Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Ends the Tale of Daud

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Ends the Tale of Daud

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches will bring the twisted tale of the supernatural assassin Daud to a close once and for all.

Bethesda Softworks has confirmed that the next, and last, Dishonored DLC will be The Brigmore Witches, which will conclude the story that began in The Knife of Dunwall. Playing as Daud, you will set out to disrupt a powerful rite being performed by the head of the Brigmore witch coven that will spell your doom if completed. You will be forced to deal with rival gangs, the Dead Eels and the Hatters, as you navigate through never-before-seen areas of Dunwall on the way to her stronghold - and to your fate.

Bethesda has released a pair of Brigmore Witches screens that go rather nicely with the Brigmore Witches concept art [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126020-Dishonored-DLC-Concept-Art-Reveal-Ahead-Of-Detailed-Announcement] we saw earlier this morning, and while it's clearly just "more Dunwall," that's not a bad thing at all, especially since this will be the final Dishonored DLC release.

[gallery=1640]

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches launches on August 13 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, and will cost $9.99 or 800 Microsoft points. To find out more, hit up Dishonored.com [http://www.dishonored.com/dlc#/the-brigmore-witches].

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Givemesequelgivemesequelgivemesequel

Give me sequel, please?

Oh well, yay for more dlc.
If it's a sequel of any kind, I don't want it in Dunwall again, Dunwall is awesome but Dishonored was at its best at the world building aspect, another game there would just feel like retreading old ground.

Would love to see another of the major islands or cities they mentioned.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
But, he will not die there right? I kinda read it like that. I thought I'm the guy who kills him in the main game :/

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Can't wait to grab this DLC and see the conclusion of Daud's storyline.

I really hope this ends the DLC's for Dishonored and they start to work on a sequel, here's hoping.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Vaccine said:
Would love to see another of the major islands or cities they mentioned.
It'd be interesting, but I'm also kind of hoping they move on to something else. The prospect of only getting a very restricted glimpse into a universe at a very specific moment in its history is quite appealing.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I kind of wish it was Daud who got the full game and Corvo who was consigned to the DLCs. He's a much more compelling protagonist, and having the voice of Michael Madsen instead of being yet another mute is always good.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I know it's DLC and all, but would it kill them to make this one last more than a couple of hours?

I'm not expecting Undead Nightmare levels of content, but shit guys, give me some bang for my buck. I like the lore and the mythos, I love seeing and experiencing Dunwall... the only problem is that there isn't enough of it.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
How come all I can think about is "FUCKING SOLD" from Yahtzee's Sim city review?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7053-SimCity 3:42 in...

SushiJaguar

Sep 12, 2010
hazydawn said:
But, he will not die there right? I kinda read it like that. I thought I'm the guy who kills him in the main game :/
Don't worry, your actions still take place. Daud won't die before he can murder the Empress and then be butthurt about his own greed retroactively.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I was under the impression that the last DLC was the end for some reason, but I'm not complaining. Dishonored was my favorite game of year, and Knife of Dunwall was pretty solid.

Here's hoping they don't reuse an old level again though