Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Call me crazy but i dont see how adding another playable character adds that much hype. Capcom is really driving this edition forward and i wonder if they will charge $70 for an extra character on Ps5

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Call me crazy but i dont see how adding another playable character adds that much hype. Capcom is really driving this edition forward and i wonder if they will charge $70 for an extra character on Ps5
Because it's Vergil. DMC4 Special & DmC: DE were both $40.00 when released, hopefully Capcom will be smart and charge no more than $45. They technically already sold DMC5 for $70 if you bought the Deluxe version (which I did, but most was made from trade in credit). I'd pissed if they tried to pull the $70 again. They are already screwing over PC players.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Because it's Vergil. DMC4 Special & DmC: DE were both $40.00 when released, hopefully Capcom will be smart and charge no more than $45. They technically already sold DMC5 for $70 if you bought the Deluxe version (which I did, but most was made from trade in credit). I'd pissed if they tried to pull the $70 again. They are already screwing over PC players.
While DMC 5 was a fun game, I'm not convinced that a new character is worth anything more than 15 bucks of DLC. It doesn't warrant a full purchase unless you never played it originally.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The Virgil DLC should have come out within 3 months of release. Basically everything for him was finished and on the disk when the game came out barring a few unfinished animations. Modders have been playing with Virgil basically since the game came out.

Honestly, I've had my fill of the game and don't have any interest in coming back to it at this point in time. I would have been hyped if this had come out when I was still actively playing the game but at this point I really can't be bothered.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
While DMC 5 was a fun game, I'm not convinced that a new character is worth anything more than 15 bucks of DLC. It doesn't warrant a full purchase unless you never played it originally.
Agreed. All I know is if you have the vanilla version, Vergil will be $5 DLC.

Honestly, I've had my fill of the game and don't have any interest in coming back to it at this point in time. I would have been hyped if this had come out when I was still actively playing the game but at this point I really can't be bothered.
No problem. I am still playing this game and having fun, so do your thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A music producer does a pretty thorough examination of Vergil's theme:

(I'm delving into Neurotech right now thanks to this video; this is some pretty interesting music.)
I saw it on friday. I forgot to post it on the thread. Thank you though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Extra bonuses and stuff.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Something interesting I found.

Some extra news.

I am surprised the X Series X S is not getting the ray tracing. So much for next-gen. It's not a deal breaker, but it is odd.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There is more clear news on the ray tracing for the Series X version.

While ray tracing will be available as a downloadable title update on Xbox Series X, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will not support ray tracing on Xbox Series S.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The game was fun enough, I guess, but it really was not for me.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this game.

Weird that none of the new features (aside from the new character) will be coming to PC, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The game was fun enough, I guess, but it really was not for me.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this game.

Weird that none of the new features (aside from the new character) will be coming to PC, though.
The problem with that guy, and many other popular streamers is that they jumped in not knowing a damn thing and never played or barely touched any of the previous game. Then have the gall to act pissy and complaining for something they should have prepared for. They literally jumped on the bandwagon for views, but did not want to put in the effort. There were a few that bothered to play the games before 5 came out, so I will give certain ones credit for at least trying.

I have not viewed the launch trailer at all.​

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The problem with that guy, and many other popular streamers is that they jumped in not knowing a damn thing and never played or barely touched any of the previous game. Then have the gall to act pissy and complaining for something they should have prepared for. They literally jumped on the bandwagon for views, but did not want to put in the effort. There were a few that bothered to play the games before 5 came out, so I will give certain ones credit for at least trying.
As someone who has also never played another DMC game, I was in the same boat.

The game seemed so determined to cram the itself full of in-jokes and references, that it seemingly forgot to clue in any new players into what was actually going on. And that is fine, I guess? If I come into a franchise, 5 or so games in, expecting the last 4 games to be explained to me, I guess that is my fault - I just found it odd, because I have never played the sequel to a game that I have never touched, and felt so left in the dark.

My takeaway from the game was that the combat was reasonably fun (not too into brawlers), with a goofy tone, and an incoherent story.

But I guess that the game just isnt for me.