Design a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Quest, Win a Contest

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Design a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Quest, Win a Contest

GSC Game World is giving creative S.T.A.L.K.E.R. [http://www.amazon.com/S-T-L-K-R-CALL-PRIPYAT/dp/B002QE22DQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1289580879&sr=8-3] fans an opportunity to see their best ideas put to use in the upcoming post-Chernobyl shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

Remember the time that guy in Yanov was talking smack and taking credit for all kinds of things he didn't actually do? Or how about when they discovered that huge lair of bloodsuckers that was killing stalkers night after night, and dumped the whole mess onto your lap? Or when that guy asked you to help him hunt down that mutant dog thing that turned out to have two heads, an armored hide and claws like railroad spikes?

Good times for sure, and now's your chance to prove that you can come up with even better ways to make people squeal like little girlies while they blindly spray bullets into the black Ukrainian night. GSC Game World [http://www.gsc-game.com/] is giving gamers a chance to get their names in the credits and their ideas in the game with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Quest Contest, a simple little competition with some very simple rules.

It goes like this. Come up with a cool idea for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 quest. Write it down, in either Russian or English, clearly and concisely, using no more than half of an A4 page. If you don't know what an A4 page is, Google it. Put your name and the title of your quest at the top of the page. Save it as a .doc, .rtf or .txt file, then mail it to [email protected] with the subject line "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-2 quest contest entry." Then wait a couple of years for the game to come out.

Actually, you won't have to wait quite that long: The contest runs until March 1, 2011 and winners will presumably be notified fairly shortly thereafter. Winners will get their names in the credits and "may" have their quests included in the game, although GSC naturally reserves the right to mix and mash things up as they see fit. Got some good ideas for bad things to do to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. players? Check out the full contest details at the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=111521215540469&topic=216].

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I hope they can bring back the immersion of the SoC. Clear sky didn't cut it and CoP was more polished but way less atmospheric.

Basically they just need to re-release SoC with all of the good work the modders were doing also have one continuous world with no loading screens between areas. Oblivion Lost, LURK, and Complete all are great ideas that deserve to be added to the full game.

Anomaly fields marked on your map SUCK. And the detector makes bolts pointless which takes a ton of fun out of the game. Also artifacts only spawning when you get close to them is totally lame.

Also COP had WAY too much ammo and medical supplies.

And FOR CTHULU'S SAKE do NOT make it into a cover shooter.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Hope someone makes something really cool. Though with just an half of an A4 is a little bit short for a decent quest. But i may be wrong.
But who the hell does not know what an A4 is??
Or is the word not common in some countries?
i dunno, but it seems weird for me.
Anyways, fingers crossed that someone will make some epic story.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I've got a idea. Lets just say it involves putting on a dress and bending over...

heheh

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
A writer, a scientist and a Stalker enter The Zone and have super long mass effect branching conversations concerning the nature of existence. The game spends long amounts of time focused on trees and stuff before climaxing in an abandoned building with artistically laid out piles of sand.