Did Constantine Just Become A Slasher Film?

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Did Constantine Just Become A Slasher Film?

"A Whole World Out There" borrows a little too much from slasher films, but Matt Ryan still sells the hell(blazer) out of Constantine.

Read Full Article

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
The last half of the epusode really cemented this one as one of my favorites. Constantine pleading with Richie, loved it.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Iv enjoyed every episode so far I really hope it gets a season 2 as iv seen with many shows the first season has planty of origin and actors realizing there character better. Look at Arrow season 1 was meh but started getting great at very end and has been good sense.

Agents of Shield is also a good example.

I think it's hilarious how dispite smoking not allowed in NBC shows they have told that law to fuck off every episode with John lighting up.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Great episode!
I was really wondering at first if this was going to be THE house from the comics.
I don't remember what it's called, but it's a very useful safe haven in it's own dimension of sorts, filled with mysteries and it's capable of changing itself to fit certain needs.

I liked how the landscape kept changing as they talked in the end, and that Richie came back after all.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Ugh. The villain this week was NOT "literally Michael Meyer".

Firstly, it's Michael Myers.

Secondly, if it was "literally" Michael Myers, then it would have been Michael Myers himself running around the episode and it would have been an awesome crossover.

Even if you use the "dumb person" version of literally (i.e. not literally), it still shows a complete lack of knowledge of the genre he's trying to reference. Halloween was about a silent killer who stalked teenagers in the real world, which is NOTHING like the killer in this episode. Our baddie here was more of a hybrid between Freddy Krueger and the Candyman.

Can we get a review writer who has a basic grasp of the English language and some source material knowledge please??

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
WarpedLord said:

Secondly, if it was "literally" Michael Myers, then it would have been Michael Myers himself running around the episode and it would have been an awesome crossover.

Can we get a review writer who has a basic grasp of the English language please??
Reread my sentence again. I think you missed the "Even if".

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Fanghawk said:
WarpedLord said:

Can we get a review writer who has a basic grasp of the English language please??
Reread my sentence again. I think you missed the "Even if".
Heh. Oops! I read it in the same sense as "Even though". If that's not what you meant, then sorry! :)

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
Great episode!
I was really wondering at first if this was going to be THE house from the comics.
I don't remember what it's called, but it's a very useful safe haven in it's own dimension of sorts, filled with mysteries and it's capable of changing itself to fit certain needs.

I liked how the landscape kept changing as they talked in the end, and that Richie came back after all.
The House of Mystery, right? I suspect if anything, the safe house mostly fits that fairly well.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Fanghawk said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Great episode!

The House of Mystery, right? I suspect if anything, the safe house mostly fits that fairly well.
I'm thinking if we do get a second season (PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE), the safe house will get shunted off to a dimension similar to what we had in this episode, effectively becoming the House of Mystery.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So Constantine fought Freddy, and had a buddy dreammaster to reshape Freddy's house and cancel him out. Cool concept, very Inception. I liked it.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Constantine may very well be the best show on TV right now.
Until Game Of Thrones comes back on, I can't think of anything I'd call competition for it.

Potentially 12 Monkeys, but that's really still way too early to call.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I liked the episode a lot, but I was really annoyed by all the cliches with the students. The OP is right in that it was definitely a slasher movie made into an episode, I mean really, who does ballet in the dark?! Why wouldn't she turn on the lights?? Especially if she's creeped out by the boogieman over her shoulder? And her skeptical denial of the events seemed incredibly strained, given what actually happened to them.

But I did love how Richie took the reins of the dream realm and was like "Nope, I own this place now, cya later punk"

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Remus said:
So Constantine fought Freddy, and had a buddy dreammaster to reshape Freddy's house and cancel him out. Cool concept, very Inception. I liked it.
And Ritchie and John's Reason You Suck Speech to Shaw at the end there was icing on the cake. This show NEEDS another season!