Describe your "dream" game

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
At the moment, it's Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect was awesome, Mass Effect 2 was brilliant (also my favourite game), and Bioware have said they'll be increasing the RPG-ness of ME3, which was my only realy problem with ME2, so yeah. That.

gristledemon

Jul 4, 2010
teqrevisited said:
Battlefield: W40k.

Every codex race playable, every weapon, and every reasonable sized vehicle available to use.

Add to that things like Orbital Bombardment etc, huge support powers, and I'd play that for days.
ok i was gonna say soemthing else but yeah that would basicly be the best game ever!
eheh screw reasonable sized lets get some titans on the field!

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
Furious Styles said:
The Elder Scrolls 5

I've been dreaming for far too long
That sounds about right to me. Rumor has it that it's going to be set in Skyrim. I think they should have dungeons that you can use to go under the mountains, with huge Moria-style caverns instead of more boring tunnel networks. Think chasms with waterfalls pouring into the abyss and horrors from the deep. Doubt it's gonna happen, but this is still labeled "dream" so dream I shall.
SpireOfFire said:
an FPS of being a knight in the crusades or medieval europe. or being a gangster in the prohibition era like in the godfather and mafia.

the latter has been done before, but only done correctly with mafia 1.

the former hasn't been done before, at least not to my knowledge.
Look up Mount&Blade. I'd say it's a much better fit than Oblivion. FPS style combat, no magic, six rival kingdoms in endless war. The graphics aren't top-notch but the fighting is addictive, plus they introduced multiplayer in the Warband standalone expansion. Best horse combat I've seen, too. Good archery, sieges, etc... Just look it up!

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
In all Honesty, Diablo 3 is my dream game. There may be a few changes I would make, like the graphics engine being used and a couple game mechanics. But ultimately..this game is a dream come true.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Dialogue written by the writers of Portal
Storyline and character development by the Dragon Age guys
Gameplay, graphics and soundtrack by the Demon's Souls guys (what can I say, I'm a masochist)

Not that I want the exact same styles as those games, just the quality they'd produce :)

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
Chal said:
Furious Styles said:
The Elder Scrolls 5

That sounds about right to me. Rumor has it that it's going to be set in Skyrim. I think they should have dungeons that you can use to go under the mountains, with huge Moria-style caverns instead of more boring tunnel networks. Think chasms with waterfalls pouring into the abyss and horrors from the deep. Doubt it's gonna happen, but this is still labeled "dream" so dream I shall.
SpireOfFire said:
an FPS of being a knight in the crusades or medieval europe. or being a gangster in the prohibition era like in the godfather and mafia.

the latter has been done before, but only done correctly with mafia 1.

the former hasn't been done before, at least not to my knowledge.
Look up Mount&Blade. I'd say it's a much better fit than Oblivion. FPS style combat, no magic, six rival kingdoms in endless war. The graphics aren't top-notch but the fighting is addictive, plus they introduced multiplayer in the Warband standalone expansion. Best horse combat I've seen, too. Good archery, sieges, etc... Just look it up!
i've heard of mount & blade, but i've never played it. which one should i get? the 1st one or the expansion?

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
^
The expansion. It's standalone, and misses nothing from the first.

Dr. Dice Lord

Feb 4, 2010
My perfect game would be a well designed, not laggy, MMO FPS or 3rd-person shooter. Obviously this is in the realm of fantasy, but I've always dreamed of Blizzard's old April fool's joke announcement of World of Starcraft actually being real. If I had it my way, as Zerg unless you were a higher-tech unit you would play as multiple units and evolve them or increase their numbers as you level up. Terran would get more and better weapons and vehicles and be capable of the player controlled orbital strikes that Blizzard proposed. And the Protoss would have all their fancy shenanigans as usual.

Just... sounds like too much fun to me.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
Furious Styles said:
The Elder Scrolls 5

who hasn't now what I want to see is a remakes on MGS1,2 and 3 there already my dream games

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
An open world game in first person with quirky graphics and a simple combat system, where you can explore the landscape and gather resources to build your own fortresses and castles without limitations or blueprints. It would have a day night cycle and every night the monsters would come out to breach your fortress walls and you would have to use traps to defend your fort and wipe out the enemy.

Oh wait.... the game exists, and its called Minecraft :D

Cerrax

Feb 15, 2009
If there was an MMOG that used Super Smash Bros gameplay and Fallout/Elder Scrolls-type complexity, I would probably give up my first born child. Maybe second born too.

ShakesZX

Nov 28, 2009
I think if the creators of the World of Darkness RP games applied their expertise into turning one of their worlds into a video game, that would be one of my favorite games ever. Especially if Mage: The Awakening was the chosen premise.

The Paradigm

Oct 12, 2009
A game with Fallout 3's quest, exploration, and scavenging system, but with Borderlands's billions-of-guns mechanic and graphic style.