Difficult "Kiddie" Games

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have never been able to beat Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. When she goes psycho, I die, plain and simple.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Difficult in mere completion or 100%ing? Lego Star Wars is a ***** to 100%, but easy to play.

Animorphs for the GBC in terms of gameplay. I could never get the fucking tiger.

shadow_pirate22

Aug 25, 2008
callaw said:
I have to say pokemon blue rescue team. There are a few dungeons on that game were you start the beging at level 1 with all of your items taken away, and they expect you to go though 100 floors of it with pokemon getting stronger every couple of floors.
This. Some of the dungeons are outrageously time-consuming, and I wouldn't be surprised if they expected you to suspend your game about 3 times. It's the whole "dying on the boss-reset from the start" thing that makes you tear your hair out.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Snowalker said:
First off, causal games, not kiddie, second they are designed with the intention of being difficult. Its like a puzzle vs a word problem. A puzzle is often consider to be for people of lesser intellect and word problems are considered to be for people of higher intelligence, however have you ever tried to solve a puzzle? it takes a long time, its not exactly hard but time consuming, word problems are often hard, but fast. Same principles apply to games.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the poster is in fact talking about games for children that, nevertheless, are disgustingly hard.

With that in mind...
Andaxay said:
The Lion King on the Sega Megadrive.
Bingo. Hardest game for kids ever.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
"Adult" games are generally easy as fuck. Gears of war? what a boring game. Now SUPER MONKEY BALL - hot damn, THAT'S a difficult game.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Any Mario game, really.
You talk of the 16-bit era. Even New Super Mario Bros. is teeth grittingly hard. (Fucking Hammer-throwers!)

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
AC10 said:
"Adult" games are generally easy as fuck. Gears of war? what a boring game. Now SUPER MONKEY BALL - hot damn, THAT'S a difficult game.
I do think that's because they know kids won't go on a killing spree after losing seventy-hyperbollilion times; It's all in good fun to them. To us the game just seems like a dick.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
lwm3398 said:
AC10 said:
I do think that's because they know kids won't go on a killing spree after losing seventy-hyperbollilion times; It's all in good fun to them. To us the game just seems like a dick.
Maybe I'm a masochist :p
It just feels amazing finally beating a really hard part or level. In Gears of War I never encountered a hard part or level. THOUGH I didn't play on insane, which I heard was... well, insane.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
The first Crash game was quite hard, but mostly because of the backwards save system. You can only save the game by completing a bonus level or perfecting a level but even that didn't work properly.

Also Croc, the camera on that was completly messed up. Was fun but it was too hard to get the jumps right.

Klonoa was really challenging too if you can call that a kids game :p

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
urgh76 said:
ShawnRiles said:
New Super Mario Bros Wii is kicking my ass currently.
....................................HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

sorry but that has to be one of the EASIEST mario games ever!!! not hard at all, im sorry
The game feels slippery, seems like you're going to land perfectly on that platform, BUT NOOOOO. It fucks you in the ass. The old ones were super easy.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Snowalker said:
First off, causal games, not kiddie, second they are designed with the intention of being difficult. Its like a puzzle vs a word problem. A puzzle is often consider to be for people of lesser intellect and word problems are considered to be for people of higher intelligence, however have you ever tried to solve a puzzle? it takes a long time, its not exactly hard but time consuming, word problems are often hard, but fast. Same principles apply to games.
Saying that all kiddie games are casual is kind of silly. Ever played Bignose the Caveman? That's a kiddy game. It's also fucking impossible and only the most fervent players can get past level three.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
RedMenace said:
UltimatheChosen said:
There was this Darkwing Duck game for Gameboy that I got a long time ago. I only figured out how to beat the third level a few weeks ago.
Bah! I've gotten all the way to the last boss back when I was 6. Fun times.
I just never realized I could drop through the moving platforms in the sewers, so I was trying to pull off some sheisty shenanigans by making platforms out of the sticky arrows.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
I can safely say that so-called "kiddie games" have given me much more of a challenge than so-called "hardcore games" ever have.

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
Super Mario Sunshine was an absolute ...

As was Dixie Kong's Double Trouble.

I am yet to have gotten past Tarzan in Kingdom Hearts. Alice in Wonderland was hard enough as it is...