Director: No Post-Credits Scene on Marvel's Guardians Until Opening Night

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Mike Hoffman said:
Also, Avengers did something similar, right? The movie had even opened internationally but they still waited to the last second to film and add the shawarma scene. Even my friend who worked at the theater and saw the film early said he checked and there was no stinger at the end. It was filmed so late, Chris Evans had a goatee for another role and had to cover his mouth during the scene.
Avengers already had a mid-credits stinger though, which was the only planned one. The shawarma scene was not planned, and only happened because the guys were still in costume when they went to eat after the last day of filming and someone had a hand camera. It was more or less 100% impromptu and added in post production, which is why the film quality is noticeably different, there are no visual effects, and no real dialogue. They just filmed hungry actors eating dinner and made money off it >.<

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Mike Hoffman said:
Also, Avengers did something similar, right? The movie had even opened internationally but they still waited to the last second to film and add the shawarma scene. Even my friend who worked at the theater and saw the film early said he checked and there was no stinger at the end. It was filmed so late, Chris Evans had a goatee for another role and had to cover his mouth during the scene.
Avengers already had a mid-credits stinger though, which was the only planned one. The shawarma scene was not planned, and only happened because the guys were still in costume when they went to eat after the last day of filming and someone had a hand camera. It was more or less 100% impromptu and added in post production, which is why the film quality is noticeably different, there are no visual effects, and no real dialogue. They just filmed hungry actors eating dinner and made money off it >.<
If that's true, why does the restaurant have debris all over the place (as if, for example, a massively destructive event just happened in the area)?

This site [http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-ending-post-credits-scenes-rob-170028/] says it was filmed after the premier and added as an extra joke for the theatrical release, to follow up Stark's "Let's get some shawarma" line.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Personally I don't really care if they'd shown it as it has been incredibly easy to avoid spoilers of those things in the past.
It'll be interesting to see what it is though. I'm really looking forward to this movie. God I hope it's good and also does well.
DeimosMasque said:
RatGouf said:
They did change actors for the Hulk so it's not entirely impossible for Red Skull to return.

SeeDarkly_Xero

Jan 24, 2014
octafish said:
Machine Man introduction would tie in nicely to Age of Ultron...
Machine Man might fit better into the Agents of SHIELD show more than a movie. I wouldn't even count on a passing mention of Aaron Stack or X-51 in the films.