Destiny Trailer Lays Down the Law of the Jungle

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
So.... Team work?
That's something I didn't expect from Bungie
Uh...Why not? Co-op has been in Halo for quite some time now, and Halo was always more fun with your friends then alone.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the surprisingly large amount of Gus Fring in this trailer. I still don't know enough about this game to get really excited, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
That guy should be doing audiobooks, he's got a great voice.

Why aren't they releasing it on PC? Most of the MMO playerbase seems to be on PC.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyy hope we'll be seeing some gameplay footage at E3.

I wan't to be legitimately excited, rather than trying my hardest not to get excited and failing.

(Although, after the Aliens: Colonial Marines fiasco, can we really trust gameplay demos any more than CGI trailers to be properly representative at this point?)

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
spartandude said:
problem is if any one new anything they would know alot of people who made halo left bungie and went to 343, so bungie is a rather different studio know and also people wouldnt have got their knickers in a twist (im feeling very british today) about 343 making halo
A tiny number of ex-Bungie employees joined 343 Industries, not "alot." Frankie is the only one of any significance who did so and nobody cares about nor misses him anyway.

Way more important and influential members of Bungie have left the company over the years and it has never stopped them making good games. Alex Seropian and Max Hoberman to name but two.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So the Guardians operate in group of three?

Either way if they release it for the pc at some point in the future, it look like I will have to upgrade my pc to run it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
My first impression was Morgan Freeman narrating a story about a New Californian Republic Ranger fighting the Marines from StarCraft. Not forgetting they borrowed some of the speeder bikes from Star Wars.

The game overall looks to be pretty fun, but that trailer did nothing for me.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Still hyped for this game regardless of Activision being in the mix and it looks like PC only people may have to get their feet wet and actually go out and buy a console and enjoy it like everyone else.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Nuttydwarf said:
okay, that's it. I'm sold, now take my f**king money
At least wait for some gameplay footaage.

This trailer has almost exactly nothing in it. Some average CGI, and a bloke reading a book. Doesn't seem like anything to get interested about yet.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
This trailer doesn't really answer any questions, especially the ones about how many players will be able to play together at once(at least three doesn't really help). However, I am intrigued about the speeder bike battles. I hope they work like Chopper battles in Halo 3.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I'm not impressed, some random characters standing out in the open and shooting at oversized bad guys? Ya thats some deep gameplay there.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
It looks okay, the designs of everything seems to lack focus being mainly low rent star wars looking stuff, and the trailer reeks of the "fur coats and nae nickers" that is in all of bungies trailers, a lot of arty talk and nice music descising a game with a low quality of writing and story which is not only poor but rips off every popular science fiction book ever written whilst missing the important points of the book. but it is only one trailer and it doesnt seem from all the talk that story is the main focur and i like co-op game, so i'll keep checking in.

Apr 28, 2008
Yeah that looks nice and everything. But until I see some actual gameplay I'm not too hyped.

Negatempest said:
erttheking said:
Baresark said:
So... we have seen a video with some crappy CGI and some concept art..... and people are excited about this? This is quickly becoming the most hyped up game ever. My god, people! User your sense!
It's simple really. Bungie is making a first person shooter. Bungie has made a name for itself making a very popular first person shooter. Therefore, it's safe to say that people who like said first person shooter will like this one.

Besides, the style is just gorgeous and the concept is pretty interesting. There aren't that many universes where Humanity has space travel but is still stuck inside the Solar System. Apart from Cowboy Bebop that is.
Compatriot Block said:
Baresark said:
So... we have seen a video with some crappy CGI and some concept art..... and people are excited about this? This is quickly becoming the most hyped up game ever. My god, people! User your sense!
The most hyped up game ever is pretty exaggerated.

Nobody's calling it a 10/10 yet, can't people be excited about a new game from a developer that they may think has a good track record?
Oh hey Bioware, you gave us some fantastic games like Dragon's Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1. There is no way you can fail now since you have gone to EA. :p

Now just replace Bioware with Bungie and EA with Activision.

Edit: My personal favorite. Replace Insomniac with Bioware and EA with EA. :p
Keep in mind Bungie survived Microsoft, where others weren't so lucky (Rare, Ensemble). If anyone can survive Activision, it's them.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm one of those looking forward excitedly to this game, and chances are I'll get it on the Xbox 360, because chances are I won't be upgrading the Xbox One for a few months. Or years. Or at all. Seriously, it's looking more and more like leaving Microsoft was the best move Bungie has ever made. And I say that as a self confessed Halo fanboy...

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
So another Bungie game where you play a human supersoldier and mow down hordes of aliens? I can't really say it's piqued my interest, it looks generic as heck in my opinion.