Diablo III Beta Rises from Hell This Summer

allistairp

Apr 22, 2011
Diablo III Beta Rises from Hell This Summer

The Diablo III beta, which began internal testing at Blizzard last week, will be in the hands of gamers as soon as July.

The Q1 2011 Activision-Blizzard Financial Conference Call focused on World of Warcraft making money (who knew?), the developer being "hard at work" on its Starcraft II expansion and busy scaling its new MMO team. What most gamers want to hear, however, is that Blizzard is still targeting a fall release for Diablo III.

Of course we are talking about Blizzard, so curb your expectations. Activision COO Thomas Tippl said that Blizzard will release two games next year, if Diablo III doesn't make it to stores by January - that he would mention the obvious seems telling of Blizzard's confidence in making its proposed release window.

The good news is that before the game's release, players will have access to the beta sometime between July and September. There are no details on what the beta will contain, at this time, but, judging by the wealth of features and content in its Starcraft II beta, it should hold Diablo fans over for the next couple years. Oops, I mean months.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
SSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Come one Blizz!

jacob97900

Mar 17, 2009
Its about time they did this... its been what, 11 years since Diablo 2... and its finally nearly here.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
11 years since Diablo 2 first came out yea. I am so excited for this, I've been waiting for Diablo 3 since I first heard of it.

captcha: ftianity nspead, can I at least have some pronounceable words?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Please, please, please Blizzard!!!!
Release the damn beta, you have been perfecting this highly anticipated game for years now :'(

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Then we just have to hope we get a beta key out of the millions of blizzard account users...

I haven't had a beta key from them before. Something tells me my luck won't drastically change, either.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Hell yes! Can finally stop playing Torchlight for my action-RPG buzz (In a few months time >.>)!

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Awesomesauce! I've been hitting Diablo II even to this day, and still find it satisfying. The only thing replacing that marvel will be none other than Diablo III.
... And now it may just be in reach. *sniff*

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Is it just me, or do the graphics seem reminiscent of the WC3 Campaign?

Oh well, Blizzard's never dissapointed me on graphics.

Or gameplay.

Or voice acting.

Or story.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Mr.Amakir said:
On question though, will the game have LAN and proper mod-support?
I'd speculate that the answers are the same as in Starcraft 2 (i.e. no and no).

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
And thus, Blizzards final franchise was raped. Rest in peace Blizzard, for you are dead. Except you are now an undying zombie that will regurtitate the same few games over and over.

Supp said:
Excuse me, what? This is post-WoW Blizzard we're talking about.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DoctorPhil said:
And thus, Blizzards final franchise was raped. Rest in peace Blizzard, for you are dead. Except you are now an undying zombie that will regurtitate the same few games over and over.

Supp said:
Excuse me, what? This is post-WoW Blizzard we're talking about.
Blizzard has *never* had a good story in its games. Period. Nostalgia filter aside.

And as someone who's actually played D3, it's pretty damn awesome. Very much in line with D2 and D1.
Mr.Amakir said:
On question though, will the game have LAN and proper mod-support?
LAN, no. Proper mod-support, depends on what you mean.

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
nice, although i'm not that excited about D3. It doesn't seem like a diablo game more than a generic (albeit probably fun) dark fantasy action game.