Did biology screw over women?

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
PlatonicRapist said:
Women have quite a few advantages over men. A higher pain threshold. Slower release and longer lasting adrenaline surges. Higher tolerance to accelleration. Ethical hypocrisy that goes unquestioned. Better multi-tasking (allegedly, not adequately proven). Being socially allowed to nag and whine without looking effeminate. Not getting conscripted. More intense orgasms. Less likely to face the death penalty. Normally able to murder their children without legal penalty. Normally able to murder their spouse without legal penalty. Divorce laws slanted in women's favor for property and child custody. Equal opportunity protection. Longer life span. Dispose of 80% of household income nation wide in the developed world. And the list goes on...
Higher pain threshold was disproven earlier in the thread. Slower release is questionable as an advantage though longer lasting is obviously an advantage. Don't know enough to comment on the acceleration. Ethical hypocrisy? Probably social if it even exists you'll have to elaborate. Better multitasking as you said up for debate. Allowed to nag and whine is social and I doubt most women have a problem with looking effeminate, also men nag and whine all the time. Not getting conscripted is societal. More intense orgasms is debatable, but definitely an advantage. Less likely to face death penalty is societal. Able to murder their children? I'll assume you're talking abortion which is a far cry from murder. Able to murder spouse? Not true. Divorce laws likely with child custody, and if property is slanted in their favor likely because of the children. 80% of income seems right when you consider that in most households I've seen women are responsible for shopping for necessities like food.

I think you missed the point of this thread as it is intended to be about biological differences and most of your points are societal and not necessarily true.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Loop Stricken said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Loop Stricken said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Loop Stricken said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Its not the lubricant. Its the skin itself that glides. Its the reason lube is superfluous in that case.

There would be little chance of chaffing. Unless you were trying to imitate the flash in which case you will hurt yourself regardless.
]

Hm yes. Dry flesh moving back and forth over dry flesh. Lubrication superfluous.
Seems legit.
I am not talking about that one. I am talking about people who think everyone spanks it using lotion.

Besides, lube production varies from men to men. Some produce little, some produce a lot. It goes back to my previous statement that its your own biology that matters. Same reason hair grows back at different rates, same reason people grow the way they do.
but you earlier said lube was superfluous. being in possession of a foreskin is no guarantee of a smooth and friction-free wank.
exactly my point. I was talking about makeshift lubes like lotion. That's what I meant when I said lube.
I fear one of us has misunderstood the other. Since I have been drinking a little bit, I shall abstain from continuing this debate until tomorrow when the vast amount of alcohol contained in three shots of whiskey has left my system.
You said friction, I thought you meant chaffing.

I said lube, like lotion, wasn't needed with a foreskin to prevent chaffing.

You said the natural lube was needed.

I agreed. However, natural lube is produced at different rates for individuals. Some produce a lot of lube. Some produce little. So there can be little to no problem if the man is lucky enough to produce a lot of lube.
I did.
You did.
I didn't. I said I could use some, what with having scarred my [sub]penis[/sub] with some heavy self-flagellation.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
theonewhois3 said:
CODE-D said:
theonewhois3 said:
Society did screw over women, though.
I find that debatable for the average guy versus the average woman, especially during school years.
Screwed over, not screws over. Its obviously not as bad now. Also, high school doesn't encompass the whole of society, fortunately for all of us.
Depends what society your talkin about but I say those school years really do shape most peoples thoughts on how the world is depending on how theyre treated(good or bad).

Mar 26, 2008
theonewhois3 said:
dogstile said:
theonewhois3 said:
Phasmal said:
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Yeah, that.

Also, women have a higher pain tolerance than men, generally.
Periods are no big deal anyway. You get used to them.
It does come off as a little patronising, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Being a lady is just swell.
If I had a choice I would not choose to be a dude.
Women don't have higher pain tolerance. I'm too lazy to cite this though.
Didn't mythbuster's prove they did, especially if they were mothers?

OT: No, they're fine. We should really leave the gender topic alone anyway, its far to easy to flame.
I don't know, never saw that episode. It seems you you're too lazy to cite your self too. So we are at an impasse.
Well I saw that episode and Dogstile is right; atleast from a Mythbusters perspective.

MidnightCat

Jul 21, 2009
theonewhois3 said:
dogstile said:
theonewhois3 said:
Phasmal said:
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Yeah, that.

Also, women have a higher pain tolerance than men, generally.
Periods are no big deal anyway. You get used to them.
It does come off as a little patronising, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Being a lady is just swell.
If I had a choice I would not choose to be a dude.
Women don't have higher pain tolerance. I'm too lazy to cite this though.
Didn't mythbuster's prove they did, especially if they were mothers?

OT: No, they're fine. We should really leave the gender topic alone anyway, its far to easy to flame.
I don't know, never saw that episode. It seems you you're too lazy to cite your self too. So we are at an impasse.
After a quick Google search it looks like they did cover it:
For the following myths involving pain tolerance, all of the test subjects sat in a chair and submersed one hand in an ice bath at 1°C for as long as they could endure.

Women have a higher pain tolerance than men.

confirmed

Twenty-five members of each gender took part. The women lasted an average of 100.4 seconds in the ice, while the average for the men was 84.3 seconds.

http://mythbustersresults.com/no-pain-no-gain
They also found that redheads typically have higher pain tolerance than people with other hair colours, and swearing can help you to endure pain.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Women are also smarter on average, with the two hemispheres of the brain closer together. Every human is prone to back pain, we just have shit backs. Some women do dress almost exclusively in mens clothes, it's just normal. So yeah, but not by much.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
The simple fact is men and women are different, physically and mentally. Cause there are overlaps on a case by case basis, but we all know the generalisations that go into men and women.

We will never know which gets it better or worse you cannot truly get the feel for both sides. There are things that Women get worse there are things men get worse off.

Yes Biology dictates that women have all the birthing things. Women are also programmed to keep themselves out of danger and keep themselves comfortable because that used to be the way to get the most viable birthing conditions.

Men are programmed to protect woman and keep them comfortable, there is a reason why 100 men died in an attack is nothing but shock horror 2 women were killed.

So with that you got life giver vs protector. This was more the case then only a hand full of children would be expected to survive to adult hood, where the guy would go out to do back breaking labour and the woman would rise the kids. This of cause is not the case now, but some of those things have not gone. Health and Safety only really came about when women entered the workplace.

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Women are also smarter on average, with the two hemispheres of the brain closer together.
Not exactly.

Men's brains are larger and contain more neurons (even after adjusting for body size), while women's brains have thicker commissures (structures, like the corpus callosum, which connect the two hemisphere's of the brain).

The actual significance of these differences is as yet unknown, as men and women perform almost equally well on tests of general intelligence. (The median female IQ score is actually slightly lower than median male IQ, by about 1.5 points, and their standard deviation is smaller by about 1 point.)

Certain structures in the hypothalamus are also larger in men's brains than in women's - these structures seem to be related to sexual behavior.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
It's true that periods suck but for me they've always just been a minor inconvenience. After reading this thread I'm surprised at how many people have trouble with theirs. It makes me feel sort of fortunate.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Hate bras, can't move during the first day of that 'time of the month' for the pain. I wouldn't say we were screwed over anymore than males were in some aspects, but damn if I don't hate a few things about being female.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Well, they're the ones with the boobs. It's not exactly fair. But then again, if I had boobs, I'd probably be too busy playing with them to get an actual job.

Boobs.

(Capcha... labour of love. More like... labour of boobs.)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Biology did not screw women over.

Society in general, religion and politics screwed women over.

That's why I say those who inherit and carry the Y chromosome are the scourge of the fucking universe.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:
the agony of pregnancy (if they so wish), having to wear bras, large breasts can cause back pain (I doubt there are as many disadvantages to having a large penis), they're physically weaker than men (on average), and apparently have a scientifically lower threshold for alcohol then men (again, on average).

Most of things things can be looked at from the other side -

The agony of pregnancy (which is not always agonizing) can be balanced by the experience of giving birth which is something men will never know. They don't have to wear bras (and some don't), that's just a societal thing. They're physically weaker but get in less fist fights. They don't drink as much and there aren't as many female alcoholics.

The problems of being male? They suffer depression more. They lose their hair more. And as they get older and start to lose interest in sex, their lives seem to become less meaningful (possibly why depression sets in), whereas most woman become happier and more fulfilled in their old age. So yes, you get the odd boner when reaching maturity, but once you get older and that boner goes away, life becomes a lot less interesting for a man.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Is this viewed from an evolutionary standpoint, or from our modern society?

Because there are actual reasons for our biological differences.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Rose and Thorn said:
In my long, yet still young, walk through life, I have learnt many things, but one of those things.

Women are better. They are thoughtful, magestic, beautiful, intelligent, mature, calm. And what they may lack in certain degrees, they may make up for 10 fold in other things.

Sometimes I am ashamed to have been born a male, but thankful I was raised by women.

Men got the short end of the stick, men suck and every day I see this. Men aren't strong enough for child birth.
Wow, totally not generalizing there.

At all.

In any way.

*cough*

Cobalt180

Jun 15, 2010
I'd say that women aren't "screwed" in terms of biology, they, like males, fit a certain role with the species. They live longer, but then again, they also give birth to children, so in terms of their importance, it seems only natural the t women would have evolved to have slightly extended lives, needed for nurturing young and tending to family. If anything, women's roles in biology have enhanced their ability, while men have remained the more front-line soldiers, hunters, laborers, and other more physical-centric force of your species. I'd submit that women as a whole have their purposes in life, just as men have theirs, in terms of gender politics, the best thing I can come up to say is that nature, and humanity itself, are not separate, we have your functions and our purposes, and it is our duty to fulfill that role in both nature, and in our own world.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Men and woman are shown to be nearly equal in intelligence. Men are actually shown to be slightly more proficient at intelligence testing (averaging something like 1 to 2 IQ points better than woman). In my experience, the range of intelligence I see in people is so varied that it becomes more a matter of which sex/gender might be better at certain things than which is "smarter".

Also, as others pointed out, the extended lifespan of woman likely results more from environmental conditions rather than biological factors. The pain tolerance thing I've read is also a myth, which I'd been highly skeptical of ever since I was a kid.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Supertegwyn said:
Rose and Thorn said:
In my long, yet still young, walk through life, I have learnt many things, but one of those things.

Women are better. They are thoughtful, magestic, beautiful, intelligent, mature, calm. And what they may lack in certain degrees, they may make up for 10 fold in other things.

Sometimes I am ashamed to have been born a male, but thankful I was raised by women.

Men got the short end of the stick, men suck and every day I see this. Men aren't strong enough for child birth.
Wow, totally not generalizing there.

At all.

In any way.

*cough*
Considering how few and mild the responses have been to his comment, I honestly have to wonder how they might have differed if he replaced "woman" with "man".