Diablo Immortal is Finally out....it's trash.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

They can't even release the game in China, which is the market they care the most about due to how fucked the monetization is. Unbelievable.
China has no right to talk. That didn't stop them for making all the other dirty dozen deals with B&A. What makes this one so special? They are full of shit as always. All that sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

They can't even release the game in China, which is the market they care the most about due to how fucked the monetization is. Unbelievable.
And let's not forget the game was developed by Chinese devs. This game is just one irony after another. I'm surprised the game wasn't censored to death following their policy

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
China has no right to talk. That didn't stop them for making all the other dirty dozen deals with BA. What makes this one so special? They are full of shit as always. All that sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What's BA?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Translation: This game contains too much capitalism for the CCP. Remove at once or face our wrath.
It's sad because you know Blizzard wanted China to be the biggest market for this game. The whole purpose of having a Chinese company make then a mobile game that they KNEW would piss off the WEstern audience was strictly because they were banking on making stupid money from Chinese markets. Not being able to release the game to China now is a huge kick in the dick for them.

Wonderful :D

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
It's sad because you know Blizzard wanted China to be the biggest market for this game. The whole purpose of having a Chinese company make then a mobile game that they KNEW would piss off the WEstern audience was strictly because they were banking on making stupid money from Chinese markets. Not being able to release the game to China now is a huge kick in the dick for them.

Wonderful :D
Perhaps don't make a game that has a sheer amount of Skeletons in it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Maxroll, one of the biggest diablo sites for new, builds, tips, videos, etc, has basically said "fuck it" to Diablo Immortal. They have stopped all coverage of the game and will not feature anything about the build on their site, as they do not want to be a part of the evil ecosystem Blizzard is trying to foster with the game.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Maxroll, one of the biggest diablo sites for new, builds, tips, videos, etc, has basically said "fuck it" to Diablo Immortal. They have stopped all coverage of the game and will not feature anything about the build on their site, as they do not want to be a part of the evil ecosystem Blizzard is trying to foster with the game.
Yep, I’ve used maxroll religiously for any build guides, because they have such in-depth contents. And they wouldn’t be making such great contents if they didn’t love the game, and they care what diablo means for many.

i wasn’t too surprised at the news, but imagine game being so bad, so greedy for websites like this to drop everything

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
If these fools can't figure it out that this point, it is on them.
Let's not forget, that this is probably below average on what Acti-Blizz wanted. They probably imagined raking in billions. Right now, they are making around $31M/month, which I guess barely covers employee salaries and building lease. I'm glad people are keeping their wallets on the leash.

AND there was a recent report that many people are quitting the game as well as streamers who hyped it up in the first place (gee, who would've guessed?). I'm betting that this game won't last by the end of the year or early 2023 at the latest

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Let's not forget, that this is probably below average on what Acti-Blizz wanted. They probably imagined raking in billions. Right now, they are making around $31M/month, which I guess barely covers employee salaries and building lease. I'm glad people are keeping their wallets on the leash.

AND there was a recent report that many people are quitting the game as well as streamers who hyped it up in the first place (gee, who would've guessed?). I'm betting that this game won't last by the end of the year or early 2023 at the latest
I mean that block in China has probably really pissed Bobby CockTick off. Because that was huge money lost immediately, or at least severely delayed because China is hard to win back if something is banned there.