Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall Arrives in April

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall Arrives in April

The Knife of Dunwall will lead you on all-new adventures through never-before-seen parts of Dunwall as the infamous assassin Daud.

I don't think there's any question that Daud, the gravel-voiced leader of the Whalers, is the most interesting character in Dishonored, a talented man who did a terrible thing and now struggles with regret as he clutches at the tattered shreds of his humanity. And soon you'll have a chance to experience the bleeding of Dunwall from his tortured perspective in The Knife of Dunwall, the single-player Dishonored DLC slated for release next month.

Marked by the Outsider in much the same way as Corvo, Daud has access to his own range of special powers, including the ability to summon Whalers to his side in combat, as well as variations on existing powers like Blink. He also brings a few customized party favors to the game, like "Chokedust," whale-oil-powered Stun Mines and the obligatory concealed Wristbow.

Daud's adventures will take him through Dunwall's Legal District and the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a factory filled with gigantic whale carcasses. He'll also return to the Whaler's base in the Flooded District and experience "key events" from the assassin's perspective, including the moment that changed Dunwall forever. Just like Dishonored, each mission can be approached in a variety of ways, and the choices Daud makes can set him on the path to redemption or lead him even further into darkness.

The Knife of Dunwall is the first chapter in the story of Daud, which will conclude in the future, final add-on, The Brigmore Witches. Look for it to come out on April 16 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, at 800 Microsoft points or $9.99.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
This is actually pretty interesting. Dishonored didn't leave me wanting, but neither did it leave me fully satisfied. I might give this DLC a go.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Ooooh, whale carcasses? Some of the stuff in the game made whales sound creepy-looking, so it'll be interesting to finally see them. Am I just imagining reading about the whales having tentacles?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
This is pretty much the kind of DLC i dont mind forking over for. Yeah, gonna give this a go. Dunwall is a city with a lot of stories to tell, hoping we get more of this, just not to much.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Daud was indeed the most interesting character, and I wanted to see more of him when I played it the first time. Unfortunately, there wasn't much then, so I'm hoping this'll be good.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
I have so much DLC to buy it's unbelievable, and now this.

I'm not even guilty that I'm moaning about first world problems, my digital add-on situation at the moment is nuts.

Piflik

Feb 25, 2010
Here's hoping we can kill that stupid queen ourselves, with Corvo watching...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
Ooooh, whale carcasses? Some of the stuff in the game made whales sound creepy-looking, so it'll be interesting to finally see them. Am I just imagining reading about the whales having tentacles?
yes, they have tentacles and i think they also glow and do other weird shit.
the most important thing for me in the news is that we will get new non-lethal option, which was what i was really missing in dishonored. really great game otherwise but trying not to kill people was so samey.

what does a wristbow look like? is it like the mini-crossbow in the original deus ex or do the parts of the bow snap out of a gauntlet or something?

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
If I still owned the game, I'd buy this, but it was so damn short I crushed it and moved on.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Well, isn't that just nifty as all get-out. I've been anticipating this since they announced a Daud-centric DLC, and now I'm getting it. Cakes all around.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Daud just sounds so weary at the end that I can't bring myself to kill him even on a "kill everyone" playthrough.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
See, THIS is the kind of DLC gamers want, this is the kind of DLC that shows up in all of EA's statistics and market research. Not death by a billion microtransactions slashed from the game.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Compatriot Block said:
Fun fact: there is a giant whale carcass located in
the stage where you fight Granny Rags. It is hanging from above her little hovel/house thing.
Also there are sculptures of them in the boyle manor party. They shoot confetti.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Compatriot Block said:
Actually, you see whales being transported on ships in the introduction during the boatride. They don't look too alien, I found the "tentacles" to resemble an additional pair of flippers...

Up close, on the other hand...

As for the DLC, can't wait, I loved that game and was hoping for a new piece of actual content, since challenge missions without actual story behind them are completely uninteresting to me.

elscotty

May 2, 2010
I am pleased that Arkane Studios are adding to the original story line. I felt is was well written and I had hoped we would see more of this really interesting world. I hope they tell us more about the world and not just keep the game within Dunwall.