Disney Heroines Morph Into Pop Culture Icons in Striking Fan Art

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Disney Heroines Morph Into Pop Culture Icons in Striking Fan Art

So, Buffy, why is a raven like a writing desk?

Artist Isaiah Keith Stephens, aka Izzy, is a huge fan of heroines, and a pop culture junkie. He took those loves and mashed them together, the result being this very fun gallery. Take a look!

[gallery=3288]

I'm a Raven fan myself - it's the Goth in me - so Sally Skellington's portrait of the Teen Titans stalwart is my pick, but no doubt you have your own. For those of you puzzled as to who the heck's who, the list in order is:

Charlotte la Bouff, from The Princess and the Frog
Jane Porter, Tarzan
Alice, Alice in Wonderland
Wendy Darling, Peter Pan
Megara, aka Meg, Hercules
Sally Skellington, The Nightmare Before Christmas
Giselle, Enchanted
Esmerelda, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Tinkerbell, Peter Pan

My only criticism - and I suppose it's more a criticism of the source than Izzy's execution - is that, without knowing who the characters are, it's difficult to tell who's playing which role. But that's probably down to me not remembering some of these Disney movies as clearly as Izzy does. I couldn't even tell you how Hunchback ends. I think aliens abduct everyone, don't they? Something about a complete mental purge? It all gets fuzzy after the bright lights and probing.

If you want to know more about the artist, take a look over here [http://izzydoodledump.tumblr.com/Bio].

Source: Buzzfeed [http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/10-disney-heroines-re-imagined-as-badass-pop-culture-icons#jkap76]

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Yeah, to be honest without the description provided I would have no idea which Princess heroine each is meant to be based on. But anyway, is there some sort of staff joke I'm not getting or do you all really love Disney Princess Mashups this much?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I sure do like the second and ninth ones! Apart from those, though, I can't really say I'm a fan...

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Who is Alice dressed up as she's wearing the only outfit I don't recognize. Jane is the best blending of the group to me, just on looks though.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Ooh, I remember this one! It's basically Disney Princesses dressed us as pop culture icons for Halloween, most of which I recognize.

...I am such a geek...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I didn't really recognize Wendy and I thought Giselle was Rapunzel but I had no problem with the others.

The Sally/Raven pic is genuinely creepy.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
It's been a while since I've seen some of these but as far as crossovers go these are pretty on point. Meg/Catwoman and Jane/Lara Croft in particular.

I'm not sure who Esmeralda is supposed to be?

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
JoJo said:
Yeah, to be honest without the description provided I would have no idea which Princess heroine each is meant to be based on. But anyway, is there some sort of staff joke I'm not getting or do you all really love Disney Princess Mashups this much?
Okay, good, I'm not the only one. I mean, not to be a jerk or take away anything from the talent of the artists, but I really don't see these mashups as all that interesting or impressive anymore. The market on these is feeling a little over saturated.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I think we're all starting to get over-saturated with these Disney princess mashups. I mean I still enjoy them, but can we please have a month where we don't have one? Maybe? Just an idea.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I've started to notice that this type of re-imagining thing is done with Disney princesses a lot, and it's reported on almost every time [well, a lot, I'm sure there are plenty of 14-year olds with Photoshop doing this on a daily basis in poor quality that are ignored]. I swear this story happens every month, it reminds me a lot of this-
http://kevinbolk.tumblr.com/post/98122722720/artist-boldly-reimagines-disney-princess-as-a

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Dr. Crawver said:
I think we're all starting to get over-saturated with these Disney princess mashups. I mean I still enjoy them, but can we please have a month where we don't have one? Maybe? Just an idea.
Good news! We're going into October, so you can look forward to getting saturated with zombie everything instead (because, apparently, no other monsters exist now).

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
McMarbles said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Good news! We're going into October, so you can look forward to getting saturated with zombie everything instead (because, apparently, no other monsters exist now).
What about Disney princesses re-imagined as zombies?

OT: This is hilarious. It's like, the more people complain about the constant Disney princess mashups, the more there are. Pretty soon it'll be a daily feature.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Taunta said:
It's been a while since I've seen some of these but as far as crossovers go these are pretty on point. Meg/Catwoman and Jane/Lara Croft in particular.

I'm not sure who Esmeralda is supposed to be?
Michonne from the Walking Dead.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
Lucane said:
Who is Alice dressed up as she's wearing the only outfit I don't recognize. Jane is the best blending of the group to me, just on looks though.
I think Alice is supposed to be Buffy.

Assuming that its Alice. I think I only recognized three of the Disney characters -_-
Alice is the third one the article lists the names of each Woman/girl in order but not what the outfit/costume is from it's a bit maddening.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
McMarbles said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Eh, at least that only lasts a month, rather than all year round (relatively speaking).