Describe a scene in one sentence out of context

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
The other day, I mentioned to my friend a scene from Metal Gear Solid 4, but he's never played any of the series, so I didn't bother explaining the ridiculous amounts of back - story until I realized how weird that game is when taken out of context. I found my self saying "So the ninja is fighting the vampire after wrecking all the giant walking robots..." although my personal favorite is probably "So he's about to be run over by a battle cruiser..."

So why don't we do this, pick a scene from any video game / movie / book / whatever the hell you want, and describe it with absolutely no context given, then see if anyone can guess what it's from. I kind of already blew that with the MGS part so here's the only other one I can think of:

"So you're inside a giant worm, moving from car to car, cutting out it's 3 hearts while completely soaked in blood."

Gears of War 2, you get eaten by a giant worm that sinks cities and have to chainsaw your way out.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
So the vampire chick bites the zombie girls neck and rips all of the flesh off her head before punching the skull into the next zombies face where it rips the flesh off her head.

Dont think people would get this one but I've been proven wrong before

its from this insane Japanese film I watched called Vampire girl vs Frankenstein girl. the scene continues with the vampire girl making blood swords come out of the cuts on her wrists and stabbing the last girl upwards so that her skeleton comes out. THIS IS THE FIRST SCENE IN THE FILM!

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
And so, the protagonist rode a zombie T-Rex, accompanied by the one man polka band, to stop the necromancers from killing an entire city and becoming gods.

The Dresden Files series.
Yeah, Harry does this sort of thing.
Also you were warned about the spoiler.

ED-Tw0 ZeRo N9nE

Jan 12, 2012
Uh guys, don't you think that including the spoiler tags is kinda robbing the rest of us of our chances to guess what it is? Just sayin...

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
So you're just out in your yard one day with a couple of malts, and all these guys come up and start telling other people how much better yours are than everyone else's.

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
DoPo said:
And so, the protagonist rode a zombie T-Rex, accompanied by the one man polka band, to stop the necromancers from killing an entire city and becoming gods.

The Dresden Files series.
Yeah, Harry does this sort of thing.
Also you were warned about the spoiler.

BEST BOOK'S EVER!!!

Seriously though, bloody amazing series and I can't wait for the next one...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
so ... there you where, watching an opera when everyone when every bursts into flames

Parasite Eve, part of the opening

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
Bugs are crawling everywhere. All over the guy. All over his apartment. Hell, they're on his dog.

Opening of A Scanner Darkly.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
So, like, the guy saw the chick get knocked out, so he took her gun and shot himself in the head.

So, like, the robot started singing some old song while the guy got all sad that he killed the robot.

So, like, this monster was raping a couple other monsters, and the main character ran into a closet to watch.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
In a crowded Cuban nightclub a man kisses another man fiercely on the lips and tells him he broke his heart.

So obvious I won't bother spoiler tagging an answer.
If you don't know this one hand in your pop-culture card at the door on your way out.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
It's about the strongest martial artist ever who can change genders depending on water temperature. And he's being whored out by his father. To girls. One is an abusive *****, another is a bimbo and arguably the strongest out of the female characters under the age of three hundred, one makes pizza for a living, and has a martial art around it. And then there's the crazy one...

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
The piece of paper with all the strategical planning turns into the god of war who then fights a guy in a tornado created by a guy with a feather fan who wears a dress.

After holding hands they become electrified and blow up a cliffside and building.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
So the girl starts to run wildly into the woods when suddenly a branch trips her up, which causes her to end up being raped by a tree...

Any guesses?

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
octafish said:
In a crowded Cuban nightclub a man kisses another man fiercely on the lips and tells him he broke his heart.

If you don't know this one hand in your pop-culture card at the door on your way out.
Uh, is it...
Torchwood?
If not, my pop-culture card is hereby revoked.

So for mine:
This chick is giving birth and her boyfriend tears through her stomach with his teeth to get the infant.
Pretty obvious.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Ok, I got a couple:
So the guy is stuck getting asked by literally three different groups as to what to do to decide the fate of the galaxy just because he happens to "make the right the decision a couple of times", and of coarse his friend is having BRIAN SEX with a person who is either a robot or something but they never actually address this again.
The Foundation's Edge, by Isaac Asimov

So pretty much they give the main guy a minigun that shoots bullets that make people a'splode. He shoots the boat next to him and makes everyone a'splode, while this is happening his GF is having an arbitrary sex scene with a bad guy who she knocks out. Yay

Snowcrash, by Neal Stevenson

K, this one is easy:
So apparently the hubby computer guy is really EVIL and sort of shuts down the mainframe of the whole place, letting the dinosaurs wreck shit. And of coarse they use this as "proof" of chaos theory even though it was really just that guy doing sabotage.

Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
TheRussian said:
octafish said:

Uh, is it...
Torchwood?
If not, my pop-culture card is hereby revoked.

So for mine:
This chick is giving birth and her boyfriend tears through her stomach with his teeth to get the infant.
Pretty obvious.
Just drop it in the box marked "I was wrong"...