Did biology screw over women?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Ultratwinkie said:
theonewhois3 said:
The main reason I said that is because throughout our existence, men have been the ones who have been put in (or in many cases, assumed) control. Religion, politics, law enforcement - 99% of the time, men are the ones who have that leadership position. Therefore, I give them the most shit when it comes to looking at what we've done as a collective.

This does not mean women instantly get off the hook. There are countless instances of women doing terrible and shitty things as well, but when taken into the whole of human history, men are, by far, the worse offenders. I can say some things about women, too - especially when it comes to rutting partners: like the guy in Tennesee who has 30+ kids by ELEVEN different women...and then asks a judge to give him a break on his child support. If that many women can't figure out that this guy probably isn't going to be a decent father figure, something is definitely wrong.

Captcha: one hit wonder. Let's hope it is, Captcha.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:
Let me clear up your ignorance for you. Women are equal to men in every way with the exception of reproduction related organs. CULTURE the only other thing that separates the sexes. Take a sociology course to understand why.

Biologically, mothers consider their body to be a gift (their child), but young adults consider it a curse (their period). It depends on who you ask and when.

EDIT:
Phisi said:
And men get to die defending them for the good of the species :D
Perfect trade off I reckon, they get to live longer and not have to fight in wars in exchange they give birth to the young ones. Well that's what biology decided is most evolutionary beneficial, luckily we have the means to ignore biology now, we have painkillers and various such wonderful inventions such as military drones.
Of course. There are no women in the military at all. None what so ever. I cannot name any off the top of my head; can you?

Seriously, what time period are you from?

Also, you're talking about culture, not biology. If trained properly and encouraged to build muscle, women can be just as deadly as a man who does the same. What you're talking about is tribal logic in which there were twenty people in the town and women were too valuable to be allowed to die. But as populations grew, culture stayed the same to the point of condescending chivalry. In the year 2012, there would be no advantages to keeping the women home over a man. In fact, we more worried about whether the draftee is an only child because if he or she dies, so does the family bloodline.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Durgiun said:
Suicidejim said:
Men have some of their most sensitive organs casually dangling down between their legs like a fun, low-hanging target for all. Also, we men have shorter lifespans on average, and are often at a higher risk for various conditions.

Considering what nature does to some creatures, the human female gets off rather lightly, I feel.
Kick or punch a woman in the twat and see how well she keeps a straight face.

And men have shorter life-spans partly because we have shittier fucking jobs. First it was hunting in the wild, now its doing shitty, soul-crushing jobs.
right....because women don't have jobs...

.....or somthing

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Grygor said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Women are also smarter on average, with the two hemispheres of the brain closer together.
Not exactly.

Men's brains are larger and contain more neurons (even after adjusting for body size), while women's brains have thicker commissures (structures, like the corpus callosum, which connect the two hemisphere's of the brain).

The actual significance of these differences is as yet unknown, as men and women perform almost equally well on tests of general intelligence. (The median female IQ score is actually slightly lower than median male IQ, by about 1.5 points, and their standard deviation is smaller by about 1 point.)

Certain structures in the hypothalamus are also larger in men's brains than in women's - these structures seem to be related to sexual behavior.
Huh...you learn something every thread it seems.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
I think biology screwed over the entire human race by not giving us lasor-eyes.
This man. We should listen to him. Clearly he is the wise man of our time.
[sub]Oh god imagine how easy it would be to trim the fucking hedge with lasor eyes.
-comically missing the point-[/sub]

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
solemnwar said:
Corporal Yakob said:
I think biology screwed over the entire human race by not giving us lasor-eyes.
This man. We should listen to him. Clearly he is the wise man of our time.
[sub]Oh god imagine how easy it would be to trim the fucking hedge with lasor eyes.
-comically missing the point-[/sub]
Just imagine how easy and exiciting even the most mundane task would become with lasor eyes!

Pay the postman? Lasor eyes!
Clean the smoking ash from your front-garden? Lasor eyes!
Calm the neighbours down? Lasor eyes!
Politely and clearly explain the situation to the police? Lasor eyes!

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Men and women both have their advantages and disadvantages. They have both evolved to fulfill specific roles. Women evolved to be much better equipped to give birth to, raise and care for children than men. Therefore, men instead evolved to be better protectors, with the ability to be much stronger without any effort, as it's kinda hard to fight off an animal while holding a baby.

Neither gender is inferior, they are just better at slightly different things; women can raise a baby better than a man, and a man is better at punching things. It's a horrible shame that society forced women into a cultural hole for so long.

(BTW, periods are there so you don't have to die a painful death due to an infection/parasite getting into your womb and then multiplying very quickly, as wombs are the perfect place for things to grow in when they are a bunch of cells. Also, it means that people giving birth to five babies at once is a rare event.)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Pretty much. Longer life span, less likely to die as infants and less likely to get some genetic diseases. When it comes to female evolution and being screwed over we do have the fact that smaller cats and primates have lost the ability to reduce birthing pains. Now in that sense they are being screwed over.

Also men have the fortune of having a long urinary tract making some medical procedures incredibly painful and it also causes some serious problems if we get a urinary tract infection.

While we can have this discussion a million times and never find an answer everyone will agree on let's just agree on one thing. Evolution is not an etitiy. It doesn't screw anyone over. We have our advantages and we have our disadvantages. We're created by chance, random mutation, changing environment, selecetion and things like that.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Hey all they had to do was cook, clean, and make sure the kids go to school, but noooooo you all had to ruin that. Now you have to work your asses off outside the comfort of your home like the rest of us.

I know how bad they got it. I always put the toilet seat down and make dinner. I see the issues my wife gets and it makes me so happy I'm a guy. -tips hat- yes women go through a lot.

Oh but that whole multiple orgasm thing is a pretty good deal. I guess they had to at least attempt to even it out with something.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Phasmal said:
theonewhois3 said:
Not particularly. Longer lifespans. Society did screw over women, though.
Yeah, that.

Also, women have a higher pain tolerance than men, generally.
Periods are no big deal anyway. You get used to them.
It does come off as a little patronising, but I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Being a lady is just swell.
If I had a choice I would not choose to be a dude.
just on the pain tolerance thing, woman have twice the number of pain receptors, so while they can with stand the same level of pain as a man for a longer period of time they take about half as much to feel that pain.

More OT: men get higher risks of nearly all genetic diseases and infact have several that just effect them. Though in return average physical prowess and not having to push a baby out of you.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Vault101 said:
Durgiun said:
Suicidejim said:
Men have some of their most sensitive organs casually dangling down between their legs like a fun, low-hanging target for all. Also, we men have shorter lifespans on average, and are often at a higher risk for various conditions.

Considering what nature does to some creatures, the human female gets off rather lightly, I feel.

And men have shorter life-spans partly because we have shittier fucking jobs. First it was hunting in the wild, now its doing shitty, soul-crushing jobs.

.....or somthing
They have jobs, it's just that they tend to be easier than mens' jobs.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Durgiun said:
Vault101 said:
Durgiun said:
Suicidejim said:

.....or somthing
Do you honestly believe that?

Please, please, please say yes! That would be just precious!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Durgiun said:
[img/]http://www.deque.com/padam/img/are-you-kidding-me-meme-face.gif[/img]

[b/]people[/b] regardless of gender have a wonderful selection of shitty jobs if for whatever reason they have to do them

if thats what your talking about and not "ohhh boo hoo I'm a builder..its so haaaaaarrd *sob*" <- in that case should I feel sympathy? in my country there are alot of blue collar jobs than earn up to [i/]insane[/i] amounts of money...(if your in the mining industry) even then a tradie earns quite a bit..I'm sure some people even like a little physical work

[i/]yes[/i] if we are speaking generally men gravite towards the more labour intensive jobs because theyre natuall stronger and of coarse some of it may be cultural..thats not to say there aren't women who do them...

but alot of what people consider "bad" jobs make no gender distinction..like fast food

anyway....if youre being serious you need to be more specific

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Relish in Chaos said:
(I doubt there are as many disadvantages to having a large penis)
If only you knew.

Multiple orgasms. They're doing fine.
I lol'ed.

Because we all know that pleasure, skills and endurance all depend on the size of a penis.

*sigh*

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Supertegwyn said:
axlryder said:
Supertegwyn said:
Rose and Thorn said:
In my long, yet still young, walk through life, I have learnt many things, but one of those things.

Women are better. They are thoughtful, magestic, beautiful, intelligent, mature, calm. And what they may lack in certain degrees, they may make up for 10 fold in other things.

Sometimes I am ashamed to have been born a male, but thankful I was raised by women.

Men got the short end of the stick, men suck and every day I see this. Men aren't strong enough for child birth.
Wow, totally not generalizing there.

At all.

In any way.

*cough*
Considering how few and mild the responses have been to his comment, I honestly have to wonder how they might have differed if he replaced "woman" with "man".
I am really surprised that nobody has really responded to him. Comments like that generally don't pass around here.
Ok, ok, I'll bite...
1. Women are not better than men. They aren't worse either.
They are different.

2. Women are not "stronger" than men, because they can go through labor. The fact of the matter is, that a pregnant body KNOWS that it will inadvertently go through labour, so it prepares by storing a lot of hormones and neurotransmitter, which are released during childbirth to lessen the pain and get the brain a natural high.

So, women are able to go through childbirth because of brain-doping, not strenght, although I will admit that men are unable to perform the same feat, because they can't get pregnant, so their bodies don't need to be able to store said hormones for the event of childbirth.

And one more thing:
Men have higher pain threshold in general, as research will tell you.
http://bps-research-digest.blogspot.de/2007/11/ouch-men-have-higher-pain-threshold.html

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Bocaj2000 said:
Relish in Chaos said:
Let me clear up your ignorance for you. Women are equal to men in every way with the exception of reproduction related organs. CULTURE the only other thing that separates the sexes. Take a sociology course to understand why.

Biologically, mothers consider their body to be a gift (their child), but young adults consider it a curse (their period). It depends on who you ask and when.
Yeah, I realized I phrased it wrongly. I wasn't suggesting that men were better than women or anything, just that biology may've disadvantaged them to the point of contributing to how they're treated in society.

And talking of which, I actually am going to be taking Sociology in A-Levels, starting September.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I don't think any gender is really "better" physically than the other but women do have the ability to manipulate our minds with their bodies... Not that they do...

One thing I will say about this thread is that I've learned a little too much about orgasms...