Dino D-Day: The Best World War II Shooter Ever

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Dino D-Day: The Best World War II Shooter Ever

To hell with zombies - World War II would have been so much more awesome if Hitler had brought back the freakin' dinosaurs.

The overdone World War II FPS has become such a running joke in the industry and gaming press that it's actually kind of bold for a company - especially a smaller company - to actually make a new one. How can you possibly make goose-stepping, Sieg-Heiling Nazis interesting again?

Answer: You give them Tyrannosaurus Rexes.

Dino D-Day is a FPS slated for release in 2010, where the player is in the shoes of famous-paleontologist-turned-soldier Sgt. Jack Hardgrave fighting in the Northern African campaign of the Second World War. Of course, in real life, the Allies in the African theater just had to contend with the military mind of Erwin Rommel. In Dino D-Day, the Nazis have resurrected the dinosaurs.

While the game will see a commercial release of its own, the developers have apparently released a teaser Half-Life 2 mod [http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/halflife2/mod/33733.html?details=1]. I haven't downloaded it yet, and I don't know if it's any good, but I do know that this is the best idea ever. Seriously, why has it taken game designers so long to come up with "Hey, what if Hitler had a pet Deinonychus?"

(Kokugamer [http://kokugamer.com/2009/11/16/hitler-dinosaurs-half-life-2-oh-my/])

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
I don't think it'll be a good game, but I hope it is, really, really hope it is.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

Who the hell put my two favourite things together? I want to bum them.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
WrongSprite said:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

I don't know what that means, but I'm scared...

OT:
Hmm...I might play it if the dino's were zombies and the Nazi's were werewolf-aliens. I mean hey, if you're going to mix crazy shit like this, why half-ass it?

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
This is the best idea ever.

It's just too bad that fps games need to have crazy shit like this to be considered original.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
feather240 said:
As long as there's no- JESUS CHRIST RAPTORS!
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins! Do not mock his sacrifice!

That said I think there is still a lot you can do with World War II based games, without reaching for things like this. Albeit I don't think the world is quite ready to abandon political correctness enough to give the genere a real breath of fresh air.

Unless the Dinosaurs are REALLY exagerrated, I see no real point when you have tanks and planes.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
It's probably going to suck, but if it is done well, it just might be the greatest WWII game ever.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
This...

This is awesome.

I hope it turns out to be a functional shooter, because if it ends up being really bad like Darkest of Days, I'd be most disappointed.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
most likely going to be, if not horrible then disappointing, but i will still pre order it off steam, aslong as i get to use a rocket launcher or some other weapon whit splash damage to kill a dinosaur and some nazis at the same time it will be alright.

Pilot Bush

Aug 20, 2009
WHAT IN THE FUCK?
Excellent someone finally told the generic WW2 FPS to fuck right off and made something unique

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
It's like the concept of the game exudes an aura of awesome so badass that all the posts in this thread became more badass as a result.

Proof. [http://www.boobsandexplosions.org]

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
...holy hell. That sounds god damn amazing, even if it is a generic WWII shooter, the fact that it's doing things this outlandish have sealed the Nazi's as histories "what if" fictional supervillains!

I'd like to express my thoughts on this concept, but I think Seto Kaiba said it best when he said: "Fuuuuuu-"

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
O_O Ok, I am so playing this when it comes out just for the sake of it. If it's bad, then I'll have myself a good laugh. If it's good, then sweeeeeet.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
PLEASE be good

Make it a Survivial thing...where you have to use teamwork to take down big dinosaurs and try and kill raptors and the like before they reach you

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'm so gonna buy this game. And who here remembers Dino Crisis?

(Great, now I have the Jurassic Park theme music stuck in my head... dah da, dah da, Der daaaaah der da da DAAAA!!!)

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
But what if...

... what if this turns out to be Treyarch's "big idea" for Call of Duty 7?

Either way, it's worth a go.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Dinosaurs make everything better.

FACT.

So I'll be looking forward to this.

Mar 16, 2009
WAIT! That article earlier had a rumor about Activision getting a new developer to work on Call of Duty... maybe this is what they're doing!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Oh.

My.

God.

This is pure fucking genius. I am totally getting this game.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
That...is...awesome. Seriously, whoever came up with that idea give them a freakin' medal or something.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Treblaine said:
But what if... what if this turns out to be Treyarch's "big idea" for Call of Duty 7?
If that is the case, then Treyarch has officially become more awesome than IW.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
You know, as tired and worn out as WW2 is...
And since most D-day shooters are, storm a beach....take down Berlin...

I accually want to see this. Now... not gonna shell out 60 bucks, but when it drops oh yeah.
Least give the Allies Dino's to, or Saber tooth tigers.

None for the French, as all their Dinos surrendered two weeks into the war.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
(sigh)
The developers have obviously been watching the mod community a bit too much.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Seriously, why has it taken game designers so long to come up with "Hey, what if Hitler had a pet
They came up with it a long time ago, they were just waiting to release it until they were sure they had milked every cent out of both normal nazis and nazi-zombies.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Yes. Yes. YES! This is how you take a tired, overdone genre and give it new life! Dinosaurs!

This also means that the walls of WW2 reality are burring enough... To get our Spider-riding Mecha-Hitler!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I can just think of what the developers were thinking.
"Hmm... How can we make Nazis even more menacing?"
"I know! How about we make them ride a FUCKING DINOSAUR!?!?!"

DazZ.

Jun 4, 2009
I missed out on dinosaur games such as Dino Crisis, not sure why I think I was still hung up on zombies from RE.

This will be good.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
As long as this isn't some boring "Go infiltrate secret compond where the Nazi's are developing some SECRET WEAPONS." Oh look, its dinosaurs charging down a narrow corridor at you, how scary.

I want to see a genetically modified T-Rex bite the main gun off a Sherman tank or, conversely, see a Sherman tank blow a hole through said T-Rex.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Gigaguy64 said:
Now we need a WWII shooter featuring the Godzilla monsters.
Or maybe just a war game where you play as the JSDF and fight the Godzilla monsters? And in the last level you play as Kiryu and have to kill the king himself! /imaginative nerd

OT:So yeah, I've decided what the game of the year for 2010 will be.

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
I hope the Nazi Dinos were nazi uniforms and have all the other crazy stuff like that. I want this game right now also.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Therumancer said:
That said I think there is still a lot you can do with World War II based games, without reaching for things like this. Albeit I don't think the world is quite ready to abandon political correctness enough to give the genere a real breath of fresh air.
Namely? How does political correctness affect this over-saturation at all? We've yet to bring out such "potential classics" as "The Sims: Concentration Camp"? "Call of Duty: Kritzkrieg"? "Cooking Mama: Hitler Edition"? We've played Allies, Nazis, Pacific front, the entire European front, Russian front... We've had magic, zombies, robots, mutants and aliens involved... We've had silly and gritty... We've played as soldiers, spies, tank commanders, pilots and even generals...

What is honestly missing? I don't remember any other entire genre that has been this explored, this abused... What is there left to do? Between all the games, series and movies, the remakes of D-Day alone are bigger than the entire fucking war was.

I suppose this sort of sums my feelings towards this. Dinosaurs in a shooter... Can be cool, yes, interesting... Hasn't been very explored yet, Turok and Dino Crysis certainly left room to mess with. Why the fuck is it WWII AGAIN...? Is it ALL for the inevitable "moneyshot" of a T-rex or group of raptors with swastikas?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Caliostro said:
Therumancer said:
Namely? How does political correctness affect this over-saturation at all? We've yet to bring out such "potential classics" as "The Sims: Concentration Camp"? "Call of Duty: Kritzkrieg"? "Cooking Mama: Hitler Edition"? We've played Allies, Nazis, Pacific front, the entire European front, Russian front... We've had magic, zombies, robots, mutants and aliens involved... We've had silly and gritty... We've played as soldiers, spies, tank commanders, pilots and even generals...

What is honestly missing? I don't remember any other entire genre that has been this explored, this abused... What is there left to do? Between all the games, series and movies, the remakes of D-Day alone are bigger than the entire fucking war was.

I suppose this sort of sums my feelings towards this. Dinosaurs in a shooter... Can be cool, yes, interesting... Hasn't been very explored yet, Turok and Dino Crysis certainly left room to mess with. Why the fuck is it WWII AGAIN...? Is it ALL for the inevitable "moneyshot" of a T-rex or group of raptors with swastikas?

Remember the suggested "Seven Days In Fallujah" game? A game that wanted to approach the subject of war "realistically" in sort of the fashion of a Survival Horror game?

In general, the overwhelming majority of WW II games take a huge "Allies, are shining white knights, the Nazis are horrible over the top evil". Granted there have been some takes trying to be more realistic than others with you know lots of mud, and some shades of gray that were within permissable levels. All basicall reinforcing the image of World War II as "the last good war" but at the same time causing people to forget what it is to really fight.

If you were to say make a game about the final days of Berlin with the allies engaging the Volkssturm, slaughtering civilians, and doing all of the kinds of things we did but pretend we didn't (and only exist in old photographs that you usually have to request books of if you even know the titles), I think you could give the genere a rather unique spin, and then that spin could be re-explored in all the supernatural stuff.

What's more the whole "Nazis bad" thing is taken to extremes. You could for example do a game portraying characters as being part of Hitler's occult forces fighting supernatural menaces just as much as his guys could be "devil worshippers out to support the reich with black magic" or whatever today's spin on it is. The war of course largely being a backdrop.

You could also do a game all about recovering artworks and such. While not politically correct to "remember", it should be noted that one of the things that fueled the Holocaust was the way a lot of lost treasures and such were being pulled out of the vaults of Synagogues and off the estates of wealthy jewish landlords (among other things). A lot of the collections currently held by museums actually owe the Nazis a large debt for recovering this stuff, and once in a while you hear about a suit being brough up demanding some museum or other "return" an art treasure to a Jewish family whose ancestors "stole it first" for all intents and purposes. Issues about various items of antinquity being "bathed in jewish blood" exist for this reason.

The point is that the Nazis WERE bad, and we were generally the good guys. But they were not AS bad as is claimed, nor were we AS good. You don't need to create a concentration camp sim, or anything that ridiculous. You can however see a lot of story potential in the gray areas that people are afraid to explore.

I simply think nobody has the guts to go there and stick to their guns.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
lvl9000_woot said:
WrongSprite said:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

OT:
Hmm...I might play it if the dino's were zombies and the Nazi's were werewolf-aliens. I mean hey, if you're going to mix crazy shit like this, why half-ass it?
you know this reminds me of that one movie
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IF-pUE6gX_Y/STtL8OWL0FI/AAAAAAAAAis/WY_-BZjAudk/s400/Nazi%2BDemon.jpg
oh yea werewolf in londen...man most fucked up seen ever
I'll explain the scene
First hes bitten by a werewolf and survives he goes to a hospitol and falls asleep

This is where it gets weird. He has a dream that werewolf nazi zombies are attacking his family. Then he wakes up after getting his throat slit the nurse comes in going "whats wrong?" then she opens up a window curtain and ANOTHER freaking werewolf nazi zombie comes through the curtain. He wakes up again then he looks over to his left and sees a zombiefied version of his best friend and he wasn't dreaming.

here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4a7109DEZg&feature=player_embedded

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I don't know whether I should facepalm, or high five someone.
I'm high-fiving my facepalm

This will be the most awesome thing ever. Just when you think WWII has gotten boring they make fucking DINOSAURS!

Mr.Governor

Nov 10, 2009
Remember the suggested "Seven Days In Fallujah" game? A game that wanted to approach the subject of war "realistically" in sort of the fashion of a Survival Horror game?

In general, the overwhelming majority of WW II games take a huge "Allies, are shining white knights, the Nazis are horrible over the top evil". Granted there have been some takes trying to be more realistic than others with you know lots of mud, and some shades of gray that were within permissable levels. All basicall reinforcing the image of World War II as "the last good war" but at the same time causing people to forget what it is to really fight.

If you were to say make a game about the final days of Berlin with the allies engaging the Volkssturm, slaughtering civilians, and doing all of the kinds of things we did but pretend we didn't (and only exist in old photographs that you usually have to request books of if you even know the titles), I think you could give the genere a rather unique spin, and then that spin could be re-explored in all the supernatural stuff.

What's more the whole "Nazis bad" thing is taken to extremes. You could for example do a game portraying characters as being part of Hitler's occult forces fighting supernatural menaces just as much as his guys could be "devil worshippers out to support the reich with black magic" or whatever today's spin on it is. The war of course largely being a backdrop.

You could also do a game all about recovering artworks and such. While not politically correct to "remember", it should be noted that one of the things that fueled the Holocaust was the way a lot of lost treasures and such were being pulled out of the vaults of Synagogues and off the estates of wealthy jewish landlords (among other things). A lot of the collections currently held by museums actually owe the Nazis a large debt for recovering this stuff, and once in a while you hear about a suit being brough up demanding some museum or other "return" an art treasure to a Jewish family whose ancestors "stole it first" for all intents and purposes. Issues about various items of antinquity being "bathed in jewish blood" exist for this reason.

The point is that the Nazis WERE bad, and we were generally the good guys. But they were not AS bad as is claimed, nor were we AS good. You don't need to create a concentration camp sim, or anything that ridiculous. You can however see a lot of story potential in the gray areas that people are afraid to explore.

I simply think nobody has the guts to go there and stick to their guns.
Cool story,bro

dodokiller88

Dec 25, 2008
I feel obligated to mention that while Nazis + Dinosaurs is a fairly original idea, "Time Gentlemen, Please!" has goose-stepping nazi-robot-dinosaurs a plenty.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
I downloaded the mod like a week ago, it wasn't all that great, lots of glitches, very linear gameplay, stupid enemy AI, only 3 weapons, and no voice overs.

But it is still a teaser, so the full game could be pretty cool, or it could be a Wolfenstien clone with Zombies instead of ghosts.

Mod download (requires a Source engine game)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dino-d-day/news/dino-d-day-the-mod-released

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I have said for years that just randomly mixing two completely different things, that are in no way realted or rooted in reality, would make for interesting gameplay.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
This could be good, fingers are crossed they don't frak it up.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
This would be cool, but the trailer I saw over at the Shack a few weeks ago was really ugly, like really really ugly. It did not look good at all, it's cool they have a new-ish setting but if they can't make a fun game, I really don't care.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Dude YES! Just... just YES!

I seriously hope this spawns a "historical events with dinosaurs" sub genre.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
Who else has already decided that they're going to buy this game based on the premise alone?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
This may be the first WW2 shooter I buy (<--paleontology franatic). I'll be completely sold on the idea if we can ride the dinosaurs like vehicles.

Also, I'm surprised someone actually mentioned a Deinonychus, other than the makers of Jurassic Park when they're deciding what to call a Velociraptor...

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Does anyone here wonder what the multiplayer will be like?

I think this could be the new standard for video games if done right.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I got a T-Rex on my back!

OT: I'm going to buy this if I can.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
I sure hope this is the fuckin' bomb. Cause then it opens up a whole bunch of awesome combo possibilities. I'm not taking too big a leap here, but how about:

Space Marines and Dragons.

Thanks, you can polish my balls later.

Sep 5, 2009
So...beautiful. :,)

But why stop there? Throw in some cowboys, ninjas, cyborgs, pirates, and interdimensional horrors while you're at it.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
lvl9000_woot said:
WrongSprite said:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

OT:
Okay, so imagine this hand is an anus, and this finger is a penis...

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Oh god, when will the gaming industry ever stop milking the tyranny and territorial ambitions of one Adolf Hitler.
The man made a smart choice when he shot himself in that bunker...I'd hate to see the way his franchise has been handled.

Don't we have Turok for dino-massacre shooting sprees?
I'm not all that keen on fighting Nazi dinosaurs.

I'd love to see US Army calling in artillery at the Battle of the Bulge to stop an incoming Stegosaurus charge.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
This game will be as if Turok, Wolfenstein 3D and Brothers In Arms had a child together as a result of a 3-way that both fathers DNA combined an- I'll stop there.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The idea sounds crazy and zany and yet I can't help but be intrigued by the premise. I hope it's good, it'll certainly be fresh... that's for sure.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
.... as fairly weird and odd and not to say History-Teacher-Head-Scratching-and-Whining-inducing as this game might be...........

HELL YEA!!!! X3 Moar crazy stuff like that, please!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Hehe i like games that are fun and bring something new, other than the generic thousands. I want a game about WW 1 for starters, then something crazy like riding a huge spider and shooting umbrellas out of cannons made of rose petals!

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I don't know what to make of this.
On one hand, I love anything to do with dinosaurs. So it should be awesome.
On the other, it sounds too off-the-wall to work as an FPS.

I'll have to wait before I decide whether to get it or not...

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
if at any point in this game, you see a pterodactyl take down a fighter pilot, i am buying this game

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Allies doing a tank rush to find out its a fucking herd of T-rex's!?
THIS IS FULL OF MOTHERFRAKING WIN.
Whoever thought of this idea deserves a fucking cookie!

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
two words nazi squirrels

http://robertbonnett.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hitler-squirrel.jpg

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
lvl9000_woot said:
WrongSprite said:
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

OT:
cause if you did do all that shit it would no longer be world war 2 and would become werewolf aliens with swasticas

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Therumancer said:
feather240 said:

Unless the Dinosaurs are REALLY exagerrated, I see no real point when you have tanks and planes.
I'd go with its scary.

What would be scarier....

A brown tank

or

OVER 9000 VELOCIRAPTORS!

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
wouldnt it be more fun to play as hitler with an army of nazis/dinosaurs?

it could be a kinda FPS game (cause obv hitler joined in every battle) but you could command large squadrens of nazis/dinosaurs...

that what i wanna play :)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Yes. Best idea ever. Definitely getting this.

I want the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan done with dinosaurs.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Marq said:
Yes. Best idea ever. Definitely getting this.

I want the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan done with dinosaurs.
If that happns we'd end up with DLC missions like "Black Terradactyl Down" or "The Miracle of St. -holy crap that thing is eating my face"

Avernus

Jun 10, 2009
Pure undiluted awesome!

Ok... so the new counter to concentrated dug-in infantry... Armored Triceratops... with flamethrowers.

Edit: Wow.. I decided to do an image search right after posting this.

http://1.media.tumblr.com/fzXQMoVHFofsjx7aRHPOuLLvo1_400.jpg

Pretty damn close.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
oh my god, possibly THE most epic idea ever..

i mean..

this is what gamers want right? brutal violence with rediculously massive dangerous animals which are nazis

i must have it.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
It better be better than Stalin VS Martians I heard that was awful.

Prehaps it'll just be an ultra awesome version of Turok?

Anyway I usually think of any villain und their cronies in games as Nazis so I'm not really phazed.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I played the mod, its really not that great.

Maybe if in the full version infinite enemies dont jump you from everywhere then it will be alright, but seriously... when a triceratops is charging you down and you're fighting for your life against it, the last thing you need is infinite soldiers attacking your ass.

Really the mod is not that good at all... the only redeeming quality is the letters you get from hitler explaining the controls and such. They're somewhat comical in a weird way.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Therumancer said:
feather240 said:

I'd go with its scary.

What would be scarier....

A brown tank

or

OVER 9000 VELOCIRAPTORS!

I'd rather have the tank. I'd meet the 9000 Raptors head on and simply not hit the brakes (bump, bump, bump). Granted we'd be picking pieces out of the treads for a while afterwards but still... Raptors would only be scary to infantry.

T-Rex? One shell should do the trick there.

Unusually serious answer given the comments, but still... the idea just seems ridiculous to me. I mean think about it, with the damage bombs were doing to things like the German industrial complex (from planes), and the focus on tanks, I really don't think Dinosaurs would matter. World War II shooters and such aside, the war really wasn't won by infantry until the very end. One of the things that makes the war distinctive was that it was an arms race as much as anything, and truthfully all the time spent on developing Dinosaurs or even Zombie troops would be better spent on developing better tanks and planes.

So let's say I was Hitler, and on one hand I've got the Evil Nazi Geneticist with his brain under a plexiglass dome, he wants to resurrect Dinosaurs. On the other hand I've got the evil Nazi sorceror who wanders around 24/7 in a gas mask/submission hood who wants to appeal to the elder gods and summon an army of zombies. Then I've got some regular old mechanical genius who can make me faster and more efficient tanks, planes, and boats.

I don't have endless resources, and really one of my problems is logistics to begin with. I mean I have to feed and supply my troops, and there are issues with transporting a bunch of giant lizards never mind feeding them. Plus being designed for tropical enviroments it's not like I can use them when I need to go after the Russians, and in no way is that going to help me in a war increasingly being decided by naval power. The Zombies are cute, and it fits with my occult hard on, they don't have to eat, and aren't going to be affected by the cold, but they are effectively mindless and getting them under cover when people drop bombs is going to be a pain. I mean it's not like you can really get a zombie to understand the concept of "cover" and to give them orders would take constant micromanagement. On the other hand the industrialist who says "hey let's build this massive Battleship, called the Bismarck and use it to terrorize the navies of our enemies" and "Let's build better planes to shoot down their planes and make sure we can bomb and they can't" or even "let's build better tanks to kill their tanks and destroy the infantry" and can provide evidence that what he can produce is better than what the enemy has and (allegedly) we'll get it out there faster... well that could very well win the war.

Not meaning to be a downer, but sometime if you ever think about large scale comic book villainy it's pretty silly when you think about the big picture and what your going to do with it.

I'm one of those guys who for example think that someone is more likely to develop a Keith Laumer style "Bolo" long before super soldier projects or personal powered armor.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I agree with the last post, perhaps US civil war era and dinos could work but alas the weaponry sucks.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
The Nazi's tryed everything in fiction. Demons (Hellboy), Aliens (a film that passes my memory at the moment), robots, ninjas, demons, vampires you bet! (I kind of want to play Bloodrayne now..)

Add some Dinos in there and it will be epic. Just hope they dont flunk like Legendary did. I loved the idea of a FPS with mythology.. but oh God.. OH GOD I HATED THAT GAME

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
A couple of obvious things are really, really right with this:

1. Hitler would've been crazy enough to try it, except... (see below)
2. Back then, everyone thought dinosaurs were cold-blooded and used their tails as a weight support.
3. They would be under the command of Erwin Rommel (mentioned in the original post). I suggest you look him up.
4. Some very good dinosaur fossils have come from Germany.
5. Genghis Khan had velociraptors, so why not?

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
awww, isnt that cute? this is going to be the best thing ever. they should make a sequel where the Nazis has allies from fuckin´ space.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I just might buy this if it turns out to be any good. I mean, the Allies vs Rommel's Afrika Korps and a few dinos? That's a dream come true.

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
OH MY GOD

THIS, my friends, IS THE PROOF..

OF A GOD.

Seriously though, fucking T-Rexes?! With Nazis!? I WILL BE GETTING THIS. If I have to KILL someone for it.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Hitler loved animals apparently. I think it's a perfect fit.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Everything with Dino`s is generally cool :D
I think this might turn out to be a good way of relaxing. Or might accidentaly turn into a survival horror for lone soldiers in africa who try to escape the teeth of a T-Rex who ambushed them :D (ambush?)
I mean with all the history accurate games its fun to see someone is thinking outside the box. aAnd we have had mixed up WW2 games . . . so its not like its un-heard of :D

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Populus89 said:
This is the best idea ever.

It's just too bad that fps games need to have crazy shit like this to be considered original.
they are original because of that. or would you rather see another power armoured space marine, but with a moustache!