Dexter to Return in 2021

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Always thought of it a bargain basement Hannibal from the little i watched tbh, plus anyone I've spoken to who watched it were not impressed beyond season 2. Why this continue but no Hannibal? Bah!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Never cared for Dexter. I was never in to sociopathic "heroes"/villain protagonists to begin with. That threshold met its full potential with Travis Touchdown and Jack Cayman.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Always thought of it a bargain basement Hannibal from the little i watched tbh, plus anyone I've spoken to who watched it were not impressed beyond season 2. Why this continue but no Hannibal? Bah!
To be fair, it happened before Hannibal. It's possible that that without the popularity of Dexter, Hannibal wouldn't have happened

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
To be fair, it happened before Hannibal. It's possible that that without the popularity of Dexter, Hannibal wouldn't have happened
You could be right. I have no idea, am just glad it exists either way. The...not Dexter i mean. The selection of unsettling yet succulent meals were really quite inspiring!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Booo to all of you! John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer was terrific (first role that made me respect him as an actor) and so was the season with Julia Stiles; probably the last great season before it went to shit, so it deserves a chance at some redemption.

Could never get into made-for-basic-cable Hannibal without Antony Hopkins either. Madsen has a distinct enough look but is still too much of a pretty boy for such a role.

Last edited:

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
No no no no no NO NO! Just let it die! Dexter got shit. Reanimating it's shit corpse is just going to make it a dancing, shit corpse. Just come up with new ideas!

Reactions: BrawlMan

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
No no no no no NO NO! Just let it die! Dexter got shit. Reanimating it's shit corpse is just going to make it a dancing, shit corpse. Just come up with new ideas!
This IS a new idea. Because this show hasn't returned yet, you see!

And then they'll get the new idea to Reboot Dexter.

Then Dexter-Gender swapped/Race Changed... [/s]

Actual New ideas are scary. Modern day Media doesn't have time for risks... Just look at what the Video Game Industry USED to be. We used to have Rez and Katamari Damacy.

Now we have Rez Infinite and Katamari Damacy Remastered. God, media sucks.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
This IS a new idea. Because this show hasn't returned yet, you see!

And then they'll get the new idea to Reboot Dexter.

Then Dexter-Gender swapped/Race Changed... [/s]

Actual New ideas are scary. Modern day Media doesn't have time for risks... Just look at what the Video Game Industry USED to be. We used to have Rez and Katamari Damacy.

Now we have Rez Infinite and Katamari Damacy Remastered. God, media sucks.
I loved Batman Begins. It was a great movie. I loved the Resident Evil Remake. It was a great game.

I would sacrifice both of them in a heartbeat ifI never had to see another gritty reboot or remake again.

Reactions: ObsidianJones

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I loved Batman Begins. It was a great movie. I loved the Resident Evil Remake. It was a great game.

I would sacrifice both of them in a heartbeat ifI never had to see another gritty reboot or remake again.
You say that, but the Gummi Bears Gritty Reboot will blow. Your. MIND!!!!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Now we have Rez Infinite and Katamari Damacy Remastered
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I get where you're coming from, but those games have aged like fine wine. Those games are still better than most game from this gen, last gen, and "next gen" Plus, not everyone has a PS2. Not to mention, the original PS2 games have gone up in price.

Reactions: ObsidianJones

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I get where you're coming from, but those games have aged like fine wine. Those games are still better than most game from this gen, last gen, and "next gen" Plus, not everyone has a PS2. Not to mention, the original PS2 games have gone up in price.
I hear you. I loved those games. I would take a Bust a Groove and Bust a Groove 2 re-release any day now. As well as a ton of other games.

However, and I know you get this, but the problem arises where these brilliant minds can't be allowed to do anything else. Why wasn't the developer of Rez given infinite money and told "Go and paint, you Magnificent Bastard"?

But you're spot on with PS2. I remember buying it and thinking to myself "... what could they possibly come up with next".

Then the Seventh and Eighth Generations came out and the answer was "Sequels, more water downed than the previous iteration. Great."

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
However, and I know you get this, but the problem arises where these brilliant minds can't be allowed to do anything else. Why wasn't the developer of Rez given infinite money and told "Go and paint, you Magnificent Bastard"?
The same guy behind Rez (also worked on Space Channel 5) still makes awesome puzzle/rhythm game hybrids. Tetsuya Mizuguchi (水口 哲也 )
  • Lumines
  • Meteos
  • Every Extend Extra
  • Child of Eden
  • Tetris Effect. With a port on XBONE/Series X with battle multiplayer.
He's been making new things.

There are different games like No Straight Roads (I have not played yet) and Sayonara Wild Hearts (Have played and beaten). Both are arcade style rhythm games that feel like games you would play in the late Dreamcast/early PS2 era. NSR is a combat rhythm game, and SWH is an endless runner that has synchronized button presses, platforming, racing, and at least three different styles of rail shooting. Queen Latifah is the narrator too.