Detroit Mayor Refuses to Build RoboCop Statue

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
-Zen- said:
I have to lend some respect to this mayor. He resisted the awesomeness of this idea, saving taxpayer money in the process. Once our economy has recovered, then we can erect a statue.
I can't argue against your sound reason but that doesn't mean I'm any less disappointed. :)

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
-Zen- said:
I have to lend some respect to this mayor. He resisted the awesomeness of this idea, saving taxpayer money in the process. Once our economy has recovered, then we can erect a statue.
Agreed, but the statue MUST be made. Nothing would make me want to visit Detroit more than to go see a 15 foot tall statue of Officer Alex Murphy, from the future of 1987.

SeksEin

Jul 16, 2009
Really Detroit? Even my hometown understands the importance of cultural icons. That's why we have this.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Bassman_2 said:
RoboCop's gonna have to die in hell if he wants to get back to Detroit.
What do you have against Robocop? He's the coolest robot ever. He beat the Terminator for goodness sakes!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Pfft. Forget Robo-derp.

Spawn is where its at! Hes Michigans real hero!
Hes everything michigan is! Homeless, angry, lusting over his wife who thinks hes dead.

And above all, ugly! Just like the roads! Anyone whos been to michigan knows what im talking about. Roll through detriot and i swear, you will see potholes you can fit a station wagon in.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
I think a RoboCop statue would help the safety of Detroit infinitely more than no statue ...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Bassman_2 said:
What do you have against Robocop? He's the coolest robot ever. He beat the Terminator for goodness sakes!
WHEN WAS THIS?!

I must have details.
Robocop Verus the Terminator.
4-Issue Comic Book released in 1992.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_Versus_The_Terminator_%28comics%29

Written by Frank Miller.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Bassman_2 said:
WHEN WAS THIS?!

I must have details.
Robocop Vs Terminator Mega-Drive game.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Well yeah, obviously there's no plans, that's what a suggestion is for, you fucking moron mayor.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I just have to say it....

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Come on, it would have been awesome. Though I suppose the budget would be better spent on a real Robocop than the statue of one.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Tim Latshaw said:
Elementlmage said:
Bing has been trying to make the city safer through various programs such as one that aims to bring police officers back into the city from their homes in the suburbs. Apparently, he doesn't think that a statue from an 80s movie will contribute anything to this goal.
So erecting a Robocop statue that will cause thousands of police officer to make a yearly pilgrimage to Chicago to pay reverence to said statue of Robocop, wont bring more cops to the city? This guy must be insane to not see that logic!
I could be missing it, but I haven't seen a huge, committed fandom within the law enforcement community over RoboCop.
I was being facetious...

The Robotman

Nov 18, 2010
Soon my friends...Soon the world will know the wrath of a man half destroyed, then cybernetically put back together..