Design a Pair of Panties to Win a Penguin

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Design a Pair of Panties to Win a Penguin

Penguins will die if you don't help them design women's underwear. No joke.

A promotion for the upcoming Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104228-Penguins-Scour-the-World-for-Underwear-in-Prinny-Sequel] could help you immortalize your place in the world of underwear design. Nippon Ichi Software America is holding a Prinny 2 contest that asks fans to create their own women's undergarment designs.

Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! is a platformer that follows 1,000 penguins, i.e. prinnies, as they search the world for the Demon Lord Etna's panties. If they don't find the knickers, she promises to skin the penguins and wear them instead. It's a plot we've seen all too often before.

NISA's official contest rules can be found here [http://nisamerica.com/games/prinny2/contest/panties.html]. Entrants primarily design a single graphic that is placed on the front of the underwear. The best design will actually be produced, while three winners will get a copy of Prinny 2, and 50 randomly selected entrants will get a pair of the newly designed underwear.

It's far from a normal contest, but Prinny 2 is far from a normal game. Entries will only be accepted until November 12, so if you fancy yourself a budding undies designer you'd best get to work. Protip: Put a penguin on there.

Source: Prinny 2 Contest [http://nisamerica.com/games/prinny2/contest/panties.html]

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
well, i dont fancy myself a womens undergarment designer, but im definitely interested in the game now.

kinda like a dark version of deathspank.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
What? WHAT?!? WHAT?!?

I'm... speechless. All I can really say in response is WHAT?!?

Only a Japanese company can come up with a promotion like this...

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
"It's a plot we've seen all too often before." Ok, that made me laugh. XD
Hurray for creativity I suppose, but not sure what I'd do with any winning panties myself.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
I'm sorry, this kind of behavior is not to my liking and doesn't rub me the way it wants to. So I'm giving this a fail :|

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
supersupersuperguy said:
What? WHAT?!? WHAT?!?

Those are my exact thoughts.
All it needs to do now is oppress the Chinese.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Etna wears panties? Have you seen her costume? I suppose she might be able to wear a pair under some of the alternate costumes in say "Cross Edge" but I don't think it would work with her normal Disgaea outfit.

That said, it sounds like an interesting game. Truthfully though I've been kind of hoping Etna would get her own game at some point, perhaps teamed up with Flonne since they play off each other well with their unlikely friendship. The Flonne/Etna bits were among my favorites in "Trinity Universe".

At any rate, for those looking for inspiration of a sort Piers Anthony wrote a Xanth Novel called "The Color Of Her Panties" which includes probably the longest list of female lower undergarmet descriptions ever when the protaganist is trying them on....

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
It only gets weirder when you factor in Prinnies being human souls being punished in Hell by being turned into plush-penguin slaves of demons.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
....wait, what?

Well, I can at least give credit for originality.... I think....

.....what?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
supersupersuperguy said:
What? WHAT?!? WHAT?!?

Which is weird, because it's an American company, one that's a branch from a Japanese one, but American nonetheless.

This is a hilarious contest, I can't wait to see what some people come up with :D

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
What is this I don't even.

Holy shit, this game may have won the Most Original Concept of 2010 award. Even beating out No More Heroes 2.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
...Dood! I shall be labeled as a pervert (If that wasn't my label already), but I wanna enter this contest. XD!