Did biology screw over women?

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
And men get to die defending them for the good of the species :D
Perfect trade off I reckon, they get to live longer and not have to fight in wars in exchange they give birth to the young ones. Well that's what biology decided is most evolutionary beneficial, luckily we have the means to ignore biology now, we have painkillers and various such wonderful inventions such as military drones.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Biology didn't screw over women. It isn't a person. It doesn't have a social agenda to keep XXX thing down. Women just like men adapted in a way to insure the best possible outcome for the survival of the species. That is how it works.

If anything is "screwing" over women it is human perceptions and ignorance.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I normally agree except every god damn time I have a presentation in English. "Quick! Don't think of every boner inducing thought ever".

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
5 pages in and still no major shitstorm?! Someone PM me somewhere around page 15 when this gets interesting.

And...

Relish in Chaos said:
I doubt there are as many disadvantages to having a large penis
...am I the only one juvenile enough NOT to let this slide?

Nah, too easy.

But seriously, why is this topic here? Or, why stop here? Quick, someone start the "Did biology screw over *insert various race/ethnic group here*?" thread! I'm sure it will be just as pleasant as this one.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
axlryder said:
Supertegwyn said:
Rose and Thorn said:
In my long, yet still young, walk through life, I have learnt many things, but one of those things.

Women are better. They are thoughtful, magestic, beautiful, intelligent, mature, calm. And what they may lack in certain degrees, they may make up for 10 fold in other things.

Sometimes I am ashamed to have been born a male, but thankful I was raised by women.

Men got the short end of the stick, men suck and every day I see this. Men aren't strong enough for child birth.
Wow, totally not generalizing there.

At all.

In any way.

*cough*
Considering how few and mild the responses have been to his comment, I honestly have to wonder how they might have differed if he replaced "woman" with "man".
I am really surprised that nobody has really responded to him. Comments like that generally don't pass around here.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Supertegwyn said:
axlryder said:
Supertegwyn said:
Rose and Thorn said:
In my long, yet still young, walk through life, I have learnt many things, but one of those things.

Women are better. They are thoughtful, magestic, beautiful, intelligent, mature, calm. And what they may lack in certain degrees, they may make up for 10 fold in other things.

Sometimes I am ashamed to have been born a male, but thankful I was raised by women.

Men got the short end of the stick, men suck and every day I see this. Men aren't strong enough for child birth.
Wow, totally not generalizing there.

At all.

In any way.

*cough*
Considering how few and mild the responses have been to his comment, I honestly have to wonder how they might have differed if he replaced "woman" with "man".
I am really surprised that nobody has really responded to him. Comments like that generally don't pass around here.
Very true, although the optimist in me is thinking that people are just trying to keep the bile around here to a minimum, which would be nice. This thread has been surprisingly civil so far.

theonewhois3

Feb 3, 2010
MidnightCat said:
theonewhois3 said:
dogstile said:
theonewhois3 said:
Phasmal said:
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Yeah, that.

Also, women have a higher pain tolerance than men, generally.
Periods are no big deal anyway. You get used to them.
It does come off as a little patronising, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Being a lady is just swell.
If I had a choice I would not choose to be a dude.
Women don't have higher pain tolerance. I'm too lazy to cite this though.
Didn't mythbuster's prove they did, especially if they were mothers?

OT: No, they're fine. We should really leave the gender topic alone anyway, its far to easy to flame.
I don't know, never saw that episode. It seems you you're too lazy to cite your self too. So we are at an impasse.
After a quick Google search it looks like they did cover it:
For the following myths involving pain tolerance, all of the test subjects sat in a chair and submersed one hand in an ice bath at 1°C for as long as they could endure.

Women have a higher pain tolerance than men.

confirmed

Twenty-five members of each gender took part. The women lasted an average of 100.4 seconds in the ice, while the average for the men was 84.3 seconds.

http://mythbustersresults.com/no-pain-no-gain
They also found that redheads typically have higher pain tolerance than people with other hair colours, and swearing can help you to endure pain.
Well there you go, I'm probably wrong.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
theonewhois3 said:
dogstile said:
theonewhois3 said:
Phasmal said:
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Yeah, that.

Also, women have a higher pain tolerance than men, generally.
Periods are no big deal anyway. You get used to them.
It does come off as a little patronising, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Being a lady is just swell.
If I had a choice I would not choose to be a dude.
Didn't mythbuster's prove they did, especially if they were mothers?

OT: No, they're fine. We should really leave the gender topic alone anyway, its far to easy to flame.
I don't know, never saw that episode. It seems you you're too lazy to cite your self too. So we are at an impasse.
I was very drunk, in my defence. Here you go:
Edit: Oh balls, it seems people have quoted you already. Suppose this post wasn't needed :p

theonewhois3

Feb 3, 2010
CODE-D said:
theonewhois3 said:
CODE-D said:
theonewhois3 said:
Society did screw over women, though.
I find that debatable for the average guy versus the average woman, especially during school years.
Screwed over, not screws over. Its obviously not as bad now. Also, high school doesn't encompass the whole of society, fortunately for all of us.
Depends what society your talkin about but I say those school years really do shape most peoples thoughts on how the world is depending on how theyre treated(good or bad).
Sure and many factors effect the experience of high school. Let me put it this way. Your high school experience is one of many many different high school experiences. The general experience of high school is one of many experiences of life. This leaves plenty of room for it be shit or at least shittier to be a woman rather than a man. Most of this might not even be noticed. I would say this does still happen in places, though a lot less than before. A vague statement to be sure, but this is a very broad subject.

theonewhois3

Feb 3, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Biology did not screw women over.

Society in general, religion and politics screwed women over.

That's why I say those who inherit and carry the Y chromosome are the scourge of the fucking universe.
Ahh so all men are morally inferior and scum by virtue of sex. Sounds familiar.

dogstile said:
No problem, i know how hangovers are ;).

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I would say no, biology hasn't screwed women over. Both female and male serve a purpose biologically, produce egg, fertilize egg. Each sex has strengths to facilitate breeding.

Women get screwed over by Society, and really nothing more. Human's as a species are pretty lucky considering. Male Angler fish serve one purpose, find a female, and fuse with her. The males body is utterly absorbed except for his testicles. Spiders also tend to favor females, being the female tends to murder the male shortly after fertilization.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
torzath said:
As a person who gets stereotyped as a butch lesbian or a pre-op transman all the time, I have to say you're wrong there.

Now, I'm not denying that I have it ten gazillion times easier than say, a guy in a dress, and it may have to do with the fact I live in Virginia, but still I get crap for it.

Also, all bets are off when it comes to formal clothing, and the situations that require them. It's still not as bad as that guy in the dress, but when you get the point that you wear tuxes or suits as a obviously female person, it certainly isn't a case of "nobody bats a eyelid".
Probably a cultural thing then, I see women here in northern england wearing men's clothes all the time and I have never seen anyone so much as blink, let alone bully.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
theonewhois3 said:
That's the only way they can deal with birth. The equivalent pain of birth practically cripples guys.

OT: Nope, society did though.

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
Growing up with three sisters I developed a Gender Inferiority Complex that bordered on Gender Aphasia. By the age of 18 I was deeply envious of a woman's ability to orgasm multiple times... It was kinda bullshit.

Then I got into fitness, then... I didn't actually find away to orgasm multiple times but I did find a way to ride the threshold... Then I entered a super manic state and became God. (true story)

-Pain threshold; well my lifestyle may make me an exception to the rule but, Mine is higher than any woman... well one exception
-Whilst tits are fun and I would have endless hours of entertainment, they would get in the way far too much
-Periods... urgh. I mean, I end up bleeding quite a bit but... from there, uhuh (Still, extra lubrication ;) )
-I can pee whilst standing
-I can pee easily into a container whilst driving

The down sides are more societal fuck overs, cause man, do my calves look good in a skirt and heals. I am a fan of the Kilt however.

I do occasionally fantasise about being the nubile red headed fox that is my alter ego, but she's become more of a meta-representation of my moral code rather than a transgender fantasy.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Eh, speaking as a female, I don't think it screws us over... yes, certain... times of the month are annoying, but I'm used to it by now.

Though I agree with the people who commented that society screwed us over...

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Suicidejim said:
Men have some of their most sensitive organs casually dangling down between their legs like a fun, low-hanging target for all. Also, we men have shorter lifespans on average, and are often at a higher risk for various conditions.

Considering what nature does to some creatures, the human female gets off rather lightly, I feel.
Kick or punch a woman in the twat and see how well she keeps a straight face.

And men have shorter life-spans partly because we have shittier fucking jobs. First it was hunting in the wild, now its doing shitty, soul-crushing jobs.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:
Yay, another gender topic. Sorry, but it's just something that's been on my mind for a while now and I figured this would be a good place to post it. Do you think biology, for lack of a better word, screwed over females? I mean, unlike males, they have to suffer menstruation, the agony of pregnancy (if they so wish), having to wear bras, large breasts can cause back pain (I doubt there are as many disadvantages to having a large penis), they're physically weaker than men (on average), and apparently have a scientifically lower threshold for alcohol then men (again, on average).

Forgive me if this sounds patronizing, but sometimes I feel sorry when I hear my female friends tell me about the pain of periods, when all men really have to undergo in maturity is the odd boner in awkward situations. Puberty's obviously a stressful time for both sexes, but it seems that it's just that much more worse for girls.

And, I suppose this might be more of a societal thing than biological, but women get much less "fanservice" than men. Well, heterosexual women, to be precise (sorry, gay/bisexual women, although that may be a problem of its own). For example, you don't see men freely wearing certain revealing clothing like skirts and cleavage-bearing tops (well, men don't even have a cleavage to speak of) that both compliment their figure and portray their sexual liberalism. You rarely hear about women having a fetish for dressing up in "men's clothes", but you do for men in women's clothes.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Women are all right on their own, they are screwed over by men.

Women aren't weak compared to most female (or male) animals on this planet. They are only weak compared to men. And men value relative strength and disparage weakness.

Women campaigned to MEN to get equal opportunities.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Relish in Chaos said:
(I doubt there are as many disadvantages to having a large penis)
If only you knew.

Multiple orgasms. They're doing fine.
If there was ever a reason I would want to be a woman, this is it.

But no, I think biology screwed men over, because we have to deal with them. My personal hell would involve being stuck with a woman in a small room for eternity.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Suicidejim said:
Men have some of their most sensitive organs casually dangling down between their legs like a fun, low-hanging target for all. Also, we men have shorter lifespans on average, and are often at a higher risk for various conditions.

Considering what nature does to some creatures, the human female gets off rather lightly, I feel.
Getting hit in the plumbs will hurt, but it won't incapacitate you. Some guys getting smacked in the nads just go into hulk mode.