Dennis O'Neil, 1939-2020

faeyr

Escapist +
Apr 10, 2020
Ottawa
Country
Canada
I've just read that Dennis O'Neil, arguably the most influential DC comics editor of all time and one of the most important writers of Batman and Green Arrow, has died.
I just thought I'd post this in case any fans wanted to celebrate his legacy or recommend any of his work. For me, his run on Batman with Neil Adams is legendary and still holds up really well (the original Ra's Al Ghul story, Man-Bat, etc.) and are worth seeking out in reprint collections. I'm not so into Green Lantern/Green Arrow, but there's no denying its importance.
Here's the early obit from Bleeding Cool, with a link to the writing column he did for them for awhile:

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've just read that Dennis O'Neil, arguably the most influential DC comics editor of all time and one of the most important writers of Batman and Green Arrow, has died.
I just thought I'd post this in case any fans wanted to celebrate his legacy or recommend any of his work. For me, his run on Batman with Neil Adams is legendary and still holds up really well (the original Ra's Al Ghul story, Man-Bat, etc.) and are worth seeking out in reprint collections. I'm not so into Green Lantern/Green Arrow, but there's no denying its importance.
Here's the early obit from Bleeding Cool, with a link to the writing column he did for them for awhile:

Glad he lived to a decent old age. His efforts are so appreciated.