Discuss and Rate the Last Thing You Watched (non-movies)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Luke had a pretty good amount of time to train with Yoda.
The Falcon’s hyperdrive, later retconed to primary hyperdrive, was busted so they couldn’t get from Hoth to Bespin quickly.

If the two planets were in the same planetary system and the Falcon had to make it on sublight speed, even assuming they could reach .5 c, it would be weeks if not months of travel.

And using the retcon of a slower, less effective backup hyperdrive it would take longer to jump from Hoth to Bespin than with the main drive.

Either way, Luke spent far linger training with Yoda than “a couple hours”.
Um, no, light takes about 5.5 to get from the sun to Pluto. Going at half light speed they can get from one side of a planetary system to another in a matter of days, not months. Though, I thought in the film the probably was more of limited range than speed.
I didn't get the impression that Han and Leia spent more than a few hours on the Falcon together at that time. I tell myself it might be like Interstellar, the part where an hour on the planet is like 10 years for the rest of the Universe but in reverse. So Luke on that planet for everyone else felt like a day, but for him ten years or so. Course, were that the case, he would be loathe to ever visit Yoda there again.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Watched Season 1 of Dominion

Rating 4/5

You remember the film Legion right? The edgy one with the Angels trying to wipe out humanity? No? Don't worry this series doesn't really remember it either so changes a fair few points to make it work better.

Premise:

25 years ago God left heaven. The Angels blamed humanity believing God was so disappointed in his creation he'd chosen to leave to go elsewhere rather than watch Humanity carry on as it was. The archangel Gabriel decided the solution was to genocide humanity as god had done before with the great flood with many of the lower ranks of angels joining him. While only higher angels could take form on earth the lower angels were able to possess human hosts and vastly enhance their host natural physicality endurance. The archangel Michael chose to stand against Gabriel believing humanity was worth saving. During the initial war between humanity and angels Michael helped deliver a child who it is said would inherit and be able to read Gods last message to his creations before vanishing and it's prophesied will determine the fate of humanity.

Now: Gabriel is amassing a new army to wipe out the scattered remains of humanity in scattered settlements with wastelands between inhabited only by possessed humans ready to kill any non possessed human on site and a few human survivors who haven't joined any of the major settlements. Who is the chosen one and will they be able to read God last message and lead humanity to salvation?

Thoughts: It's Game of Thrones political machinations with the Walking Dead esc threat of hordes of possessed humans mostly focussing on New Vega which is very much not a democracy and run by a lord of the city and his councillors with a strict numbered social order in place. It's a really cool if somewhat edgy (which I like) show that asks how people would react having learned angels are reel and most of them want humanity dead.

Gabirel being a great slimy almost pantomime villain you love to hate because he oozes evil and in the face of God just going missing he's so clearly chosen the evil path in how he's chosen to react to it.

It's hard to say much more without spoiling some of the twists but it's late 90's Early 2000s level edgy nihilism stuff in a SYFY series from 2014 where archangels have orgies.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I didn't get the impression that Han and Leia spent more than a few hours on the Falcon together at that time. I tell myself it might be like Interstellar, the part where an hour on the planet is like 10 years for the rest of the Universe but in reverse. So Luke on that planet for everyone else felt like a day, but for him ten years or so. Course, were that the case, he would be loathe to ever visit Yoda there again.
They were on the Falcon long enough for the Empire to figure out where they were going, get to Bespin, take control of Cloud City and lay a trap for Luke and the others.

Reactions: gorfias