BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So it begins....

Vergil will be paid DLC for the PS4, XONE, & PC. A physical version will come out later for PS5 and Series X.

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Kind of surprised Lady and Trish aren't back. Were they bad to play as?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Kind of surprised Lady and Trish aren't back. Were they bad to play as?
No. Both were fun and unique, though playing as Lady in DMC4:SE did break the game as she never had to get close to enemies aside from certain bosses. It is a huge waste of their new character models not getting much use.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The music in that trailer gave me some serious Meta Gear Rising vibes and I need the full version of that song yesterday.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The music in that trailer gave me some serious Meta Gear Rising vibes and I need the full version of that song yesterday.
That and if you listen to the rythym as best as you can, the song style is a throwback to the style of the songs featured in DMC4. Mainly Nero's battle theme "The Time Has Come," and the end credits theme, "We Shall Never Surrender". More so the latter.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is the offical cover art.

Fixed. New link.​

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Either that's a broken image or the art is just too awesome for my brain to comprehend.
Gotta advertise Vergi! I prefer the Deluxe Edition or Standard cover from the vanilla release.

The Special Edition of 4 definitely has a better cover than Special Edition of 5.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Holy crap, that's a lot longer than I was expecting it to be. (Edit) Some are saying that it's the "dynamic" version of the song, where the game will swap between sections as the pace of the action changes, like the Killer Instinct reboot did.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Holy crap, that's a lot longer than I was expecting it to be. (Edit) Some are saying that it's the "dynamic" version of the song, where the game will swap between sections as the pace of the action changes, like the Killer Instinct reboot did.
Yep, everyone's themes does that. Metal Gear Rising started the trends of having dynamic music in action games of this caliber. Though DmC (2013) happened to come up with the same idea. Transformers Devastation has it, Nier: Automata, and DK: Jungle Beat came before all of the games I mentioned.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Woolie & Pat are not happy about this. Especially Pat. Can't say I blame either one of them.. Woolie is more so disappointed, but Pat is furious.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I just can't get into this game. Tried it a few times but it's just not for me I guess.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just can't get into this game. Tried it a few times but it's just not for me I guess.
Were you able to enjoy the other ones? Mainly three and four. It's all a matter of getting used to it. But it's not your thing, I understand.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Were you able to enjoy the other ones? Mainly three and four. It's all a matter of getting used to it. But it's not your thing, I understand.
I think I only ever really enjoyed the first one. It felt more basic and slower paced. I guess I just don't really enjoy the kind of combo heavy, spectacle action games. Though I definitely recognize the games quality.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think I only ever really enjoyed the first one. It felt more basic and slower paced. I guess I just don't really enjoy the kind of combo heavy, spectacle action games. Though I definitely recognize the games quality.
The original was done by hideki kamiya, it was slow deliberately, because it was originally supposed to be Resident Evil 4. So the original and the second one are really different compared to later entries. Not to mention that the second game is still the oddball in the family. Hell, elements of Resident Evil can be still felt series. Even with DMC 5. Since it does not work for you, no problem at all. Closest you're ever going to get to the DMC one feeling, is either Viewtiful Joe 1 on PS2 (Dante is an unlockable character after beating it the first time) or Bayonetta one and two. though you did say you don't like combo heavy games, so Bayonetta may not help in your case.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

They show the new features, but they definitely should have showed more Vergil. You can stop with the teasing now.