Designer X + Designer Y = Best Game Ever?

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Rationalization said:
Zynga + anything ran by Activision
We want the best game ever, not the opposite. Zynga just plain isn't good at making games. They are excellent at getting people addicted, however.

OT: BioWare and Bethesda. Not very original, I know...

Naeberius

Aug 13, 2008
Bethesda + Volition, Cyrodil Row. Imagine the huge enviroments of Oblivion with the zany antics of Johnny Gat.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
eljawa said:
Nitendo and Apple. Yeah, apple isnt a game company, but they have such an emphasis on good hardware that they would be able to bring nintendo back to the big leagues with their games
Bleh. No thanks. In my experience, Nintendo products are better engineered than apple ones.

Apple is great if you want style... But they always seem to sacrifice something practical in the design.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Quantum Star said:
Hideo Kojima and Suda 51. Come on, you know it would be the greatest thing ever.
You sir are a madman. And Correct.

Monolith + Epic Games At least they might be able to teach them how to make good games again.

Bethesda + Id An RPGFPS in the rage engine with Bethesda's huge worlds? Yes please :D

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
Obsidian writes the story, Bioware does the dialog, Square Enix does the CG, Valve heads the play-testing.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
THEJORRRG said:
Notch + Sid Meier present: Minevilization.
Civilization already does the random world generation minecract does, it's just not in an explorable 3d world. So if you're going to go that route you may as well combine Civilization with The Elder Scrolls.

Still close to my own pick though, which would be Civilization: Total War!

...I would never leave the house.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
x-machina said:
Interplay (original makers of fallout) + funding
This multiplied by gazillions of millions.
For my choice, I would go with Bethesda and Bioware.
And if I would be given another one then I would choose Valve and People can fly.

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
I resent people putting popcap in with zynga, just because they both make casual games, but popcap actually makes solid games that are stand-alone (plants vs zombies anyone?) not some facebook application.

I myself would choose insomniac and valve just because I would love to see what kind of weapons they could come up with mixing ratchet and clank and TF2.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
The Madman said:
Nah, Bethesda? Wouldn't work. Now Bioware plus Obsidian, that's a match made in heaven. I mean last time those studios loosely cooperated we were left with Baldur's Gate, possibly the greatest pc rpg franchise ever.
Baldur's Gate was built by Bioware on the Infinity Engine which was also created by Bioware. Icewind Dale was created by Black Isle (the remnants of which would become Obsidian) using Bioware's Infinity Engine. Neverwinter Nights 2 was made by Obsidian using Bioware's Aurora engine.

Baldur's Gate has nothing to do with Black Isle I suppose is what I'm getting at here.