Did anyone else find the sex scenes in The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings to be hilarious?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
I wouldn't say the sex scenes are bad, it's simply watching people having sex, which in and of itself is pretty silly and awkward to witness.

The reason why sex scenes in most movies are so theatrical with slow motion and fade outs is because simply watching two people hump eachother is laugh inducing.
Exactly this. I personally can't watch the sex scenes in Game of Thrones without cracking up. Unless you're doing it to get off, watching people having/simulating sex is hilariously funny.

Films like 300 include sex scenes that are wildly "stylised" (i.e. not in any way representative of how real people have sex) to stop them looking funny.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MetalMagpie said:
Casual Shinji said:
I wouldn't say the sex scenes are bad, it's simply watching people having sex, which in and of itself is pretty silly and awkward to witness.

The reason why sex scenes in most movies are so theatrical with slow motion and fade outs is because simply watching two people hump eachother is laugh inducing.
Exactly this. I personally can't watch the sex scenes in Game of Thrones without cracking up. Unless you're doing it to get off, watching people having/simulating sex is hilariously funny.

Films like 300 include sex scenes that are wildly "stylised" (i.e. not in any way representative of how real people have sex) to stop them looking funny.
Though I will say that with a game it adds the hilarity of knowing that two actors in mo-cap suits were simulating it doggy style.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Honestly, as far as such things go, they're pretty well executed. Actually resembling the act that's supposed to be going on rather than the underwear grinding that takes place in games like Dragon Age.

Personally, I don't find sex scenes to be all that necessary in games. But, you are right OP. It does seem to be especially prevalent in the "dark fantasy" genre. For my money, dark fantasy means a more grounded setting, more realistic characters, less noble heroes and an overall darker tone in the story.
But apparently that definition is wrong, and dark fantasy really means sex in a forest.

paislyabmj

Mar 25, 2012
in the fist one they gave you a naked picture of your beloved to ogle after you've boned her(at least i think it was after)in comparison to that witcher 2 did well.the cutscene is still crap dont get me wrong but it is less crap than the original.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
I just watched the one with triss in the bath and i thought it was well done.
The little "story" with the elves and the dwarf was rather amusing, too.
All in all the sex scenes are the best sex scenes i have ever seen in a videogame.
And to all those saying:
"Well they had to put them in, because of the first game."
or
"They just want to show geralt had sex, too"
or something like that doesn't consider that The Witcher is not just about the games.
In the Books, the games are based on, Geralt has a lot of Sex. A lot of Sex.
He is able to kill the biggest monsters that walk on the earth and does so on a regular basis, plus in the world of "the witcher" for women, having sex with a witcher or mage is the only way of having sex without having to fear getting pregnant, it would be silly if geralt would not get attention from females and would never have sex.

Racecarlock said:
Well, let's face it. How many people would have actually bought the game if it didn't have tits in it? Unfortunately for everyone who actually cares about maturity (Myself definitely not included), sex sells. Deal with it.
Well i bought the game because i liked the first one and cd project, with his collectors edition without paying more, is just awesome.
Why would i buy a game to see tits, i have the internet!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Not really.

The ones with the whores are quite funny, but the story ones are relatively well done; Triss' especially, considering they're self-aware enough to take the piss out of Geralt.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
You should play the first one. Banging chicks in haunted houses while collecting cards. GOTTA FUCK THEM ALL!
My PokeWitcherDex was as full as could be!

OT: I thought the sex scene with Triss was better than any other I've ever seen in a game, the other sex scenes, not so much.

Feb 24, 2011
Racecarlock said:
Well, let's face it. How many people would have actually bought the game if it didn't have tits in it? Unfortunately for everyone who actually cares about maturity (Myself definitely not included), sex sells. Deal with it.
i (a 14 year old to who those sex scenes should appeal to the most) didn't really care about the fact that there are tits in the game , i bought the game because the story is amazing and more mature than the dross you usually find in most games...
to be fair i don't think whether there are tits or not is that big of a deal for most people but if people only buy games because there are sex scenes or stuff that's fine, i just don't want to be associated with those people

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Eh the one Elvan bath one was pretty good and had humour at least. The others I never bothered with but then I'm not exactly the target audience. Yeah its movie sex but watching people have sex realistically is...well awkward and hilarious.

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
The sex scenes don't bother me. As someone said, in the books, Geralt has a lot of it, and it fits the setting of the game. I'm not especially annoyed by how Triss and the other powerful and/or upper class women look either. Sure, it tells me that I'm not the target audience for this game, but it doesn't clash too badly with their characters. They can look however they choose, and their status protects them from unwanted attention.

What does bother me is the way Ves is dressed. She is a soldier, wearing what is supposed to be the uniform of an elite military unit. She would most likely try to distinguish herself from the prostitutes and tavern wenches in the game. She also has a history of being abused. Considering this, why is her blouse open halfway to her navel, showing her breasts? And were spandex pants really invented?

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
AnnaIME said:
The sex scenes don't bother me. As someone said, in the books, Geralt has a lot of it, and it fits the setting of the game. I'm not especially annoyed by how Triss and the other powerful and/or upper class women look either. Sure, it tells me that I'm not the target audience for this game, but it doesn't clash too badly with their characters. They can look however they choose, and their status protects them from unwanted attention.

What does bother me is the way Ves is dressed. She is a soldier, wearing what is supposed to be the uniform of an elite military unit. She would most likely try to distinguish herself from the prostitutes and tavern wenches in the game. She also has a history of being abused. Considering this, why is her blouse open halfway to her navel, showing her breasts? And were spandex pants really invented?
I could have ignored that where it for that fact that she is also your typical 'tough' female in a group of men that is just there as cheap drama.
With Loredo her role was to pretend to a prostitute to get into the building, Geralt then has to run off and save her before she is raped. They don?t even give her the dignity of punching the racist ass in her unit, she just gives him a little shove and runs off. She then decides she likes Geralt if he beats her in the arena and is used for a mini romance and a sex scene. Then she gets raped by Hensalt and Roche leaves her behind...Oh and her back-story is also involves rape.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Zhukov said:
I didn't think they were quite that bad, but yeah, they were impossible to regard with a straight face.

I mean, how can anyone not laugh at the sight of Geralt pumping away with that same bored, neutral expression on his face?
This right here is my opinion on the matter. I didn't find it terribly funny, but I did find it all kinds of ridiculous. The whole thing was silly as hell, and while it didn't kill my immersion per se, it also didn't add anything and was just kinda pointless.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
The Rose of Remembrance Sex scene was not only well done, but the dwarf at the end just sold it on the inherent goofiness.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
The Rose of Remembrance Sex scene was not only well done, but the dwarf at the end just sold it on the inherent goofiness.
This comment alone makes me feel like I've put off this game for far too long
*checks wallet*
... well it will have wait a bit longer I guess.

EDIT: As others have said, Sex scenes in general are inherently awkward to watch. Honestly, try to picture someone you know having sex with someone. Your brain FIGHTS the mental image off. Now for a lot of people who play the witcher (or any game with a pre-set protagonist for that matter), we become familiar with the character in more of a "I like that girl/guy" kind of way then a "I'm that girl/guy". This makes projecting ourselves into the scene nigh impossible without feeling like some sort of creepy perv.

What's more, even if we COULD project, the scene takes control away from us... which is possibly worse then simply watching people having sex. (Pseudo-Rape?)

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Soviet Heavy said:
This comment alone makes me feel like I've put off this game for far too long
*checks wallet*
... well it will have wait a bit longer I guess.

EDIT: As others have said, Sex scenes in general are inherently awkward to watch. Honestly, try to picture someone you know having sex with someone. Your brain FIGHTS the mental image off. Now for a lot of people who play the witcher (or any game with a pre-set protagonist for that matter), we become familiar with the character in more of a "I like that girl/guy" kind of way then a "I'm that girl/guy". This makes projecting ourselves into the scene nigh impossible without feeling like some sort of creepy perv.

What's more, even if we COULD project, the scene takes control away from us... which is possibly worse then simply watching people having sex. (Pseudo-Rape?)
Well, the Dwarf doesn't get in on the action, but his reaction is hilarious.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
To be fair i didn't think they were that bad, or at least the ones i saw but i didn't go looking for them, i had the standard ones with triss and one with ves. I didn't buy the game for the sex i bought the game cause the dev's are awesome and i loved the first one.

Personally i liked the elven baths one with the dwarf xD.