Desert Bus for Hope Charity Videogame Marathon Starts Tonight

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
I'm going to have to make a run to the shops and stock up on supplies to watch the entire thing. So much for writing up papers, ice cream and bus driving it is! I'll donate some money for every tub of Ben and Jerrys I get through. Double if I throw up. Not as noble a gesture as what the LRR folk will get up to.

DEMPSAS

Oct 2, 2009
It is going to be epic ^^ good on the escapist for having a portal for it :) even more people can get involved in this worthy cause. Anybody care for having a guess how long they're gona bus for. I reckon they'll beat last years record, Also how many times will Bill crash the bus. Even if he isnt driving.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
EXTREME kudos to LRR for doing this every year. 1 hour to go... don't forget to donate to Operation Kill James.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
paulgruberman said:
They start driving in a little over 3 hours from the time shown on this post.
Dammit. That's 2am on a Saturday for us Brits. My best wishes but I'll have to catch you later, I'm working in the morning.
Aah the joys of being a teacher, I get to mark books with desert bus in the background, at 2 in the morning...
Ooooh Yeah! (Massive sarcasm, I hate marking books, damn kids...)

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
Well, I guess researching articles for 2 papers and making a PowerPoint presentation is going to have to compete with Desert Bus. What an exciting life I lead.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Already donated and probably will donate more later (finally got my student finance), its great to see such dedication and sacrifice for a great cause.

I salute them all!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Alright Everyone on twitter add #desertbus to their tweet, we need to get them No 1 on the trend page

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
FYI: Those who wish to keep this running past the 22nd, when the geek community will be watching the MTG Pro Tour Finals, donate enough money to keep them going for 24 strait hours.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
After the awesomeness of "I'm on a Bus", they're going to auction something. So if you're in the market for random things, now would be the time to tune in.

[edit] 4:43 in, the Nerf weaponry comes out.

Feb 13, 2008
*waves to all up* Guuhhhh.....I'm tired and I'm not even driving.

And Morgan,if you need Twitter to get back up, get Kathleen to do her Bob Geldof impression. ;)

alimination602

Apr 14, 2009
These people should try driving a REAL bus, then they'd realise how draining and challenging it actually is, and that you actually get tired by travelling and not just driving. Regardless whether this is for charity or not its really stupid.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
How many of the LLR crew are in on this? Do they take shifts? I see six people in the room as of this typing.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I wonder if they'll do a TV one, maybe a group of gamers who have to watch nothing but a constant stream of lunchtime soaps, that'll be a challenge...

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
alimination602 said:
These people should try driving a REAL bus, then they'd realise how draining and challenging it actually is, and that you actually get tired by travelling and not just driving. Regardless whether this is for charity or not its really stupid.
Was that constructive in any way? I think they realise that the game is stupid and tiring, that's why they're putting themselves through the torture of playing it themselves. Just because you've driven a bus before and didn't like it doesn't give you the right to rain on their parade.

Gongon

Sep 8, 2009
I'd recommend you look up "Desert Bus" on wikipedia or some other source you feel comfortable with. While I don't completely agree with Penn and Teller, they do have a point. The most interesting thing happening in the game is when a bug is squashed on the windshield after 5 hours and 33 minutes (iirc).

I watched the show last year, and it was a lot of fun. The game is not really the point, it just gives them something to focus things around and hilarity ensues every time they crash the bus. Did you know that Paul had a full beard about one year ago? Yeah, he shaved it off for quite a bit of a donation. Also, remember this:
Remember - Child's Play is a registered charity, so if you live in the United States, your donations are tax deductible. You can get a tax receipt by contacting Child's Play.
Myself, I will have "Desert Bus for hope" as one of my tabs for the next 6(?) days.