Deviled Easter Egg in Black Ops Multiplayer Map Revealed

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
You can't start the singleplayer?

How come?

OT: I love this game. It's so awesome, it still manages to get gradually better and I've already completed it.
Fuck if I know. You know the first cutscene right? Where the guy's getting tortured and they talk about killing Castro. Well when that's done it just stays on a black screen, won't respond any more. Same goes for zombie mode, after that little talk and that comic thingy it just gets stuck on a black screen.

And multiplayer is incredibly unreliable, for some reason I can click Join all I want but in 99% of the servers it just doesn't respond, no message that it's full or that I can't connect, nothing.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
nice easter egg! look forward to doing this in the future :p

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

How come?

OT: I love this game. It's so awesome, it still manages to get gradually better and I've already completed it.
Fuck if I know. You know the first cutscene right? Where the guy's getting tortured and they talk about killing Castro. Well when that's done it just stays on a black screen, won't respond any more. Same goes for zombie mode, after that little talk and that comic thingy it just gets stuck on a black screen.

And multiplayer is incredibly unreliable, for some reason I can click Join all I want but in 99% of the servers it just doesn't respond, no message that it's full or that I can't connect, nothing.
Heh. Weird.

You got the PC version, apparently? Maybe a Steam redownload will help?

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Greg Tito said:
The team at Treyarch may not have figured out how to craft a single-player experience, but they are the masters of the easter egg.
I'm amazed at just how much I disagree with this statement. I just beat the single player campaign last night and I thought it was very enjoyable and at least a tiny bit more believable then MW2's campaign.

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
Moriarty70 said:
I accept the fact that it has been discovered, but what does it mean?
It's a commentary on human nature. The reward for a feat of orgiastic death is a song that is itself social commentary.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Cowabungaa said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

How come?

Heh. Weird.

Yeah I got the PC version. After playing 2 CoD's on the PS3 I wanted something different, the rare watch that was playable pointed out that it was a good choice. But these issues...argh.

And yes, I tried that. I tried a ton of things but nothing works, so I'm stuck with an unplayable game.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Cowabungaa said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

How come?

Heh. Weird.

Yeah I got the PC version. After playing 2 CoD's on the PS3 I wanted something different, the rare watch that was playable pointed out that it was a good choice. But these issues...argh.

And yes, I tried that. I tried a ton of things but nothing works, so I'm stuck with an unplayable game.
Getting a refund and buying the PS3 version - not an option?

Erm...

Well, tech support. Yeah. That should work.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Getting a refund and buying the PS3 version - not an option?

Wow.

Well, tech support. Yeah. That should work.
Nope. It's a PC game, broken seal, code used, so that ain't an option. Plus I'm a stubborn bastard, I have this game now and I want it to run. Tech support it is. Thing is, they'll probably tell me that I don't meet the minimum requirements; bullshit, I can run Metro 2033 on High, I should be damn fine.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
So wait. Shoot off... ALL the maniquin's heads... In fifteen seconds... while people are blasting you to bits... waiy to hide an easter egg...

Does this have to be done solo or everyone in the map?
when you watch the video you can clearly see that everyone in the map can participate

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
JWAN said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
So wait. Shoot off... ALL the maniquin's heads... In fifteen seconds... while people are blasting you to bits... waiy to hide an easter egg...

Does this have to be done solo or everyone in the map?
when you watch the video you can clearly see that everyone in the map can participate
At work,. no flash player on my computer. Couldn't see

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
cjbos81 said:
Moriarty70 said:
I accept the fact that it has been discovered, but what does it mean?
It's a commentary on human nature. The reward for a feat of orgiastic death is a song that is itself social commentary.
Love that take on the song, but I was referencing the double rainbow in the picture. The fact that someone missed it means it hasn't reached the level or annoying as discussing the existential nature of cake.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
And yet this easter egg was removed for the German version. Apparantly shooting mannequins was too brutal for the Germans.
Well, my guess is that the reason for the editing out of "Sympathy For The Devil" was for the lines:

"I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the Blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank"

A certain portion of the population are still a little touchy on the whole WWII/Nazi thing.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Heh that is a pretty nifty little easter egg there. Never going to have that happen in an actual TDM but eh I digress. That lot seems to be having a lot of fun with it.

Cowabungaa said:
Ah yes the game is rather... unoptimized to say the least. They are supposedly patching it up asap to improve everyone's performance. I know the first patch they released really helped my frame rate and they say they are implementing more improvements. So hope ye can get on the game and enjoy it.