Desert Bus Reveals Its Best Auctions Ever

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Desert Bus Reveals Its Best Auctions Ever

The Desert Bus for Hope is auctioning off some insanely awesome, ultra-rare loot this year, including autographed videogames, uncut Magic: The Gathering cards and more.

This is pretty hot stuff, so pay attention. LoadingReadyRun [http://desertbus.org/] team has put its hands on some really rare collectibles that will absolutely blow your mind.

First up, from Wizards of the Coast, are three uncut sheets [http://desertbus.org/2011/11/15/we-heard-you-like-ultra-rare-magic-the-gathering-stuff/] of the latest Magic: The Gathering expansion, Innistrad, in foil - one "commons/land," one "uncommon" and one "mythic/rare," which I assume will make sense to those of you who play the game. Also on the block is a Magic: The Gathering Online account with four of every card currently in standard, complete sets of M12 and Innistrad in foil and, for the D&D fans out there, a Legend of Drizzt Rulebook signed by R.A. Salvatore and Peter Lee.

"These lots are for the serious MtG fan and collector," the Desert Bus blog warns, which is a nice way of saying they're going to sell for huge piles of money, so either bring your gold card or stay at home.

For those whose tastes run more toward videogames, comes some freakin' amazing donations [http://desertbus.org/2011/11/17/desert-bus-auctioning-off-signed-copies-of-bioshock-planescape-torment-daikatana-fallout-new-vegas-and-more/] from philanthropist Steven Dengler. Get a load of THIS:

Steve Lot One: a copy of Daikatana autographed by John Romero himself, a big box Planescape: Torment autographed by Chris Avellone and other members of the dev team, a jewelcase Anachronox signed by Tom Hall, and BioShock, Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, all signed by Ken Levine.

Steve Lot Two: autographed Daikatana, a big box Anachronox signed by Tom Hall, "small box" European release of Planescape: Torment signed by Avellone and co., BioShock, Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich all signed by Levine, plus - wowzers! - a copy of the Doom Collector's Edition also autographed by The Romero.

The Obsidian Lot: Planescape: Torment, Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Mask of the Betrayer and Alpha Protocol, all autographed by Chris Avellone and "a ton of the team."

The Irrational Lot: BioShock, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich and a big-box System Shock 2 - System Shock 2! - all autographed by Ken Levine.

I don't think there's anything left to say at this point except "holy crap." What did I tell you? Mind = BLOWN.

To participate in the Desert Bus live auctions, you'll have to sign up as a donor, which you can do So You Want To Be a Games Journalist [https://donor.desertbus.org/login]" Lot, which includes a couple of Zero Punctuation imps, Duke's Balls and the Bling Gnome.] Remember, the Desert Bus for Hope pulls out at 6 pm PST tomorrow - don't miss it!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I don't play MtG but I've got that "MUST HAVE IT" feeling.

Also, is it just me or is Desert Bus for hope a bit under-advertised this year? I remember that last year there were ads everywhere on the Escapist.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Autographed Daikatana

You can't polish a turd, but you sure can sign it.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I hate being broke so very much, if I had the cash I'd buy everything that's being auctioned here, at a high price even.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Daikatana is actually the only game in that bunch I really want. It's the only one I don't have, for one thing, and there's just something about the idea of Daikatana being mixed in with games like System Shock 2, Anachronox, BioShock and Planescape that I really dig.

I really wish they weren't doing these in lots. I'd be bidding pretty hardcore on DK otherwise.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Curse you, car! Why did you have to have some major fixing needed a week before the Bus rolls out? Grrr...well, I await watching the heated arguing.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I would kill every the lovely grandmother of every single one of you to get this Planescape Box

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Sigh... curse my lack of moneys. Everything I can spare is going towards extending the pain of the busers...

Next year, I shall win all the things!
/begins saving money

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Daikatana is actually the only game in that bunch I really want. It's the only one I don't have, for one thing, and there's just something about the idea of Daikatana being mixed in with games like System Shock 2, Anachronox, BioShock and Planescape that I really dig.

I really wish they weren't doing these in lots. I'd be bidding pretty hardcore on DK otherwise.
You know, if someone went into the live chat and offered to buy just that one off the winner, I'm sure everyone would think it was a joke.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"The Irrational Lot: BioShock, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich and a big-box System Shock 2 - System Shock 2! - all autographed by Ken Levine."

Man, do I wish I had money. Good cause, good people, amazing prizes. The wallet's pretty dry this season though D:

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
Okay, I'll put it out right here and now - if anyone reading this thread manages to score ones of these lots and wants to get rid of Daikatana, drop me a line. Totally serious.

Dracogen

Mar 25, 2009
Wow! I'm really flattered that my contribution is so appreciated. It's an honor to participate! I love DB and Child's Play.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
I am terrible with times, what time will it kick off for us English folks?

Cannot wait to start donating money for them to sing ridiculous songs. Must try and get Andy to sing "The Islander" this year.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
YES! YES! DESERT BUS!
wait...NO! NO! I'M PLAYING SKYRIM ON THE WEEKEND!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OT: Oh boy, I can't wait, last year I was on almost all the time just listening to them!