Diablo III's Expansion May Only Cost $30

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
black_knight1337 said:
Denamic said:
Removal of always online bullshit. I'd rank it somewhere above actually buying it.
I can guarantee you it won't happen any time soon. If it does end up happening, it would be when Blizz officially drop support for the game so that they don't have to deal with the rampant hacking that it would cause.
Hacking? As in stealing accounts or cheating? If it's the former... why? The AH is being removed, so there's little incentive to hack accounts to steal items. And if it's the latter, who cares? It's not a competitive game. Just let people cheat as much as they want. It's none of your business. And again, the AH is being removed, so it's not like the 'economy' is being ruined.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Bindal said:
So, they might decide to offer an expansion pack for the price expansion packs are usually sold at?
Yeah. Is this good news? Is it even news? Arent expansion packs supposed to be in that price range? Oh, and did Heart of the Swarm get priced as an expansion in the US?! God damnit! Why the hell are they always screwing over EU customers?! Its pissing me off to no end!

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
Denamic said:
Hacking? As in stealing accounts or cheating? If it's the former... why? The AH is being removed, so there's little incentive to hack accounts to steal items. And if it's the latter, who cares? It's not a competitive game. Just let people cheat as much as they want. It's none of your business. And again, the AH is being removed, so it's not like the 'economy' is being ruined.
It is my business when it directly impacts my experience of the game. The multi-player side of things has always been a large part of the game. And that multi-player gets ruined when people are running around with hacked items, making themselves invincible and able to one shot everything. It's not fun getting one shot in pvp much the same as it's not fun having the people you are partying with clearing the map before you can even do anything.
Also, with the upcoming introduction of ladders, it will be competitive.

EDIT: And the former will exist, with or without the Auction Houses. People still buy and sell stuff outside of the Auction Houses.

Zauxst

Feb 16, 2011
Steven Bogos said:

It continued that "The Standard Edition includes the Reaper of Souls expansion; the Collector's Edition includes the expansion, exclusive in-game content, and other bonus items."
So... Nobody seems to ask about the "exclusive in-game content"? Since when did Collector Edition ever have exclusive in-game content in Blizzard games? I really loved that company but ever since they released Cataclysm they just went down the hill sitting on a boulder...

I'm really considering if I'm going to spend a penny on any Blizz stuff...

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
krazykidd said:
LazyAza said:
Ooh only 30 would be a nice price. Getting pretty sick of re-running inferno vanilla Diablo over n over already after getting back in to the game recently. So I'm eagerly looking forward to some new tile sets n monsters n loot models.

Wonder how useless my absurd end game gear will be by level 65 or whatever they raise the cap to lol.
Isn't there end game content now? Like uber bosses and such? It's not much , but better than vanilla diablo runs . I think it's called key warden.
Yes I looked in to those just yesterday and it's less end game content and more just dull shit you have to grind for at an insane level of difficulty you have to level up for just to be able to stay alive at all. Blizzards answer to bored players as usual is just grind more of the same old shit lol. I hope the xpack has far more randomization and variety than the main game.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
LazyAza said:
krazykidd said:
LazyAza said:
Ooh only 30 would be a nice price. Getting pretty sick of re-running inferno vanilla Diablo over n over already after getting back in to the game recently. So I'm eagerly looking forward to some new tile sets n monsters n loot models.

Wonder how useless my absurd end game gear will be by level 65 or whatever they raise the cap to lol.
Isn't there end game content now? Like uber bosses and such? It's not much , but better than vanilla diablo runs . I think it's called key warden.
Yes I looked in to those just yesterday and it's less end game content and more just dull shit you have to grind for at an insane level of difficulty you have to level up for just to be able to stay alive at all. Blizzards answer to bored players as usual is just grind more of the same old shit lol. I hope the xpack has far more randomization and variety than the main game.
I won't argue with you on that one . Like i said , it's not much but it's there. However , i'm inclined to think most blizzard fans like mundane grinding.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Wow, only 30 bucks for a portion of the content that is in the main game. Mind you a game that is 60 dollars new. Seriously for that price, it should have at least 50% of the work that was involved with Diablo 3 originally. So, 2 new characters, 2 new acts, 50% new items and monsters. Seriously the pricing methods on expansions are bloody ridiculous and you know the console crowd will get screwed over if its over a certain data limit, especially with Microsoft. I didn't get the PC version because you can't rely on internet as much as electricity so I got the console version. So how much does anyone want to bet they're re-release the full game with this add-on for 60 bucks, making original console purchases pretty much null and void for the extra content? That's what XCOM did, that's what Dragon's Dogma did and by God I bet that's what Diablo 3 will do for the consoles too.

EmilShmiengura

Feb 17, 2009
Hey, there's no shame in asking. If you're...misguided (too lazy to check a thesaurus for a mild synonym for stupid)enough to to spend "just 30$!" on that then it's your cash, go right ahead. Of course you're validating toxic business practices, stimulating uncreative and unoriginal game devs and also every time somebody pays Blizzard 30$ for nothing a cute bunny dies.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I missed this survey. I assumed it was yet another scam email. I delete all emails from 'Blizzard'.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I don't know, I feel like only one new character, one new act, and some extra levels aren't really worth $30. I'm intrigued enough to want new content because I recognize the game could have been way better, but I may sit back and wait for it to go down to $20. As it stands, I haven't touched Diablo III since a few months after launch.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Zauxst said:
Steven Bogos said:

It continued that "The Standard Edition includes the Reaper of Souls expansion; the Collector's Edition includes the expansion, exclusive in-game content, and other bonus items."
So... Nobody seems to ask about the "exclusive in-game content"? Since when did Collector Edition ever have exclusive in-game content in Blizzard games? I really loved that company but ever since they released Cataclysm they just went down the hill sitting on a boulder...

I'm really considering if I'm going to spend a penny on any Blizz stuff...
You mean in-game visual nonsense? Sorry, that's been in there for a while now. SC2 has "skins" for some units based on what version you bought, some trans-game stuff from their other titles/expansions, and WoW has had "exclusive" rewards for a WHILE now. I don't know how you're just now seeing this stuff.

TL;DR: Oh no, you won't get cool purple/black/bony/pony wings Blizzard will give to the collector's edition buyers. And the murloc/hogger/derpherp pet. CAST DENOUNCE, DEAL 10 CONSUMER SATISFACTION DAMAGE!

OT:
I would be down for a 30 dolla price. That definitely makes it more appealing for a personal purchase.

hellicrination

Nov 16, 2010
It is not worth it, All they are doing is changing it into the game, we should have got in the first place. I know ill buy it, But none of us should have to.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I'll wait on it. I'm in no rush to get back into Diablo III.

thebakedpotato

Jun 18, 2012
Clive Howlitzer said:
They sink their money into shallow and superficial things instead of focusing on actual game design.
I am rather inclined to ask what you mean in this statement.