Disgruntled PS3 Owner Starts Black Ops Refund Petition

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
The petition starter said that the PS3 version of Black Ops was riddled with bugs, had inferior graphics and fewer of the features that the Xbox 360 version had.
With how stripped down the 360 version is, I'm surprised the PS3 could have even FEWER features! It's like Treyarch took 1 step forward, and 2 back. Why do they remove features? I guess they're pulling an EA Sports... But rest assured everyone, CoD is the greatest game ever.

El Danny

Dec 7, 2008
RUINER ACTUAL said:
Logan Westbrook said:
The petition starter said that the PS3 version of Black Ops was riddled with bugs, had inferior graphics and fewer of the features that the Xbox 360 version had.
With how stripped down the 360 version is, I'm surprised the PS3 could have even FEWER features! It's like Treyarch took 1 step forward, and 2 back. Why do they remove features? I guess they're pulling an EA Sports... But rest assured everyone, CoD is the greatest game ever.
Like people said, it's most likely just the devs being lazy when porting the game too the PS3.

Also CoD best game ever? Really?

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
El Danny said:
RUINER ACTUAL said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Like people said, it's most likely just the devs being lazy when porting the game too the PS3.

Also CoD best game ever? Really?
Most likely. They took out basic things like hardcore for offline games and other things like that.

Hah, that was sarcasm at the end there. Want sweet multiplayer? Check out Homefront.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I am glad that I only rented Modern Warfare 2, but I am even more pleased to have only rented Blips[footnote]GLITCH[/footnote]. I felt that COD4 (360) an MW2 (PS3) both looked better than what I played of Bloops. If the gameplay was anything to go by, I would be shocked and dismayed by any claim other than laziness. The Escapist SP review summed up that part up perfectly. It is rather insulting as a customer to receive a product that is slipshod for one version of the same game over another (360 or PS3, it can go both ways). I think it's a real shame too, because personally I loved COD4 way back when.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
justnotcricket said:
Be careful what you say - people managed to bring that awful Roswell show back by sending enough bottles of Tabasco sauce to the network...just goes to show anything can happen in this crazy world...
I liked that show...

:(

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
TaboriHK said:
justnotcricket said:
Be careful what you say - people managed to bring that awful Roswell show back by sending enough bottles of Tabasco sauce to the network...just goes to show anything can happen in this crazy world...
I liked that show...

Oops =S Sorry dude, to each his/her own I guess! For some reason I just couldn't stand it - and it pissed me off that people could bring that back but not Firefly...

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
justnotcricket said:
TaboriHK said:
justnotcricket said:
I liked that show...

Oops =S Sorry dude, to each his/her own I guess! For some reason I just couldn't stand it - and it pissed me off that people could bring that back but not Firefly...
Haha, just because I liked it certainly does not mean it was good. And I'd have definitely preferred a Firefly revival too.

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
Antari said:
Its fairly simple really. An Xbox360 is essentially a P3-450 grade processor with "Windows-Like" programming which is easy for them to adapt to PC. The Ps3 however is a different can of worms. And would require them essentially programming the game twice. So instead they did a quick slap together for the PS3. I've seen it happen to games on the Ps2 as well. Not a real shock. Its just more of the same from my point of view.
The XBox 360's CPU isn't anything like a Pentium III, in any possible way, except that it is a microprocessor powering a computer-like system.

The Xenon CPU in the Xbox 360 is a triple-core, 6-thread PowerPC based CPU clocked at 3.2GHz, originally on a 90nm process and now currently on a 45nm process. 32-kb of L1 data and 32KB L1 memory cache on board with a 1MB L2 cache.

The Cell is also PowerPC based, with the original version of the Xenon's core architecture. Cell also has 8 cores instead of three, all double-threaded, giving it 8 cores at 3.2GHz and 16 threads.

All the coding differences for the PS3 and Xbox 360 likely stem from the extra cores and final differences in core architecture than from using different CPUs.

THEfog101

Apr 18, 2009
Andronicus said:
Obviously they've never tried playing a Bethesda game on launch day. Suck it up wimps, you have no idea what kind of masochism real love for a game/series can lead a gamer to endure.
THIS!! lol such a win comment.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
SalamanderJoe said:
Inferior? I honestly can't see a difference. And what does he mean no split-screen online?! I see "Example Name" and "Example Name (2)" all the time online!
I have the Xbox version, but I do have a friend who has it for the PS3. The only bug I noticed was in Zombies. My friend would walk over my claymores and cause them to explode. (which was a pretty big problem) This bug wasn't in the xbox version. However that's it.

I more worried about the fact that the Zombies forced me out of the map causing me to fall infinitely in my last game. It got my entire team killed.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
The petition is going to do absolutely nothing, but in reality, they might actually have a valid legal case if they can prove that the advertising suggested that all versions were the same, and that all versions are NOT the same. There are truth in advertising laws. Of course, I don't see anyone in that group being likely to actually pony up for a lawyer and building a case for it, especially since there's no guarantee that they'd win either; I said the case was possible, not a sure thing.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
DiMono said:
Has it occurred to anyone that the problem might be with the capabilities of the PS3 hardware?
Perhaps, but if Activision WAS advertising that all of the versions would be equal, then they were lying.

It's harder to program for PS3, and it's all right if developers change things up because of that. But they need to be up front about it.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
DiMono said:
Has it occurred to anyone that the problem might be with the capabilities of the PS3 hardware?
If you just look at hardware alone then PS3 is more powerful then Xbox 360.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
...And? Does this asshole not understand what a multi-platform title is? The game was designed to run on a variety of hardware types. They can't optimize the game to use the Cell processor in time, so they gotta make do. And the only feature I see missing is the split screen online. And I can see why they'd leave it out, the game isn't optimized for the PS3, so it has enough trouble rendering the game once, doing it twice, three, and four times would be bad news bears.

The game looks fantastic as it is... Even the 360 version has its fair share of slow down.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
hAHAHA this is why i got Medal of Honor over another COD. Its nice to play a game where when i shoot somebody once or twice they go down. Also its nice having a sniper rifle that is 90% of the time one shot one kill.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Wait wait wait wait WAIT JUST A MINUTE HURRRRR!!

Wasnt the playstation 3 suppossed to be leagues ahead of the 360 in the tech department? Yet it cant run Black Ops, which many people think is a step back in graphics? Wasnt it suppossed to be several times more powerful?

So your telling me, its having all these issues, even though its massively better then the 360?

I have a PS3 ((and a WII, and a high end gaming rig, and a 360)), but im not above pointing out BS when i see it. All that power doesnt equal crap in the long run. I perfure my PSP over the PS3 anyday, and its because of things like this.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
TaboriHK said:
I'm still waiting for a petition to accomplish anything, ever.
Seems I recall signing a petition at some point many, many years ago to get Fraggle Rock on DVD. I'm now sitting on three seasons worth of DVDs. Correlation?

Can't be proved or disproved.

My ultimate point?

Er, I'll go consult the Trash Heap. She'll know.

TW2N

Dec 1, 2010
where can i sign this petition i really think this game on ps3 blows compared to the xbox version .. i just bought a xbox and another blackops just to see, and yes xbox version is way better.Some small features ARE missing from ps3 , and yes you can play split screen but sometimes it wont let you.. the frame rate is terrible its like your about to have a seizure attack or something after playing for a hour .. im a die hard cod fan and i believe we should get our money back .. i think activision is laughing right now and they should this game isnt better than mw2 in anyway and im talking fundamental wise .. i dont excpect the game to be mw2 but when your game effects my gameplay then yea its wrong not to give me my money back..im disappointed i stood outside for this SHIT! I think us as customers deserve better and need to bring this to the light because if not then guess what ?? theyll just sell us more shit. i wish xbox had a ps3 controller id stay with them, untill this blows over because it will, im hoping with some serious updates asap not months latter .. they realy need to look out for ps3 since most of us buy our games legit unlike the cheap xbox heads out their with their modded systems! you make people wait then do this ?We have to strain our eyes and play this , now its worse some games i have one bar some four and im playing local only wtf !!!!!!!!!! im sick of this game already..i swear when i downloaded 1.03 or whatever i had five beautiful games it felt so good , i actually was feeling like i was playing a smooth game i killed five people with one clip on galil silenced !!! I went to sleep happy thinking to myself yes they fixed it tommorow is another day and ill be happy forever...I woke up and the game was fucked up worse then before WTF , I think everyone downloaded the update and their went my happy days to come..MAn am i pissed, fuck blk ops!!!!No im not a person to blog but im a ps3 head cuz im good at it , typing is for those who cant game.. no offense.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
TaboriHK said:
I'm still waiting for a petition to accomplish anything, ever.
Actually, you make a valid point.

Can someone send me an example of a significant petition?