Diablo Gets Demolished, Hardcore Style

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
I wonder if the Escapateers above would be as grouchy if it were a game they too would respect and/or enjoy.

I dont respect or enjoy the game either anymore but i'll still acknowledge the difficulty this guy went through to get there, even before the nerf-patch.

Grats!

Oh, and the CM apoligized for his unbelieving tweet afterwards. How is that or the matter that they can actually see the info from their servers sad?

agiganticpanda

Sep 10, 2008
Personally I could care less about other people beating a game I play, although the Community Manager's comments were a joke. It really shows an unprofessional attitude to the community.

ischmalud

Feb 5, 2011
ahahah so they gona nerf d3 already? nice start your decend into WoW-sluge. sure happy i decided to buy whiskey and beer instead of that pile of garbage....

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
I was under the impression that he (the Barbarian) was just running around distracting monsters while his Wizard friend actually did most of the damage and killing.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
The first ever Hardcore Inferno Diablo kill, and he drops FUCKING BLUES?!

What? Can you only get gear from the Auction House or blind luck?

=y

May 11, 2012
Who's laughing at Canadians now! >:D

Yeah, they won't stop laughing at us. But hey, we beat everyone else to this one!

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
BoogieManFL said:
The first ever Hardcore Inferno Diablo kill, and he drops FUCKING BLUES?!

What? Can you only get gear from the Auction House or blind luck?
Blizzard nerfed the boss drop rates so you can't just hop into the final act and farm Diablo for epic loot drops like in D2. Instead, they made it so that your loot drop rates increase after killing the elite mobs, so you have to play through the sections before the boss battle to get decent loot.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Blizzard Community Manager Micah Whipple initially expressed doubt, tweeting, "People think that was the first HC Inferno clear? Weird. Webcams r 2 legit 2 quit. hay HAY,"
That sentence enrages me for reasons I am not entirely clear on.

Probably something to do with the fact he's supposed to be the face of a huge business and he descends into text speech and says 'hay hay' which sounds fucking stupid.

Anyway, yeah, good for them I guess, I wouldn't have done it because it's likely I would have died and thrown my computer out the window.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mumorpuger said:
I'm not certain which aspect irks me more, the folks who do this because they think it's something worthwhile, or the people who line up to say "congrats!!!" immediately afterwards.
whats youre issue?

the guy beat the game..while its not that big acheivment in the grand scheme of things, its certainly somthing to say "well done" to...

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
I find it very sad that not only does the Blizzard rep not believe it to begin with, his company is monitoring every player so closely he can just call up a window and look at exactly what the guy's been doing.

That's full on Oceana territory there, what's next, re-writing play logs so only people they (or Activision) like can get major achievements?
I'm sorry it seems like you've dropped your tinfoil hat.

That's pretty standard stat gathering. They'll be able to get the data from every weapon to every enemy, anything you do is recorded. Stuff can be used amongst other things to be able to properly balance things going off hard numbers rather than anecdotal accounts from players shouting about certain things. Really not out of the ordinary or clandestine at all.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I really respect Kripparian and congratulate him on this feat.

Hes been sticking to his guns by keeping on his barbarian which was one of the worst classes to play at the beginning of the game,the class only showing it's true power after decking yourself in best in slot gear(the gear dependancy on some classes are insane).

I'm really glad he was the first and only one to get "World's First hc Diablo kill" pre nerf patch and not all the other people who bragged that they will get it first(Kungen,Athene etc).

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
As documented in "Kripp & Krippi vs. Diablo," a player by the name of Kripparrian has become the first person ever to accomplish the feat.
Shit like this kind of annoys me. It says right there that there were two players taking on Diablo, then you give all the credit to Kripparrian. He wouldn't have been anywhere close to Diablo without Krippi (who did most of the damage anyway) so I don't understand why he gets no credit.

In fact, Kripparrian had decided he wanted to try and solo Diablo before realising he couldn't. In the mean time, Krippi had taken Diablo three times without dying on his less geared soft core character, meaning he could have easily done it without Kripparrian.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Impressive enough feat, and to those dissenting this bloke recall that this was done in one day, it's not that much of a commitment and besides there are worse ways to spend one day.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Ickorus said:
Blizzard Community Manager Micah Whipple initially expressed doubt, tweeting, "People think that was the first HC Inferno clear? Weird. Webcams r 2 legit 2 quit. hay HAY,"
That sentence enrages me for reasons I am not entirely clear on.

Probably something to do with the fact he's supposed to be the face of a huge business and he descends into text speech and says 'hay hay' which sounds fucking stupid.
You do realize that what I've bolded is a song quote? Including the 'hey hey' portion of it. Oddly, I found myself listening to that song today... the first time in 15 years.

As for the Canuck... good for you. Make us proud.

As for anyone who thinks this is a waste of time...

Newsflash. Unless its eating, sleeping, taking care of other bodily functions, or doing something to necessitate said functions then it is a waste of time. Everything from reading a book to raising children. As long as the person doing it doesn't consider it wasteful then why hate on the person. It's illogical... oh nevermind, that's why.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I don't see what's all the hate and downplaying is for. The man saw a mountain to climb and jumped at the chance to climb it.
I didn't know you guys had all the big answers, like what is worth doing in life.

I didn't know Inferno Hardcore hadn't been beaten yet and I congratulate him on doing so. It must have been pretty freaking hard.