Diablo III Box Art Revealed? Maybe Not

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Meh, this game is inconsequential till it arrives, and in accordance with the rules of haterism, "fuck off blizzard, die in a fire".

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
"Polish nobody creates fake Diablo III box". I'm glad this is one of the major headlines for today.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
I think this might be photoshopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and having seen quite a few shops in my time.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Greg Tito said:
as Blizzard is wont to do?
lolwut
Actually, "wont" is a real word [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wont], and is used properly given it's definition. L2Dictionary.com before you lawl at someone's "typo".

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Greg Tito said:
as Blizzard is wont to do?
But has blizzard ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

OT: Well USUALLY the box art isnt revealed until the end stages of production so i had my doubts

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Well, that is quite impressive. I was fooled for a second, tbh. Seems nearly legit.

Captcha; shernmet Land: ... What does it mean?

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
It's a well known fact that some retailers just put whatever in the thumbnail to increase legitimacy and boost sales. My Polish brethren kinda try hard... especially for 179.90 zł.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I'm sure the artist who put all that work into that portrayal of Sargeras might have something to say. If this had a bit more originality to it, like an original portrait, it would deserve some better kudos. As it stands though? Lame.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I would think that the quickest give away would have been all the disclaimers and such on the supposed "boxart" since boxart is usually released without all those information boxed and disclaimers. They usually appear after localization is completed, which means just a few weeks or days before the game goes gold and even then aren't usually a part of the official boxart release that most publishers distribute to garner interest.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Art Axiv said:
It's a well known fact that some retailers just put whatever in the thumbnail to increase legitimacy and boost sales. My Polish brethren kinda try hard... especially for 179.90 zł.
Ultima.pl gave a 200 PLN (zł) price.

Holy shit. Diablo 2 was 160 at the time, and it was A LOT. I really hate the whole $50 = 50 EUR thing.

Guess I'll have to buy it digitally... BUT I WANT THE BOX ;[

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Actually, "wont" is a real word [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wont], and is used properly given it's definition. L2Dictionary.com before you lawl at someone's "typo".
>Thought it was trying to say "won't"
>Still didn't make since in that context
>Posted something about it
>Checked myself
>Never do it in that order
>Decided to go back and edit my post
>Forgot
>Get two different messages about it
>LOL@MYSELF
>Still not going to go back and fix it

Either way, maybe I could still save myself and ask when's the last time Blizzard released a pet in a collector's edition game, but the most recent Blizzard game I own is Diablo II so I wouldn't know either way.

Saintcole

Mar 24, 2010
Somehow I'm not excited for Diablo 3 knowing my classes (necromancer and druid) are gone.

adrian_exec

Apr 5, 2009
Saintcole said:
Somehow I'm not excited for Diablo 3 knowing my classes (necromancer and druid) are gone.

The Druid was also added in the Expansion of Diablo 2, so keep your hopes up that Blizzard might do the same again.

As for the Necromancer I think the Which Doctor is the exact same class just with a name change, though I have to admin it would have been more awesome to keep the name "Necromancer".

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
>Thought it was trying to say "won't"
>Still didn't make since in that context
>Posted something about it
>Checked myself
>Never do it in that order
>Decided to go back and edit my post
>Forgot
>Get two different messages about it
>LOL@MYSELF
>Still not going to go back and fix it
Heh heh... yeah, I've done that kinda thing before, too.

Either way, maybe I could still save myself and ask when's the last time Blizzard released a pet in a collector's edition game, but the most recent Blizzard game I own is Diablo II so I wouldn't know either way.
It's been a trend ever since World of Warcraft hit. WoW and each expansion has had a code to redeem for in-game pets if you got the collector's editions, and Starcraft 2 also came with a code that unlocked a couple extra things in the game itself when attached to your B.net account, and also unlocked a pet for in WoW.

So given that, it's a safe bet that D3 will have a collector's edition that will have little extras unlocked for all three games (who knows what for D3 itself, decals/portrait for SC2, and a pet for WoW).