Digging out ol' the PS2... Suggestions?

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
lilmisspotatoes said:
Alpha1089 said:
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Yessss. And let's not forget Odin Sphere.

Actually, anything Atlus has ever done is a good start.
Odin Sphere! There's one I've been wanting to play; Thanks!

Did those people also make the more recent Muramasa: the Demon Blade?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
saintchristopher said:
Aby_Z said:
Shadow of the Colossus. It's the definition of PS2 classic!
BlindMessiah94 said:
Shadow of the Colossus.
/thread
Ando3242 said:
There you go 3 Shadow of the Colossus recommendations in the span of 2 minutes. You can't go wrong.
Excellent choice guys, and to put your minds at rest, I have totally played Shadow of the Colossus. And Beyond Good and Evil, another a timeless classic.

Ico is the one game that my store never has. I'll have to track it down somehow.

Keep 'em coming!
It's incredibly rare, so good luck.
Also It's not an exclusive but Star Wars Battlefront II is always a ton of fun.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Obviously, Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. But then there's any Silent Hill game, the entire Sands of Time trilogy, Okami, MGS 2 and 3, and Twisted Metal Black.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
You really need suggestions for what to play on the console with probably the largest, strongest library ever, ever?

Just go to GameStop with two or three darts in hand, and throw them at the used wall.

saintchristopher

Aug 14, 2009
TheRocketeer said:
You really need suggestions for what to play on the console with probably the largest, strongest library ever, ever?

Just go to GameStop with two or three darts in hand, and throw them at the used wall.
Oh trust me, there are things in my store I'd love to throw two or three darts at; they're usually standing at the register next to me.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Am I the only one on this site that loves Drakengard? Two, not so much, but one was amazing.

EDIT: Saw you wanted PS1 games too, throw in a copy of Legend of Dragoon and you'll be set for a good long time, providing that you can find a copy.

Steeveeo

Sep 2, 2008
Drakan was a good one, [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakan:_The_Ancients%27_Gates] but I think it may help to play the first game on the PC beforehand in order to get the story (IF you can play it, that is, it's a DirectX 6 game).

dariuskyne

Oct 28, 2009
silent hill 1 since it's bacwards compatible!

i'd say the silent hill series supported on the ps2 in general but yeah 2 was the best.

i'd say add bard's tale, bully, gta vice city, xenosaga 1 and 2, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, monster rancher (gives you a reason to own too many cds and cd based games!), the suffering, manhunt... there really is a bunch of good games, mainly since you work at a gamestop, just pick and choose.

and i saw that okami was mentioned, and i second third and fourth the suggestion, a very fun game.

saintchristopher

Aug 14, 2009
dariuskyne said:
silent hill 1 since it's bacwards compatible!

i'd say the silent hill series supported on the ps2 in general but yeah 2 was the best.

i'd say add bard's tale, bully, gta vice city, xenosaga 1 and 2, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, monster rancher (gives you a reason to own too many cds and cd based games!), the suffering, manhunt... there really is a bunch of good games, mainly since you work at a gamestop, just pick and choose.
What is Bard's Tale all about? I've seen a copy floating around my store once or twice... is it RPG? Action/adventure?

dariuskyne

Oct 28, 2009
[quote="saintchristopher" post="9.187950.5771748
What is Bard's Tale all about? I've seen a copy floating around my store once or twice... is it RPG? Action/adventure?[/quote]

it's an isometric adventure type game, generally a hack and slash, but the snarky comments the main character says throughout is well worth the playthrough a couple times.

in general the voice acting is great, lots of fun jokes.

to quote wikipedia: The plot involves "a sardonic and opportunistic musician and adventurer, driven by carnal rather than noble pursuits. The Bard (who is never identified by a specific name) is not interested in saving the world, his humble motivations are strictly 'coin and cleavage.'" His quest is narrated by a mocking, biased man who cannot stand him (Narration is provided by Tony Jay.)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
Beyond Good and Evil.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Iko.
/thread

Unless I am missing one.
these and dont forget the PS2 Half Life box (have a friend to play Decay with)

foodmaniac

Mar 2, 2010
Most of the things I would say have already been mentioned, but lets add Devil May Cry 3 to the list. Sure it's frustrating as hell, but no don't get a better sense of accomplishment than beating the stuffing out of a chess set.

dariuskyne

Oct 28, 2009
saintchristopher said:
dariuskyne said:
(Narration is provided by Tony Jay.)
You've officially convinced me.
other voice actor list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411146/

lol, it is a good game, i mainly have it around for when i have a bad day and just want something to cheer me up

side note if you ever wanted to know who did what voice in a game, internet movie database (www.imdb.com) has almost all of them.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus
The Sly Cooper games
Armored Core PS2 Titles
The old Spyro games (PS1)
God of War