Did Sony Help Build the 360's Processor?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
BloodSquirrel said:
And it's actually 7. One of the cores is disabled to improve chip yields.
As far as games programming on the PS3 is concerned, it's actually 6. One is reserved for the OS.

Blank__

Oct 9, 2008
Very cute, Mr. Squirrel. More personal attacks, more baseless claims. I provide evidence supporting my claims, you pretend like I don't understand what I'm writing about (If I didn't, why wouldn't I just believe your baseless claims and frown intelligently, nodding furiously at Sony's awful processor? Why would I write any of that?) You tell me more things I already know, pretending like I don't know them and somehow expressed this ignorance, all while being quite rude about it. You don't cite any sources, don't bring anything new to the table, and generally fail at explaining why I am, in fact, wrong. Not only that, but you further bring the discussion away from your original points -- points that were quite wrong.

Uh huh. Written OSs and designed processors, huh? Like I should believe that. Did I say I was a computer science student? I lied, I'm actually a 55-year old Japanese man who invented the Core 2 Duo and traveled back in time to found Sony, the English language, and assist the Polynesians move the 40+ ton moai on Rapa Nui. What? You don't believe that? Well, I'd love to offer proof, but proof on the internet is hilarious pointless, so we won't even bother with all that.

You started all this mess with an ill-founded remark on my intelligence and have proven that you will not progress beyond your insistence of being arrogant, condescending, and outright insulting. Again, you put no time into your posts, make no effort to provide evidence for your claims, and continually launch ad hominem fallacies into the thread, as if that bolsters your weak argument. If we were making progress of any sort, regardless of your poor behavior, I'd be willing to continue our dialogue. But since this won't happen, I wash my hands of this discussion.