Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Leaked, Coming to Xbox One, PC, and PS4

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
So, am I really the first to call bullshot on these pictures?

Aside from that, could be good. I liked Deus Ex: HR, although the forced bossfights were all horrible and there was too much cutscene-induced stupidity. They could have a good game on their hands here.

Sep 14, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Gordon_4 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
As long as they fix the cover mechanics and gunplay controls, I'm sold.
What was wrong with them? I felt they were smooth and mechanically well oiled.

OT: It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! So very excited for this game and Rise of the Tomb Raider this year.
Eh, for console it had all the gunplay controls I hated. I felt as well that it was more efficient to just sit behind the wall rather than gluing yourself to it. Oh, another thing to add. Screw the cutscene takedowns. I hate those.
did you play it on any of the harder modes? if you didn't stick to the walls, you could get hit/noticed, so it was entirely more beneficial to use the walls to your advantage.

I'm with gordon on this one, the controls were very "smooth and mechanically well oiled", and I don't see the problem with the takedowns..the games controls focus more on stealth and guns, so melee needed to take a backseat if it was going to be productive at all.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Fireprufe15 said:
Bindal said:
Scrythe said:
loa said:
None of human revolutions endings are canon?
Then why even make a sequel?
Outside of pulling the "it was all a dream" card, I don't see why they would make a "direct sequel" in a parallel universe that disregards the plot of the predecessor. Might as well start anew.
To be fair, all four of those endings were just a slightly-different ambiguous speech, so they could get away with pulling an Invisible War by saying all of the endings are canon, except for what exactly happened at Panchaea.
Except the (originally hinted actual canon) "Kill everyone!"-ending which you get by turning left, following a hallway for 6 meters or so and press THAT button. And if you get throught the credits (and only with that ending chosen), you get a bonus-scene which ties into the original game.
And I don't see "the entire building gets blown to smithereens and nobody survives, including you" is anywhere compatible with ANYTHING...
I've been following the ARG and the last video we decrypted is a distinctly Adam-like figure floating in water. I'm thinking Panchea blew up but Adam didn't die or something.
Really? Adam can float? I don't know, his body seems too dense to float.

... Maybe he had a secret rubber ducky flotation device.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
Gordon_4 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
As long as they fix the cover mechanics and gunplay controls, I'm sold.
What was wrong with them? I felt they were smooth and mechanically well oiled.

OT: It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! So very excited for this game and Rise of the Tomb Raider this year.
Eh, for console it had all the gunplay controls I hated. I felt as well that it was more efficient to just sit behind the wall rather than gluing yourself to it. Oh, another thing to add. Screw the cutscene takedowns. I hate those.
Ah, well I played it on PC so my experience with the controls was a little different. As for the cut-scene takedowns, it would be nice to have something more akin to say Splinter Cell that would allow a more dynamic use of the third person perspective and environment, but honestly, it doesn't bother me too much if I don't have it.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
And if you get throught the credits (and only with that ending chosen), you get a bonus-scene which ties into the original game.

Actually, you get the stinger in every endings, at least in the director's cut.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
AntiChri5 said:
So a refusal to respect player choice followed immediately by an insistence that choice will matter......this time.

Colour me unimpressed.
To be fair, that player choice was press button 1,2,3, or 4 and watch a slideshow of stock photos with slightly different VO.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I liked DX:HR so I?m alright with Eidos continuing with the series.
That the direct sequel will not build upon one of the endings is however kind of pathetic. If you can?t make a direct sequel with the endings then don?t make a direct sequel and just make the next game in the universe.
Aside from that it is a little bit disappointing that on top of the first mentioned issue the reliance on Adam Jansen out rules the possibility of a gender choice of the PC. I quite liked some of the rule 63 fan illustrations.
As questionable as the quality of Invisible War was the gender choice was kind of neat especially since it influenced some problem solutions I would like to see more of that.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
[reads article]
Yes, so much yes.

superline51 said:
AntiChri5 said:
So a refusal to respect player choice followed immediately by an insistence that choice will matter......this time.

Colour me unimpressed.
To be fair, that player choice was press button 1,2,3, or 4 and watch a slideshow of stock photos with slightly different VO.
It would be funny if game begins with rescue team arriving in Panchea and finding Adam sitting in front of console and monologing non-stop all this time.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Well it makes sense that ending option 4 wouldn't be canon, as Adam is the protagonist of this game.

It's sad, really. Declaring that option 4 WAS the canon ending would have paved way for a whole new main character and a new story. Oh well. DE:HR was one of the greatest games I've played in recent years, and I'll gladly take some more.

This is another bullet on the (admittedly short) list of reasons to get a PS4.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Good news, the trailer is up now on the official website. I never embedded a video here before, so I shant try (the virgin shames). But it may answer a few of your questions.

...needless to say, it looks dayyum fiiiine. Although is it just me that thinks Jensen sounds remarkably similar to Keanu Reeves there? He also looks like he could be easily played by Ethan Hawke too, if such a,thing were to occur.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
SO MUCH HYPE. Seriously, if Adam can do half the shit he does in the trailer ingame... GOTY.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Stupidly excited for this.

I really hope we get to visit Hengsha again. That place is my favorite place in the whole game since it felt alive and every little nook and cranny was a joy to explore. The aesthetics of the city was awesome too.
I definitely agree with this. Also hoping for some new locations; New York would be cool. I want to Icarus-Jump off the Empire State Building.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Sweet! I HAVE been asking for this! I know, I'm not the first to say that) The ditching of HR's endings is weird, though, and then they say player agency is more involved? WOOT, WOOT, DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Fireprufe15 said:
Bindal said:
Scrythe said:
loa said:
Outside of pulling the "it was all a dream" card, I don't see why they would make a "direct sequel" in a parallel universe that disregards the plot of the predecessor. Might as well start anew.
To be fair, all four of those endings were just a slightly-different ambiguous speech, so they could get away with pulling an Invisible War by saying all of the endings are canon, except for what exactly happened at Panchaea.
Except the (originally hinted actual canon) "Kill everyone!"-ending which you get by turning left, following a hallway for 6 meters or so and press THAT button. And if you get throught the credits (and only with that ending chosen), you get a bonus-scene which ties into the original game.
And I don't see "the entire building gets blown to smithereens and nobody survives, including you" is anywhere compatible with ANYTHING...
I've been following the ARG and the last video we decrypted is a distinctly Adam-like figure floating in water. I'm thinking Panchea blew up but Adam didn't die or something.
What ARG? There's an ARG for this?

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Hey guys, I know your choice didn't mean shit last time, but we really really super duper doubly promise it'll count this time!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I wonder if that whole "bad big-game ending" business will come full circle here.
Human Revolution copped out on all of its endings with its Endingtron 2000 approach (easily the worst part of the game; far moreso than the chintzy boss fights), and would later be echoed (LOUDLY) by the Endingtron 3000 in Mass Effect 3.

And Humanity Divided is in the worst position, continuity-wise, being stuck between DX1 and HR.
It can't contradict DX1, so the "bigger picture" ramifications of player choice will have to be limited by necessity.

For all my bellyaching, I still uphold Human Revolution as a good GAME, game setting and pretty good at world/character building. It's one of the best AAA games made in the past 7 years (IMO), and it demonstrates handily that level design doesn't need to be purely freeform (and so amorphous as to be meaningless) or hyper-linear to be good.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fireprufe15

Nov 10, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
Sweet! I HAVE been asking for this! I know, I'm not the first to say that) The ditching of HR's endings is weird, though, and then they say player agency is more involved? WOOT, WOOT, DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Fireprufe15 said:
Bindal said:
Scrythe said:
loa said:
What ARG? There's an ARG for this?
There was, it was just a 3 day thing leading up to the trailer.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
008Zulu said:
immortalfrieza said:
I wonder, by all the endings of Human Revolution being noncanonical, do they mean that they'll just be nonspecific about them, ignore them entirely, or will the player just not really run into anything that the actions taken in the endings will be relevant?
I have played the game quite a bit, and I cannot remember a single one of the endings message. I do remember a Hodge-podge collection of stock footage glued together, but not the underlying message. Maybe Eidos didn't know what they were saying either, so they decided to ignore it.
1. Blame non-bionic people
2. Blame bionic people
3. Leak footage and let people decide themselves
4. Blow up the whole thing and cover it up

I remember them, but they where all very unsatisfactory considering no matter what you had done up to that point, good or bad, it all came down to which button to push.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
By the way, is it still called "leaked" when its Sony who released the trailer?

Jan 27, 2011
...As long as they build off the core of Human Revolution, I'm SO in. There's a reason that game is my favourite game of all time.

I'm not that pissed if they negate most of the choices made at the end of HR. The series has done that already. Personally, I hope they just go "Yeah, ending 4 is Canon. Jensen survived, though, and it took about two years to wake him back up". .....Oh, and I REALLY hope that Meagan gets it this time.
Get kidnapped and get convinced that the bad guys are good guys? Alright, fine. It happens. But then at the end, after Darrow SNAPS and triggers a world-wide panic, she goes BACK to work with BOB FREAKIN' PAGE?! No. HELL NO. That's not going to fly. Unless she's responsible for making the Dentons, and then hacks in some backdoor solution to ensure JC and PAul turn out against Majestic 12, there is no way I'm going to forgive her for going back to the illuminati.

Now I'm going to need a new PC. >_> I don't know if this 4-5 year old laptop's gonna be able to run it. My guess is no. And no, I'm not buying a goddamn PS4 just for this game and KH3. Not unless there's a massive price drop and a ton more games I want. The WiiU is cheaper and has way more games that I want on it, and I only JUST am convinced to buy one when I can afford it.

Atmos Duality said:
And Humanity Divided is in the worst position, continuity-wise, being stuck between DX1 and HR.
It can't contradict DX1, so the "bigger picture" ramifications of player choice will have to be limited by necessity.
Honestly, I hope that after reaching the end, no matter what choices you've made, Bob Page screws you over, stealing your decisions you've been making all game from you in a totally maniacal way, and you're forced to do one final mission that ends with the statue of liberty attack, just so that the series comes full circle. :p

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
aegix drakan said:
Honestly, I hope that after reaching the end, no matter what choices you've made, Bob Page screws you over, stealing your decisions you've been making all game from you in a totally maniacal way, and you're forced to do one final mission that ends with the statue of liberty attack, just so that the series comes full circle. :p
I might actually applaud them for trolling the players with that.
Though at the time Jensen is kicking around doing his thing, the Dentons are just fetuses in tubes, so, that might require a bit of a delay.

At which point, Jensen might as well be "Augmented Old Snake".