Deus Ex Composer Teams up With Metroid Prime Dev For Mystery Project

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Deus Ex Composer Teams up With Metroid Prime Dev For Mystery Project

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/62/62833.jpg
Alexander Brandon, the composer behind Deus Ex has announced his partnership with Metroid Prime developer Retro Studios.

Alexander Brandon may not be a name you have heard, but if you're a fan of cyberpunk, high fantasy video games you've probably heard his work. He is the composer for the Deus Ex series, as well as other titles such as Thief and Torment: Tides of Numeria, and he has just announced that he is partnering up with developer Retro Studios for a mystery project. In case you're wondering, Retro is behind the Metroid Prime series, as well as the more recent Donkey Kong Country revival.

"I'm currently working with Retro Studios here in Austin," posted Brandon on Facebook. As much as I'd like to say more (except the work is incredibly exciting and the team is awesome), I can't."

Other than that, let the speculation commence! Brandon seems to work on a lot more serious titles, so the possibility of him working on a new Donkey Kong game seems slim. Metroid certainly seems to fit his M.O. though, and since we haven't seem a new game in the series since the Wii's Other M, it's certainly about time.

Fingers crossed!

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/07/deus-ex-composer-teaming-metroid-prime-dev-retro-studios-secret-project/]

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Ooh, now this is intriguing. I already love Alexander Brandon's stuff as well as the Prime games, so this should be very interesting.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
since we haven't seem a new game in the series since the Wii's Other M Prime 3: Corruption, it's certainly about time.
I fixed that for you.
But yeah, it's been a decade since the Prime trilogy wrapped up. We could use a new one.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Metroid is certainly a possibility. If so, he'd most likely be working with/under Kenji Yamamoto, who's worked on pretty much every title since Super Metroid.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Oof, as long as his skills mix with the composer of the Prime soundtracks (aka some of the finest soundtracks in videogame history) and if that means a new Metroid Prime game... Yeah if that's the case my likelihood of buying a Switch goes up 200%.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I predict a future announcement of 'Vetroid Lime' where you play as the mysterious, stoic biomechanical warrior born of the citrus system, raised by an ancient race of Gluconians, branding the warrior from birth as 'Satsumas' ...who throughout life has to deal with a persistent creepy blueberry dragon stalker that pops up every now then when he thinks she might be taking a shower, only to get beaten back down into fruit-smoothie of shame and sent off to rehabilitate in the vitamin cells until the next escape plan bears fruition.

*Now with 0% Team Ninja!*

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
... To be totally honest, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but the worst part about the prime series for me was the music. I fucking hate this space style. I hope we get something more orchestral like Super Metroid. I hope we get something more like Super Metroid. I hope we get something like Super Metroid. I hope we get something Super Metroid. I hope we get Super Metroid. Hope we get Super Metroid. We get Super Metroid. Get Super Metroid. Super Metroid. Super. Yes, not just Metroid after Other M.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Provided this actually is a Metroid title...