Did anybody actually win the Skyrim Baby contest?

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
If you don't remember, Bethesda announced a contest where if your baby is named Dovakiin and is born on 11/11, then they would give you a key for ALL of Bethesda's games, past, present AND FUTURE.
Did anybody win?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
What kind of parent would name their child 'Dovahkiin'? Way to set them up as an easy bullying target. >_>

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Amnestic said:
What kind of parent would name their child 'Dovahkiin'? Way to set them up as an easy bullying target. >_>
I would do it and then change my kids name a week later.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Amnestic said:
The kind of parent who is a big fan of Bethesda, that's for sure.

Also, it's only one day to do this. It's hard to plan this sorta thing.

"Honey, I don't think the kid's coming today"
"Damn. Oh well, it's C-Section time"
"Wait, what?"
"Either you pop that kid out, our we get it cut out!"

YokuG

Mar 21, 2011
Amnestic said:
I don't see how someone can bully that.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was wondering this too. I would have totally done it. Dovahkiin is a kick ass name.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CM156 said:
Amnestic said:

"Wait, what?"
I hear that with drugs/chemicals/whatever, we can induce labour these days so you can pick your date. Probably not an easy thing to explain to the wife though. "No honey, we've got to induce labour today because that way, if we name him something really stupid, I get a few games for free!"

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Amnestic said:
CM156 said:
Amnestic said:

"Wait, what?"
I hear that with drugs/chemicals/whatever, we can induce labour these days so you can pick your date. Probably not an easy thing to explain to the wife though. "No honey, we've got to induce labour today because that way, if we name him something really stupid, I get a few games for free!"
Yeah. My parents had to do that to me, actually. I was 2 weeks late. However, it took 2 days before she delivered me, and from what I understand, it takes more than 24 hours to take effect.

Still, I'd LOVE to see someone explain that to their spouse. Hell, I'd love it if it were the mother trying to name the kid that.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Or you could not have a kid in the first place and money you would've spent on diapers spend on games instead.