Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Hands-On Preview

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Hands-On Preview

The Brigmore Witches does a remarkable job of standing on its own.

Read Full Article

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Wait... the Escapist sent a person who admits flat out to not being good at stealth... to try out DLC for a stealth game.

Not bashing you or anything, but... isn't that counter-intuitive?

Anyway, OT: DLC looks great, I like the demos that came out last week, I'll be getting it on the launch date if I'm at home. Just gotta get some points, and I'm solid.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Gone Rampant said:
Wait... the Escapist sent a person who admits flat out to not being good at stealth... to try out DLC for a stealth game.
It's an Immersive Sim; you can be stealthy but it's not a stealth game.

What is confusing is that they seem to have sent someone with no working knowledge of Dishonored whatsoever. Writer keeps saying they've not played The Knife of Dunwall, but then they're surprised by Michael Madsen... who's in the main game.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Gone Rampant said:
Dishonoured isn't strictly a stealth game though, you can run through and butcher every single living thing in the game if you want. You might not get a "happy ending" that way but its damn fun, coming up with creative ways of killing NPCs. I get what you are saying though, it might have been better if the reviewer could evaluate the stealth as much as the combat.

Robeltu

Sep 19, 2012
Wait so it takes 4 hours for the average player to finish a third of the DLC, so it's 12 hours on average. That's not bad :)

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Woodsey said:
Gone Rampant said:

What is confusing is that they seem to have sent someone with no working knowledge of Dishonored whatsoever. Writer keeps saying they've not played The Knife of Dunwall, but then they're surprised by Michael Madsen... who's in the main game.
Its fairly easy to dispatch Daud without really hearing more than a couple of lines. Particularly if you're going in guns blazing. Its interesting enough to have reviews from a non-stealth player side of the spectrum (and probably speaks to a large, if not majority of game audience), though it'd be better to do some sort of dual review with a stealth game player too.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Robeltu said:
Wait so it takes 4 hours for the average player to finish a third of the DLC, so it's 12 hours on average. That's not bad :)
I doubt it, the previous DLC had 3 missions which would last you 1 to 2 hours each at most. Still good value though.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Seth Carter said:
Woodsey said:
Gone Rampant said:

Its fairly easy to dispatch Daud without really hearing more than a couple of lines. Particularly if you're going in guns blazing. Its interesting enough to have reviews from a non-stealth player side of the spectrum (and probably speaks to a large, if not majority of game audience), though it'd be better to do some sort of dual review with a stealth game player too.
I guess, although it still strikes me as odd that they thought it was worth a paragraph when this is the second DLC in which he stars and the third game in which he appears.

Robeltu said:
It means the DLC overall.

Robeltu

Sep 19, 2012
Jynthor said:
Robeltu said:
I doubt it, the previous DLC had 3 missions which would last you 1 to 2 hours each at most. Still good value though.
But it says in the article that it would take the average player 4 hours to finish a quarter and also this one costs more than the others so I would expect more anyway.