or the us.

Jul 22, 2009
By all means, go for it.

Just make sure this one is actually good... and doesn't cut you off completely if you choose to go all shooting.

Also fix the camera, combat, and enemies and if I see proof of this in previews, who knows, maybe I'll buy your sequel and actually finish it.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
The plot was by far the strongest point of Too Human. If you want to pick that plot back up and put it into a more functional game, then by all means please do.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Too Human had it's flaws but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Not every game needs to be Gears of War, God of War, or Call of Duty to be good. I have 4 max level characters, each with their epic armors and weapons, along with custom made sets. I like where the story was going toward the end of the game, the the ending definitely left me wanting more.

With some fixed mechanics it could be a really good dungeon crawling loot hoarding experience.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Considering the game was LITERALLY NOTHING BUT the same damn platforms over and over and over again for two to three hours straight with no breaks with the same enemies dropping in on you and boss fights that made no sense. If they made a sequel it would have to be better because they couldn't have made that game any worse if they had tried. I think like yahtzee said, it was some kind of test and if you liked it then the government grabs you.

r0kle0nZ

Apr 2, 2011
I really enjoyed Too Human, I thought it was a very um. "thought out" game. Just lacking some finer qualities. The fighting with the analog stick was unique and I, in my opinion, liked the idea. Also the ability to die over and over just let me be able to keep failing and failing, while still giving me progression. Which unfortunatly many games today are lacking.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd buy it.

Me and a lot of my friends playing a shit-ton of it online. I'd buy TH2.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
If Assassin's Creed has taught me anything, it's that if there's some potential to be found, give it a second chance. You might get something good.
If Kane and Lynch has taught me anything, it's that if they mess up the second chance, don't give them a third.

So, I say give them another go. But it better be good.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Diamondback One said:
I don't care what people say: I loved Too Human.

And I am happy to hear that it may be coming back. Of course, tweaks and fixing it up wouldn't hurt, and might add some new blood to the co-op community.
Same,but maybe its because I was just looking at gamestop for a 20 dollar game and found it, previously never hearing about it and had absolutely no expectations

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i want it made i like the first game and the cliff hanger ending pisses me off

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
xitel said:
You know, I actually enjoyed Too Human. Like, validly enjoyed it. I understand why people would have problems with it, and hey, that's your right. But I'm living proof that there were people out there that actually enjoyed it.
Me too. It was not perfect and it got repetitive, but the Co-op was fun and using the right analog stick for combos was not a problem at all. Overall, the stick was responsive and did the attacks I wanted to do. So yeah, I would like to see a sequel.