Did anyone play portal1 or 2 on the xbox360?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I played both Portals on my Xbox 360 and the controls were fine, and easy to use. Good games as well.

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
I played both on the 360, the controls were great. And I also played the first one on PCat a friend's house, and I didn't really think there was too much difference.

Aug 1, 2010
I prefer 360 controls, so I played both on console as well as the first on PC and I found they were exactly the same except for the controls.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
The Xbox version is a pretty solid port. The only real problem is that some of the reflex shots that were already kind of hard with a mouse and keyboard take a bit more time with the controller; you also spend more time bouncing up and down in the sections where you have to shoot a portal at the top of your fall, because you pretty much have to get your angle roughly correct, and then shoot when you hit the right height, instead of adjusting your aim on the fly. The game is still eminently playable, despite this.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
Satsuki666 said:
I played the first one on the 360 and it works just fine. I didnt see any problems with the controls or any bugs or anything.
What he said.

Don't have 2 yet...

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
I played portal 1 on both PC and Xbox and did not notice any significant differences. I then played Portal 2 on xbox and loved it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I would say it depends on if you can play shooters on consoles. I hated it on the 360, but I hate every console shooter. (PC elitist reporting in)

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I own three copies of Portal 1. Two of them being on the 360.

I actually hear my PC gaming friends complain that they had to press a button to change the colour of portal they fire, whereas with a controller it's just the other trigger.

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
krazykidd said:
I'm asking this because i'm wondering if the gameplay/ controlles for portal 2 are any good for the xbox360 . I could buy the game on pc , but i prefere to expand my xbox360 library if possible . But if people say that the 360 versions sucks i'll definately buy it on pc . I'm not asking if it's better on consoles , just if it's enjoyable.
I played portal 1 for the first time on the Xbox 360 just a little bit ago because I finally decided to get the orange box, and it... was... AMAZING. The game is an incredible piece of artwork, I think. It was funny, it was endeering, it was inventive and smart, and it was a lot of fun to play. And there were no problems with the controls.

Get it for the 360

Then again, I'm really poor. I've never experienced PC gaming before. I wouldn't have a 360 if it wasn't free and I wouldn't have orange box if I didn't get it for 10 dollars. I've been using the same computer for 6 years, so it's not in shape to be doing any gaming. Which is unfortunate because I know more about computers than everyone I know, but everyone I know has a nicer computer than me =/

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I played both on the 360 and the first on PC. I felt the controls were better on the 360 but that's just me.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Both are fine on the 360. No horrible controls or problems.
Yeah, except for the fact that the first one hasn't seen an update since its release besides the XBLA version, and that doesn't add the modified ending or ARG content that the PC version got before Portal 2 came out.

The 360 versions don't suck, but they aren't as enjoyable nor do they have anywhere near the amount of content of the PC versions.

So yeah, get them for the PC. Besides, the first one was free two weeks ago, don't know why you didn't pick it up then.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
SinorKirby said:
Jedamethis said:
Both are fine on the 360. No horrible controls or problems.
Yeah, except for the fact that the first one hasn't seen an update since its release besides the XBLA version, and that doesn't add the modified ending or ARG content that the PC version got before Portal 2 came out.

The 360 versions don't suck, but they aren't as enjoyable nor do they have anywhere near the amount of content of the PC versions.

So yeah, get them for the PC. Besides, the first one was free two weeks ago, don't know why you didn't pick it up then.
Really? I'd better go get it for the PC sometime then...