Dino D-Day: The Best World War II Shooter Ever

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
oh my god, possibly THE most epic idea ever..

i mean..

this is what gamers want right? brutal violence with rediculously massive dangerous animals which are nazis

i must have it.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
It better be better than Stalin VS Martians I heard that was awful.

Prehaps it'll just be an ultra awesome version of Turok?

Anyway I usually think of any villain und their cronies in games as Nazis so I'm not really phazed.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I played the mod, its really not that great.

Maybe if in the full version infinite enemies dont jump you from everywhere then it will be alright, but seriously... when a triceratops is charging you down and you're fighting for your life against it, the last thing you need is infinite soldiers attacking your ass.

Really the mod is not that good at all... the only redeeming quality is the letters you get from hitler explaining the controls and such. They're somewhat comical in a weird way.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Therumancer said:
feather240 said:
As long as there's no- JESUS CHRIST RAPTORS!
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins! Do not mock his sacrifice!

That said I think there is still a lot you can do with World War II based games, without reaching for things like this. Albeit I don't think the world is quite ready to abandon political correctness enough to give the genere a real breath of fresh air.

Unless the Dinosaurs are REALLY exagerrated, I see no real point when you have tanks and planes.
I'd go with its scary.

What would be scarier....

A brown tank

or

OVER 9000 VELOCIRAPTORS!

I'd rather have the tank. I'd meet the 9000 Raptors head on and simply not hit the brakes (bump, bump, bump). Granted we'd be picking pieces out of the treads for a while afterwards but still... Raptors would only be scary to infantry.

T-Rex? One shell should do the trick there.

Unusually serious answer given the comments, but still... the idea just seems ridiculous to me. I mean think about it, with the damage bombs were doing to things like the German industrial complex (from planes), and the focus on tanks, I really don't think Dinosaurs would matter. World War II shooters and such aside, the war really wasn't won by infantry until the very end. One of the things that makes the war distinctive was that it was an arms race as much as anything, and truthfully all the time spent on developing Dinosaurs or even Zombie troops would be better spent on developing better tanks and planes.

So let's say I was Hitler, and on one hand I've got the Evil Nazi Geneticist with his brain under a plexiglass dome, he wants to resurrect Dinosaurs. On the other hand I've got the evil Nazi sorceror who wanders around 24/7 in a gas mask/submission hood who wants to appeal to the elder gods and summon an army of zombies. Then I've got some regular old mechanical genius who can make me faster and more efficient tanks, planes, and boats.

I don't have endless resources, and really one of my problems is logistics to begin with. I mean I have to feed and supply my troops, and there are issues with transporting a bunch of giant lizards never mind feeding them. Plus being designed for tropical enviroments it's not like I can use them when I need to go after the Russians, and in no way is that going to help me in a war increasingly being decided by naval power. The Zombies are cute, and it fits with my occult hard on, they don't have to eat, and aren't going to be affected by the cold, but they are effectively mindless and getting them under cover when people drop bombs is going to be a pain. I mean it's not like you can really get a zombie to understand the concept of "cover" and to give them orders would take constant micromanagement. On the other hand the industrialist who says "hey let's build this massive Battleship, called the Bismarck and use it to terrorize the navies of our enemies" and "Let's build better planes to shoot down their planes and make sure we can bomb and they can't" or even "let's build better tanks to kill their tanks and destroy the infantry" and can provide evidence that what he can produce is better than what the enemy has and (allegedly) we'll get it out there faster... well that could very well win the war.

Not meaning to be a downer, but sometime if you ever think about large scale comic book villainy it's pretty silly when you think about the big picture and what your going to do with it.

I'm one of those guys who for example think that someone is more likely to develop a Keith Laumer style "Bolo" long before super soldier projects or personal powered armor.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I agree with the last post, perhaps US civil war era and dinos could work but alas the weaponry sucks.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
The Nazi's tryed everything in fiction. Demons (Hellboy), Aliens (a film that passes my memory at the moment), robots, ninjas, demons, vampires you bet! (I kind of want to play Bloodrayne now..)

Add some Dinos in there and it will be epic. Just hope they dont flunk like Legendary did. I loved the idea of a FPS with mythology.. but oh God.. OH GOD I HATED THAT GAME

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
A couple of obvious things are really, really right with this:

1. Hitler would've been crazy enough to try it, except... (see below)
2. Back then, everyone thought dinosaurs were cold-blooded and used their tails as a weight support.
3. They would be under the command of Erwin Rommel (mentioned in the original post). I suggest you look him up.
4. Some very good dinosaur fossils have come from Germany.
5. Genghis Khan had velociraptors, so why not?

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
awww, isnt that cute? this is going to be the best thing ever. they should make a sequel where the Nazis has allies from fuckin´ space.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I just might buy this if it turns out to be any good. I mean, the Allies vs Rommel's Afrika Korps and a few dinos? That's a dream come true.

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
OH MY GOD

THIS, my friends, IS THE PROOF..

OF A GOD.

Seriously though, fucking T-Rexes?! With Nazis!? I WILL BE GETTING THIS. If I have to KILL someone for it.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Hitler loved animals apparently. I think it's a perfect fit.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Everything with Dino`s is generally cool :D
I think this might turn out to be a good way of relaxing. Or might accidentaly turn into a survival horror for lone soldiers in africa who try to escape the teeth of a T-Rex who ambushed them :D (ambush?)
I mean with all the history accurate games its fun to see someone is thinking outside the box. aAnd we have had mixed up WW2 games . . . so its not like its un-heard of :D

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok please don't be like Turok...